Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:45   #376

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Weather Routing

Larfalitl
Is it possible to simplify this? Then post in Tracker under pi -Weather_Routing
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 14:44   #377

Boat: Chincogan 40

Hi Rick,

It's on flyspray which I assume is the same as tracker... As a feature request titled "Comfort Sliders"

I was hoping to initiate some discussion on the idea. Others may have a better way implementing something similar, expand on the idea etc. If there is no interest by all means drop it.
Larfalitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05   #378

Are these includes in RouteMaleOverlay.cpp permiteed?
Particularly jsonreader ones? Are they considered illegal external?

#include "../../../include/ocpn_plugin.h"
#include "../../../include/ocpndc.h"
#include "../../../include/wx/jsonreader.h"
#include "../../../include/wx/jsonwriter.h"
Old 12-10-2013, 08:54   #379

Ok!!! After more work to hopefully remove all external references, except for json... I got Weather_Routing_pi to compile successfully.

Note: When using Boat "Calculated" mode, rather than a file, the Beam is not remembered, so each time you use it you must reset it. However it does run with Climatology and Grib. This was compiled using v3.3.1009 because 3.2.2 no longer works, see previous efforts in this thread. Some of the Tracker tasks need refinement.

I'll upload the newest file to the Opencpn Beta website later & leave a message here.
Old 12-10-2013, 22:34   #380

I've been following this thread and am amazed at the work you did to get this working. It is a wonderful resource. Though, I did not understand most of what was done- I do understand the value and the amount of work that went into it.

I congratulate all of you for doing this!!
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2013, 07:40   #381

Plugins-Beta - Weather_Routing Update
Weather_Routing has been recompiled with changes to fix "Illegal External File references to main the Opencpn/src files, etc". Please remember that there are data files required to be located in plugins/weather_routing/data directory. See notes.

Opencpn Beta Login - Plugins - rguser, rgpass.
Look under directory Plugins-Win-Opencpn 3.3.1009
for file "weather_routing_win32_pi110_ov331009_pi.dll"

I note that this version may work with versions of Opencpn prior to v3.3.1009, the version it was compiled under, because it is hopefully independent of files in the main Opencpn program now. It will probably NOT run under v3.2.2 because it needs some routines that were not available in that version. I believe the determinant of which versions of Opencpn the plugin will run under is the "Plugin APA 1.10" - see "_PI110" in the file name.

I would like to give ChuckSK (Chuck) and Rasbats (Mike) and any others who I've not mentioned, a huge THANK YOU for all their help and assistance in getting this compiled successfully under Opencpn v3.3.1009. They have been patient with this learning neophyte. I hope you all enjoy.

Here is a recent screen image of a long routing USA-RI to England using both Grib and Climatology. We owe Sean a big thank you for developing this wonderful plugin. Please contribute to his "Donate" button, he needs your help to finish his voyage 'round the world' in his Wind + PV powered Bristol 27. I think he may be headed for the Philippines right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather_Routing_with_Climatology_and_Grib_US-England-July.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	68781  
Old 18-10-2013, 09:49   #382

Boat: Westerly Centaur 26'
Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004

I just downloaded everything, and Mine Crashes every-time I click to Computer Routing.
bbowers2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 19:48   #383

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Are you using linux? Could you provide a backtrace?
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 22:14   #384

Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Are you using linux? Could you provide a backtrace?
Fresh Install, Windows 7

Fresh Install - Climatology

If I don't have the Climatology app loaded, it will give me the error of climatologoy error.

Once I fix all the start , end points then it immediatly crashes after I click route.

One main concern I had while installing was the data file folder. I wasn't completely sure by the instructions on what to put in there, also I didn't fully understand the "boat.xml" file option.

Maybe a short test file explaining this, I realize this is beta, but no other OPENCPN works with Windows 7 64 bit, and leaves me with no choice but to use this version.

