Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2016, 09:08   #166

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Re: Watchdog Plugin

Hello Carcode,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
It starts already with a missing name for the title bar of the properties window.
"Properties de cette alert" ??? Which alert? There are several alerts to be configured. I don't know what developers think when programming such things. The average user should not use this plugin or what?Gerhard
It is precisely because the window title does not mention the type of alert that I translated in this way. Certainly, it would be nice if the alert type appeared, but there are many other more important things to improve. So I forgive the developer..

B.R. Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 09:22   #167

Hello Sean d'Epagnier, hello Jongough,

There in the "pot file" an item that is "Port". It is used here:
src / Alarm.cpp 1224 src / Alarm.cpp 1248 src / WatchdogUI.cpp: 715

But although translated into French by "Babord" in Crowdin is always "Port" which appears in the alert window "COG".

I take this observation to mention another item that is not properly used. This is the item "Boundary time" that appears in the list of alert types.
It seems to me, given his job, he would replace the item "Boundary time" by a somewhat more complex item that could be "Boundary time / distance"

There is also another item that does not seem to use me and that could, perhaps, be deleted. It is "Boundary distance". (To check).

An update of the pot file would be welcome.

Thank by advance. Gilletarom.
Old 13-02-2016, 10:01   #168

Boat: Amel Sharki

Gilletarom,

there is an old problem with localization strings in OpenCPN that results of the underlying wxWidgets libraries. This system is not intended to handle different plugin files for translations, the *.mo files. The problem arises when the same string for translation exists in the main program and also in one or more plugins. The main developer thinks he has solved it by loading the *.mo files again and again during startup but this doesn't work always. See your OpenCPN log file where after each load of a plugin all the *.mo files are loaded again. So e.g. the english word "port" might be une havre ou bien babord.
Because I also have no solution to fix this problem therefore I have made my own german version of OpenCPN and the plugins. I simply change the strings in the source code without needing the translation system of *.mo files where no other way was possible. Of course that is no solution. It shows however the limitations of the used wxWidgets libraries which are the reason also for other problems the OpenCPN bundle has.

Gerhard
CarCode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 02:50   #169

Hello Sean d'Epagnier, hello Jongough,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
There in the "pot file" an item that is "Port". It is used here: src / Alarm.cpp 1224 src / Alarm.cpp 1248 src / WatchdogUI.cpp: 715
But although translated into French by "Babord" in Crowdin is always "Port" which appears in the alert window "COG".
An update of the pot file would be welcome. Thank by advance. Gilletarom.
I correct the content of my post #167 yesterday.

This applies to the word "Port" of the language file of plugin Watchdog. It is used in the sense of "Port side". Its translation into French is "Babord" in this case. But in the language file of the core, ie of OpenCPN, there is also the word "Port". It is used only once here: #: src / ais.cpp: 276 src / options.cpp 1675.
Another French intervened in translations, there are two, and in the language file OpenCPN, translated as "Port". He may be right, because it is possible that Dave, choosing the word "Port" in this context, is meant "Harbour". ....

In short, one solution to this mess is resolved, the plugin "Watchdog, replaced the item "Port" by the item "Port "(with at least a space) and security, but it is less important for language "Starboard" by "Starboard "(also with at least a space).

So I can translate correctly and the result will be correct in Watchdog windows.

Thank by advance. Gilletarom.
Old 14-02-2016, 02:59   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCode View Post
Gilletarom,
See your OpenCPN log file where after each load of a plugin all the *.mo files are loaded again. So e.g. the english word "port" might be une havre ou bien babord.
..Gerhard
Yes CarCode, that is true. With all the habits I have, the translation of OpenCPN, and these plugins, I should have thought. But there is another French intervened in the translation of the Core and I had not imagined it. For the translation of "Le Havre" is quite rare.
Old 14-02-2016, 03:43   #171
NAV

Gilletarom,

Attached is an Excel file I made to compare translations between OpenCPN core and some plugins (Draw, Watchdog, Weather Routing). I'm trying (for the Dutch language) to increase the logic and the similarity. This is made easier by the possibility to filter and sort. I just added the strings in French. Perhaps you can use it.

All strings are extracted today from the GITHUB master branches. Note that any future changes in the po-files makes this file (partly) invalid.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCPN_Language.xlsx.pdf (153.3 KB, 69 views)
NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 04:35   #172

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAV View Post
Gilletarom,

Attached is an Excel file I made to compare translations between OpenCPN core and some plugins (Draw, Watchdog, Weather Routing). I'm trying (for the Dutch language) to increase the logic and the similarity. This is made easier by the possibility to filter and sort. I just added the strings in French. Perhaps you can use it.

