Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 03:44   #196

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Weather Routing

When I run MSVC in debug mode with the wx-Rte 0.4 and Grib 2.2 it works.
When I take a fresh copy of Opencpn 3.2.0 and copy 'release" weather_routing_pi.dll and weather_routing directory with the html information file to plugins dir and then try, the plugin does not show.

Then when I copy the 'release' opencpn.exe in to the rout application dir and try it
with the release wx-rte plugin as soon as I click Opencpn 3.2.0 (modified) the message "The system can't start because the file CrashRpt1401.dlll is missing from your computer." pops up.

I have located this file in my git version of Opencpn but it does not exist in V3.2.0.
I have tried putting the "crashrpt" directory in the application directory. That did not work. Then I copied crashrpt1401.dll from the subdir to the appllication root and it worked and the application loaded, but there was a message that crashrpt1401 was not found where it was expected. I looked in the opencpn.LOG and there was no reference to this file. Where should it go? Perhaps users download and install 3.2.2 instead?

I have some wx-rte plugin files to upload for Windows that work when crashrpt1401.dll confirmation of location and what to do becomes available.

My Ubuntu version of Wx-Rte is not working because it is more current and requires a merge in the main branch I believe. It has a new feature for setting the boat location, but Sean (Boat_Alexandra) would know more about that improvement.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:51   #197

Just to tantalize you all about the plugin Sean has created, I'll add some screen shots showing the Configuration screen with Climatology checkbox, Polar Screen, and Plot screen showing history. This is using Grib 2.2 and Weather_Routing 0.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Grib-Configuration.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	409.3 KB
ID:	60650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Grib-Plot.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	60651  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Grib-Boat Polar.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	60652  
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24   #198

Found this in MSVC cmakelists.txt

IF(WIN32)
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DOCPN_USE_CRASHRPT)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/buildwin/crashrpt)
SET(EXTRA_LIBS ${EXTRA_LIBS} ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/buildwin/crashrpt/CrashRpt1401.lib)
SET(CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS /DEBUG)
ENDIF(WIN32)

Perhaps crashchecking needs to be turned off before making plugins?
Or perhaps it needs to be turned of before taking a copy of opencpn.exe?

How do you turn it off?

If you put crashrpt1401.dll in application root directory, Opencpn will run but with a message saying the file is in the wrong place.
Attached Files
File Type: doc CrashRpt1401.dll.doc (133.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40   #199

Boat: Phantom 19

Rick...
You can't run plugins built against current master with 3.2.x
Crash reporting in the master can't, and has not to be, turned off, we will update the build instructions for when ready... Now we simply aren't.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55   #200

Ok, I will wait until then. How does one find this stuff out?

Meanwhile I've uploaded some plugins that have this problem, (I assumed the crash reporting could be turned off) ...but you can click through the message provided you have the crashrpt1401.dll in the opencpn directory, and try these out. There are improvements to most of them.
Calculator
Grib
Weather_Routing
Weather_Fax
Climatology - not working but menus work
Celestial_Navigation

Don't forget that you must have the directories
weather_routing (w 1 file)
celestial_navigation (w 3 files)
in the plugin directory.

And you will need an updated opencpn.exe
to run these.

Some of them break in MSVC but seem to work in release.
Celestial_Navigation continues to break on entry of the second fix, but it works for the first fix.

These are under the libplugins-with-crashrpt directory on file thingie Ocpn, if you know where that is. Otherwise I suggest you not mess around, until they have crash reporting fully implemented.
Old 12-05-2013, 21:48   #201
Marine Service Provider

Devs...

To reiterate what Pavel said:

Plugins requiring the PlugIn API 1.10 defined in the current git master will not load and run on OpenCPN Version 3.2.x

OpenCPN 3.2.x supports only up to PlugIn API 1.9.

It is up to each PlugIn developer to determine the API level to which their code conforms, and communicate that fact.

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 23:55   #202

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

weather routing requires 1.10, and therefore needs latest opencpn from git.