Thanks again for the response.
Old 21-10-2013, 06:26   #385

BBowers2004, we need more info.

You still have not told us what version of Opencpn.

1. Fresh Install, Windows 7 (x64?)
2. Fresh Install - Climatology (what number is the file?, do you have data directory with the current data? Where is it located? (Path)
3. If I don't have the Climatology app loaded, it will give me the error of climatologoy error. (Do you have climatology checked in the Weatherrouting plugin, under edit?) -It should be impossible and greyed if climatology is not running.

Once I fix all the start , end points then it immediately crashes after I click route.
-Do you mean click "Start"?
-Do you have a grib file up of 2-8 days of the area?
-You must use this plugin in conjunction with Grib_pi and/or Climatology_pi.
-Have you gone through all menus and set them up?
-Start small and work your way up. Get a small routing workiing first. See the isochrones and the route working on the very small routing. Set the resolution and time periods realistically. Download a grib for your area. Set start and end points in your area. Start with a routing in an open area with not land. Check out the boat settings, but leave them much as is, at first. Then once working you can try to load your polars, but don't do it first.

One main concern I had while installing was the data file folder. I wasn't completely sure by the instructions on what to put in there.

Weather_routing, Climatology_pi, Celestial_Navigation_pi and some others all require a data directory. Please go to Opencpn Beta File thingie and read up about where the data directories go. Climatology has an updated data file for currents from 1992-2011 on Opencpn Beta File Thingie. You can also go to Pavel's sourceforge download area for Opencpn Plugins. His may not be as current, so beware, but the instructions are there too.
, also I didn't fully understand the "boat.xml" file option.

Maybe a short test file explaining this, I realize this is beta, but no other OPENCPN works with Windows 7 64 bit, and leaves me with no choice but to use this version.

Keep working at it, you'll get it . Then tell us what was wrong about the install please or what you did not understand so we can make it clearer.

Thanks.
Old 21-10-2013, 06:39   #386

Opencpn Beta File Thingie rguser , rgpass

Climatology_pi see directory "Plugins-Win-Opencpn-3.2.0" for current data.
or see directory "Climate-Data-5"

Weather_routing_pi most current version, only works with Opencpn Beta 3.3.1009
directory "Plugins-Win-Opencpn-3.3.1009" fixes the "External file reference" problem and georef problems.

Note the "weather_routing" directory (no "_pi"!!!) with "data" directory under that that is the structure, put "weather_routing" directory and all below in your plugin directory please.
Old 21-10-2013, 07:53   #387

Before I go any further, I notice your version is 3.3.1009 , I have version 3.3.1006

I can't find a download for 3.3.1009 anywhere I look.
Old 21-10-2013, 08:03   #388

This is Beta software, sometimes versions are not sequential. I compiled it under 3.3.1009. Go ahead and try it, I believe it will work.
Old 21-10-2013, 08:15   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
This is Beta software, sometimes versions are not sequential. I compiled it under 3.3.1009. Go ahead and try it, I believe it will work.
Ok,

I have

climatology_win32_pi19_v02_pi.dll (with information in climatology/data repectively)

Works fine, on stand alone.

I have grib_pi which came with the install of 3.3.1006. I have requested a grib file through this program for 8 days and it works stand alone.

I have weather_routing_win32_pi110_v09_ov331009_pi.dll with data information in weather_routing/data respectively

The only file in weather_routing/data is WeatherRoutingInformation.html is this correct?

I am running windows 7 x64 , It happens when I click "start"
Old 21-10-2013, 10:29   #390

Quote:
"The only file in weather_routing/data is WeatherRoutingInformation.html is this correct?"
Yes.

I think this setup should be okay.
What are your present settings under Edit?
Just type out what each one says, so we can figure out if there is some default that needs to be preset in order to avoid crashes. Thanks.

Also do you have WeatherRoutingConfiguration.xml in your progamdata directory?
Please attach your ini and log files. Thanks.

Tags
paracelle, weather