Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2015, 18:57   #1

Boat: Oyster 53
User's Manual?

I appreciate the phenomenal amount of work and dedication that went into and continues to go into developing Open CPN. And I hope there is a constructive dialogue between developers and actual real world users of the program. As a new and failure-prone user of Open CPN I would find it most useful to have a users manual in PDF format.

I realize there is an HTML users manual on the Open CPN website and this is great for people on shore or comfortably within sight of a reliable wifi signal but for some of us further away it is of no use at all. Heading offshore it would be useful, actually imperative, to have the manual on my computer so I can correct my mistakes while I use the program. A PDF version of the manual is not visible on the Open CPN website, nor does it turn up in the website search function and I have had no luck with Google either.

Can somebody point me in the direction of a perhaps secret link that would allow me to download a users manual?

Many thanks.

Dhillen
(waiting for weather in San Francisco)
Old 15-04-2015, 19:01   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: User's Manual?

Dhillen...
The manual is bundled with every OpenCPN installation - just click that "?" icon in the toolbar and then "Help"
If you for some reason must have it in PDF - print it to PDF, the result is about 280 pages and weights a couple of megabytes.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 20:38   #3

Boat: Oyster 53
Re: User's Manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Dhillen...
The manual is bundled with every OpenCPN installation - just click that "?" icon in the toolbar and then "Help"
If you for some reason must have it in PDF - print it to PDF, the result is about 280 pages and weights a couple of megabytes.

Pavel
Thanks! That works!

Dhillen