Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2013, 10:59   #256

Re: Weather Routing

Pavel,

My intention is/was to for come hard coded numbers and use variables, set once, throughout the program. I understand your point and the hassle to update the currently used ini-file. The way you suggested to solve the hard coded values seems a very workable solution to me, but than agaon, I'm not a programmer

In your solution you do not test for the equal situation. I don't know the design in depth, however I suggest to test the equal situation as well, unless there will never be an equal situation with your variables and the 'major' and 'minor' variables.

Do you agree?
George64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:33   #257

Boat: Phantom 19

George...
This thing is actually not a setting - it makes sure that the two plugin versions are working together, which is dependent on the build, that's why it is in the code and not in the INI file. My patch anticipates backwards compatibility, probably good enough for now, but sure can be modified further to suite Sean's needs.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 00:44   #258

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Sorry for all the trouble and confusion. I have been out of internet. I thought I had a 2 day change which has taken a few weeks, but should be submitting very soon.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 08:07   #259

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I put the new version of weather routing in git now. It will work with climatology again.

Eventually I can support multiple selections and better features, but for now my focus is on fixing the various sub-optimal route maps generated from climatology data not always propagating, and from overlapping isochrons which takes extreme cpu load so this case needs to be eliminated.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:52   #260

Boat: SUN ODYSSEY 40

Hi All,

I have the same problem as Rgleason using weather routing and climatology (Datas 5) : Climatology plugin version not correct, no climatology data

have you compil a new windows version to test it with ocpn 3.3.604 please ?

Thanks a lot for your help
edelvoilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 14:06   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelvoilier View Post
Hi All,

I have the same problem as Rgleason using weather routing and climatology (Datas 5) : Climatology plugin version not correct, no climatology data

have you compil a new windows version to test it with ocpn 3.3.604 please ?

Thanks a lot for your help
If you look at the plugin topic you'll see boot_alexander has post a new version of the weather plugin.
Old 19-06-2013, 14:33   #262

Boat: SUN ODYSSEY 40
Good evening Georges64
Sorry but i have not see the dll
Can you help me to find it ?
Thanks
edelvoilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 18:25   #263

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Sean, Tried compiling Climatology and Weather_routing after git pull.
Weather_routing MSVC Build Output errors:

Code:
59>------ Skipped Build: Project: wmm-pot-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
59>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(86): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(86): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(87): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(87): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(88): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\BoatPlan.h(88): error C2065: 'NAN' : undeclared identifier
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.h(31): warning C4099: 'RouteMapConfiguration' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
24>          c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\ConfigurationBatchDialog.h(34) : see declaration of 'RouteMapConfiguration'
24>c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.h(144): warning C4099: 'RouteMapConfiguration' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
24>          c:\data-dart\up-soft\navigation\opencpn-git\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\ConfigurationBatchDialog.h(34) : see declaration of 'RouteMapConfiguration'
60>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
60>  Build all projects
61>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
61>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
62>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
62>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 30 succeeded, 1 failed, 4 up-to-date, 31 skipped ==========
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 19:27   #264

Sean, disregard the above, it was compiled with Opencpn v3.3.604. I am trying to set up v 3.2.0. and compile with your new code now.
Old 19-06-2013, 21:43   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelvoilier View Post
Good evening Georges64
Sorry but i have not see the dll
Can you help me to find it ?
Thanks
It seems that there is an error in the compilation proces. Have to wait
Old 20-06-2013, 06:10   #266

Sean, I am posting this photo to thread, in hope you can see it with Inet connection.
I've git fetch and pull clim and wx-rte and compilled in MSVC debug. Both plugins run and there does not seem to be a message about not using climatology any more although I got that several times this morning (don't remember if a git pull brought more changes). Anyway I ran a start=Bay of Islands end=Lifou (looked like a good bay for protection from main winds) with Climatology & Grib checked in Wx-Rte had a fresh 8 day grib. Then Started Wx-Rte. It charted a course direct to the island but stopped short with a message and did not use the climate data.

==Added Config of wx-rte
-- Before I upload the dll's I would like to be compiliing on Opencpn 3.2.0 which is the lowest version the plugin API is compatible with. Right now my git clone is totally updated to 3.3.604 which has the error messaging features. I am trying to figure out how to tell git to download or go back to version 3.2.0. It says I am going to loose code changes and I should "stash". Maybe I should not care what happens in my "rick" repos, and I did already "stash". Anyway I'm going to figure this out, while maybe you can get wx-rte actually using climate data. (by the way, Sean I checked my Seasurfacetemp.gz created 6/10 file and it is 407kb
I willl upload a pic of that too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-not-using-climatology-data.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	456.5 KB
ID:	62896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-not-using-climatology-data-CONFIG.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	62897  

Old 20-06-2013, 06:34   #267

Climatology June using seasurfacetemp.gz 407kb, 6/10/2013 in Windows.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-SeaSurfTemp-407kb-6-10-2013.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	62904  
Old 20-06-2013, 07:08   #268

Trying Wx-Rte and Clim in Linux.
Had this in make output.

Code:
/home/rgleason/opencpn-git/plugins/weather_routing_pi/src/WeatherRouting.cpp: In member function ‘bool WeatherRouting::OpenXML(wxString, bool)’:
/home/rgleason/opencpn-git/plugins/weather_routing_pi/src/WeatherRouting.cpp:545:28: warning: variable ‘now’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
/home/rgleason/opencpn-git/plugins/weather_routing_pi/src/WeatherRouting.cpp:526:16: warning: variable ‘start’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable
Old 20-06-2013, 08:10   #269

LINUX

Have git fetch, then git pull for opencpn (version 3.3.604) and under plugins/climatology_pi and plugins/weather_routing_pi done git fetch and git pull twice.

Then under build done cmake ../ then make then sudo make install.

Ran climatology plugin. It loaded the data, I could see the files being loaded and progress bar was good, justt like windows version. Then shut down the clim plugin and then opened it again. Data seen at cursor as move.

Then started Wx-Rte. Message poppped up Clim data not compatible. Hit OK at message and Wx-Rte closed. Then tried opening WxRte. No message. Went into Wx-Rte Config climatology check is greyed.

Started Grib plugin, loaded current NZ grib. Wx-Rte shows grib checkbox can check and uncheck.

This all acts pretty darn well, except Climatology does not seem to be enabled.

Have two pics. One of Clim + Wx-Rte and another pic of Seasurftemp.gz using 416kb (in linux) 6/10/2013 data,same file. Looks the same as Windows. Hope it is okay. Don't know why this seasurftemp data question keeps going around. I've downloaded it many times.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Dest-not-reached-Clim-Data-not-used-Check-greyed.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	62906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Climatology-SeaSurfTemp-407kb-6-10-2013Linux.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	62907  

Old 20-06-2013, 10:27   #270

Sean, I've been working in Linux still. I found multiple Climate data file versions (old dates) in usr/local/share/opencpn.....data/ so I had to learn how to sudo rm all the files in that directory (very carefully) and then sudo cp CL-Data-5 files back into that directory. Files were redated during that process to June 20.

It appears the plugin was picking up the most recent files anyway, but I wanted to be sure. The seasurfacetemperature.gz files appears the same as above.

What I also confirmed again, is that the Climatology data does not appear to be working in Wx-Rte (in Linux) either. Some more shots below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx=Rte-Clim-Grib-No-Clim-data.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	62911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Clim-Grib-SayOK-Wx-Rte-Close-Start-Again.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	62912  

Name:	Wx-Rte-Clim-Grib-Start-Does-not-useClimate-Data.jpg