Since it is not officially released. I am not going to complicated it with backwards compatibility.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 01:51   #203

Boat: 10.50 mètres

hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
weather routing requires 1.10, and therefore needs latest opencpn from git.

Since it is not officially released. I am not going to complicated it with backwards compatibility.
For beta tester, it becomes difficult to manage different versions of OpenCPN depending on the version of the API. There are O 3.2.2, there are O GE2KAP version, there are pure O Weather routing version ... Pfuuuuuu.

Where is the API? In opencpn.exe or dll that come with?

Regards, Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 02:37   #204

I don't know much about how it works on windows, what dll do you speak of. The functions required are in the main executable program.
Old 13-05-2013, 07:08   #205
Marine Service Provider

All...

The API definition is the the main OpenCPN program.

3.2.2 uses API 1.9.
3.3.x will use API 1.10, which is under design and development as we speak.

Please remember that the main program is backwards compatible with respect to PlugIns. This means that a PlugIn that works with O 3.2.2 should (and must) work with all later versions of O. This must be a goal of Beta testing of the new main program.

During the process of Beta testing of a new version of O, there will no doubt be moments where new PlugIns (with advanced features) and a new main program are not compatible. This is a consequence of parallel development. It should be a goal of Beta testing to identify these cases and resolve them, either through changes to the main, or PlugIn. It will be a dynamic process...

If there is trouble, the logfile will always indicate the failure of a PlugIn to load correctly, and is useful information to the developers.

Thanks
Dave
Old 13-05-2013, 07:33   #206

I'd like to know how you'd like to label the plugins, including development plugins.

I believe it took this form:

Quote:
lib[pluginname]_[win32,win64..]_pi[compatibility number,18,??]_v[version#]_pi.dll
Is this correct?
What does compatibility "18" apply to? API 1.9? or API 1.8?
and how do we name API 3.3.x will use API 1.10?

If a particular plugin is still under development how should it be named?

Also it would be helpful to develop a current list of plugin compatibility, by having the developers so advise. - I volunteer to create the result list and put it on the plugins (list) thread.

Sorry about the pesky questions.
Old 13-05-2013, 08:24   #207
Marine Service Provider

rgleason...

You've got the right idea.

In lib[pluginname]_[win32,win64..]_pi[compatibility number,18,??]_v[version#]_pi.dll,

"compatibility number" is the main OCPN program API number required by this PlugIn.
"version #" is the private version number of the PlugIn itself, controlled by the PlugIn developer.

Concerning the main OCPN, now.
The Main program API number is distinct and independent from the OpenCPN Version number. Each released version of OCPN will support a certain PlugIn API. As we progress, we expect the API eventually to stabilize, or at least to evolve more slowly than the main program. This will happen naturally as we fill out the API to include the commonly required PlugIn functions.

I think it would be a great idea to bring some order to the PlugIn constellation. There may be some renaming of existing PlugIns required, but that's OK at this point. We definitely ask all PlugIn developers to try to follow the naming convention during their development, and especially after their release. One can see at a glance what the requirements of a particular PlugIn will be.

