Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 04:16   #1

Boat: Dufour 35
Updating the Wiki for 2.1.0

The wiki needs a rapid effort to update it as much as possible, before Daves deadline at Saturday 0000Z. A snapshot of the wiki at this time will be the documentation for 2.1.0.

To make this a bit more organized, let us coordinate and try to avoid double work.

Manimaul: I hope that you have the opportunity to update all the relevant pictures, specially the button-pictures, that are housed in your directory. Updated pictures with the same name, to avoid braking links, would be great.

+++

I have written a piece about anchor watch and moved it to "advanced feature". I have also updated Basic Features -> Status Bar, and I'm preparing to write something about quilting.

Please report planned changes in this thread.

I hope that all the present contributors and a few new ones, will get cracking ASAP.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 05:21   #2

I forgot to say that, everyone else are welcome to check the wiki for omissions and inaccuracies. Read, criticize and come with suggestions, please & SVP!!

Thomas
Old 15-06-2010, 07:08   #3
Marine Service Provider

Thomas....

Thanks for picking this up. I hope we get lots of new contributions.

I know Will (Manimaul) is very otherwise occupied (dredging for gold in Alaska), so we might not get too much new graphic work done this cycle....

Thanks again
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 13:22   #4

The weather on the Bering blew us in today. I've contacted Jerry at Southbay... the server isn't allowing deleting, renaming or overwriting files right now. So, I can't update the images yet.

However, here are the svg source files:
http://matrixmariner.com/forum_attch...con_svg.tar.gz

And, the png rendered files:
http://matrixmariner.com/forum_attch...210_png.tar.gz

Will
Old 21-06-2010, 06:21   #5
Marine Service Provider

Cagney/Thomas....

How are we doing on the Wiki update? Are we able to take a usefule snapshot now? Will you do this, or show me how?

Thanks
Dave
Old 21-06-2010, 09:31   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Cagney/Thomas....

How are we doing on the Wiki update? Are we able to take a usefule snapshot now? Will you do this, or show me how?

Thanks
Dave
Dave

I have updated, or written new pieces for most subjects. What, is missing is an in depth description of vectorcharts and the available settings. Apart from this, I think a snapshot is useful.

A snapshot is simply the "Printer-friendly version" available here. Just save the page on your local computer.
This is not ideal. All the content is there, on one big page, but the links goes back to the "org" site.

A better way for a snapshot, would be to individually save each page in a directory, and then with a script swap all external linking to a local file structure, so the documentation becomes internally linked, as far as possible. This directory could then be zipped and delivered to the user with proper instructions where to install it. I don't think this will happen for this release.
I'm sure there are other ideas out there. What is your take on this manimaul?

Thomas
Old 22-06-2010, 01:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Dave

A snapshot is simply the "Printer-friendly version" available here. Just save the page on your local computer.
This is not ideal. All the content is there, on one big page, but the links goes back to the "org" site.

A better way for a snapshot, would be to individually save each page in a directory, and then with a script swap all external linking to a local file structure, so the documentation becomes internally linked, as far as possible.

I'm sure there are other ideas out there. What is your take on this manimaul?

Thomas
Still working 6am 'till Midnight up here in Nome, so my responses will not be very frequent. Anyhow, you are right about the documentation export needing to be statically linked. For now, I can do this by hand like the 1.3.6 snapshot. I'll look into coding future exports to have this happen automatically.
For now, just shoot me a msg when you are ready for me to whip up a 2.1.0 snapshot.

Will
Old 22-06-2010, 08:23   #8
Marine Service Provider

Will...

We are ready for a 2.1.0 snapshot now. But you must sleep sometime.....
I'll try not to wish for bad weather up there......

Thanks for everything
Dave