All strings are extracted today from the GITHUB master branches. Note that any future changes in the po-files makes this file (partly) invalid.
That was a good idea NAV and I think it is the only way to come around with these mismatches. Thanks for your work.

Gerhard
CarCode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 04:37   #173

Hello NAV,
Quote:
Gilletarom,
Attached is an Excel file I made to compare translations between OpenCPN core and some plugins (Draw, Watchdog, Weather Routing). ....
Thank you.
Old 14-02-2016, 06:40   #174

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

NAV I like it. Shouldn't we post the spreadsheet somewhere?
I'll put it on file thingie too.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 07:55   #175
NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
NAV I like it. Shouldn't we post the spreadsheet somewhere?
I'll put it on file thingie too.
More important is probably the simple procedure I used to make it (ready in a few minutes):
1. Go to GITHUB;
2. Find the correct repository (master branch);
3. Open po-file of the language you're interested in;
4. Click on "Raw";
5. Copy all;
6. Paste to two different sheets (e.g. 1 and 2) of Excel;
7. Delete all empty rows on sheet 1 (use Excel Add On to do this with a few mouse clicks);
8. Filter on "msgid" in sheet 1;
9. Delete all hidden rows on sheet 1 (use Excel Add On to do this with a few mouse clicks);
10. Delete all empty rows on sheet 2;
11. Filter on "msgstr" in sheet 2;
12. Delete al hidden rows on sheet 2;
13. Copy all msgstr rows from sheet 2 to next empty column in sheet 1;
14. Check results.
15. Add plugin name in separate column for all copied rows;
16. Add sequential number in separate column to be able to re-sort.

The Excel Add On I use adds a lot of additional functionalities, of which I only used two for this procedure. You can find it here: ASAP Utilities

Last version of Excel spreadsheet is attached (I added the strings for Polar and Grib).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCPN_Language.xlsx.pdf (171.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 14-02-2016, 08:36   #176

Hello All, Hello NAV, Hakan, RGleason, Dave.

I copied the NAV data in another sheet
I removed unnecessary texts (eg msgid).
Then I selected all the columns (A, B, C and D)
Using the tool "Sort", I sorted according to two criteria Column B and Column A.

So I got a new file, with in column A, and the origins of items and in column B, the items in alphabetical order. (This is why, in the first lines, there are only numbers)

then we can easily identify items that appear simultaneously in the "pot files" several plugins and / or OpenCPN.

For example, line 1729 and line 1730 there is the item "Port", which appears in both OpenCPN and WatchDog.
We see immediately, this is confrontational
- In OpenCPN, translation into several columns correspond to "Harbour".
- In WatchDog, the correct translation is "Port side" in all columns.
So we are certain that we have at present a real problem with this item.

Note that Hakan in his post, in the "4.2 thread" indicates apparently, if I understood what he said, that the understanding of "Port" should be "Port side" in OpenCPN.

here join my new list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCPN_Language_2.xlsx.pdf (108.0 KB, 124 views)
Old 14-02-2016, 08:57   #177
NAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
I copied the NAV data in another sheet
I removed unnecessary texts (eg msgid).
Then I selected all the columns (A, B, C and D)
Using the tool "Sort", I sorted according to two criteria Column B and Column A.
Accept for removing 'msgid' and 'msgstr' (which wasn't really necessary ;-) ) you could have done all this in the original spreadsheet. This is exactly where I made it for.
Old 14-02-2016, 14:06   #178

Boat: Najad 34

@Translators
Thanks to Jon the watchdog source is now updated with new translations, po-files, I loaded from Crowdin.
There was a couple of files not from Crowdin but "home made" in Gettext. I'm sorry but these are overwritten and replaced by the Crowdin "originals". So hopefully we are now back on track here. I apologize for any inconvenience if the home made files differed from these from Crowdin but I do think this was necessary.

For those not able to build from source Rick may serve his "tingle" a new binary for you to check it out?
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 10:48   #179
NAV

Following string is not shown as translated, but in English:
" boundary " (#: src/Alarm.cpp:573)
Old 25-02-2016, 14:04   #180

Boat: Richter 42

NAV,
I have uploaded new versions of the pot and po files. This is patch 1.9.037 and that line is no longer there. Can you retry your test?

Jon

Quote:
Following string is not shown as translated, but in English:
" boundary " (#: src/Alarm.cpp:573)
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plug