Thanks
Dave
Old 13-05-2013, 08:33   #208

Just Git Fetch and Git clone wx_rte, Build MSVC, this is the output.
Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: dashboard-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: weatherfax-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>------ Build started: Project: wmm-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>------ Build started: Project: SAR-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>------ Build started: Project: weather_routing-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
8>------ Build started: Project: climatology-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>------ Build started: Project: rtlsdr-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>  i18n: Done.
3>  dashboard_pi-i18n: Done.
10>------ Build started: Project: CALCULATOR-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
11>------ Build started: Project: watchman-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>  weatherfax_pi-i18n: Done.
6>  SAR-i18n: Done.
5>  wmm-i18n: Done.
12>------ Build started: Project: celestial_navigation-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>  rtlsdr_pi-i18n: Done.
8>  climatology_pi-i18n: Done.
13>------ Build started: Project: aisradar-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
14>------ Build started: Project: vdr-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
15>------ Build started: Project: grib-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>  weather_routing_pi-i18n: Done.
16>------ Build started: Project: weather_routing_pi, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
11>  watchman_pi-i18n: Done.
10>  CALCULATOR-i18n: Done.
46>------ Build started: Project: watchman_pi, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
12>  celestial_navigation-i18n: Done.
13>  aisradar-i18n: Done.
14>  vdr-i18n: Done.
15>  grib_pi-i18n: Done.
46>     Creating library C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/watchman_pi/Debug/watchman_pi.lib and object C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/watchman_pi/Debug/watchman_pi.exp
16>     Creating library C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/weather_routing_pi/Debug/weather_routing_pi.lib and object C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/weather_routing_pi/Debug/weather_routing_pi.exp
46>watchman_pi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl gshhsCrossesLand(double,double,double,double)" (?gshhsCrossesLand@@YA_NNNNN@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall watchman_pi::SetPositionFixEx(class PlugIn_Position_Fix_Ex &)" (?SetPositionFixEx@watchman_pi@@EAEXAAVPlugIn_Position_Fix_Ex@@@Z)
46>WatchmanDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl gshhsCrossesLand(double,double,double,double)" (?gshhsCrossesLand@@YA_NNNNN@Z)
46>C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\watchman_pi\Debug\watchman_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
16>WeatherRoutingDialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PlugIn_Waypoint::PlugIn_Waypoint(double,double,class wxString const &,class wxString const &,class wxString const &)" (??0PlugIn_Waypoint@@QAE@NNABVwxString@@00@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall WeatherRoutingDialog::OnExport(class wxCommandEvent &)" (?OnExport@WeatherRoutingDialog@@EAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)
16>WeatherRoutingDialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PlugIn_Track::PlugIn_Track(void)" (??0PlugIn_Track@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall WeatherRoutingDialog::OnExport(class wxCommandEvent &)" (?OnExport@WeatherRoutingDialog@@EAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)
16>C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\Debug\weather_routing_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
47>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
47>  Build all projects
48>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
48>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
49>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
49>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 16 succeeded, 2 failed, 17 up-to-date, 31 skipped ==========
No DLL made.
Old 13-05-2013, 08:44   #209

I think you need to pull git for watchman_pi and OpenCPN to fix these.
Old 13-05-2013, 09:32   #210

Sean,
I think this is better, but one still fails. I did a git clone for both watchman and weather_routing. On the last co round in opencpn-git directory I did git fetch --all
git branch -v
git pull origin master
git fetch --all
I hope that is ok. CL-Data Still running. Made a typo error in makefile & fixed it

Thanks.
R

Code:
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
58>------ Skipped Build: Project: wmm-pot-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
58>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
59>------ Skipped Build: Project: dummy, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
59>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
23>     Creating library C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/weather_routing_pi/Debug/weather_routing_pi.lib and object C:/Data-Dart/Up-Soft/Navigation/opencpn-git/build/plugins/weather_routing_pi/Debug/weather_routing_pi.exp
23>WeatherRoutingDialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PlugIn_Waypoint::PlugIn_Waypoint(double,double,class wxString const &,class wxString const &,class wxString const &)" (??0PlugIn_Waypoint@@QAE@NNABVwxString@@00@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall WeatherRoutingDialog::OnExport(class wxCommandEvent &)" (?OnExport@WeatherRoutingDialog@@EAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)
23>WeatherRoutingDialog.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PlugIn_Track::PlugIn_Track(void)" (??0PlugIn_Track@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall WeatherRoutingDialog::OnExport(class wxCommandEvent &)" (?OnExport@WeatherRoutingDialog@@EAEXAAVwxCommandEvent@@@Z)
23>C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\opencpn-git\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\Debug\weather_routing_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
60>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
60>  Build all projects
61>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
61>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
62>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
62>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 30 succeeded, 1 failed, 4 up-to-date, 31 skipped ==========

Tags
paracelle, weather