Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2016, 19:26   #1

UN-Hide Charts?

Hi! I was poking around and "hid" a couple of charts in quilting mode. Now I see a red X on them in quilting mode. If i click on them i can see them in single chart mode, but they remain hidden in Quilting mode. I can't seem to figure out how to get them un-hidden. I have looked through the documentation without success.

Also - less important - If I tap on a chart in the chart bar once, after starting opencpn, all the chart buttons turn black or have a black outline, instead of green and blue, etc..

I am running OpenCPN on several devices, but these problems I'm having are on an ASUS Transformer Windows 8.1 tablet. OpenCPN 4.4.0, just updated from 4.0.0 last week.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Come see our latest projects at The Yacht Barn!
ac0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 20:34   #2

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: UN-Hide Charts?

Quote:
Hi! I was poking around and "hid" a couple of charts in quilting mode. Now I see a red X on them in quilting mode. If i click on them i can see them in single chart mode, but they remain hidden in Quilting mode. I can't seem to figure out how to get them un-hidden. I have looked through the documentation without success.
opencpn.org > User Manual. OpenCPN User Manual | Official OpenCPN Homepage
search on quilting and read the eloquent explanation, then ask any questions please.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 21:13   #3

rgleason,

Thank you for your eloquent reply. I'm sorry that I neglected to specify that I had, in fact, Read The Fancy Manual. I assure you I would not have asked before doing that first.

That said - here is what I found, and how I ended up adding them back, for any who may be interested:

1) The manual says
Quote:
Right clicking on any chart in a quilt in the chart-bar and clicking "Hide This Chart" on the pop up menu, removes the chart from the quilt. The chart button in the Status bar changes to . The same thing can be achieved through the right-click menu when clicking on a displayed chart.

To activate the chart again right click this button an then click "Add this chart to quilt"
I believe I mentioned I was using a windows tablet. As such, I had "enable Touchscreen Interface" and "Enable Scaled Graphics interface", well, enabled. The way I hid the charts was long-press, and in the pop up menu, choose "Hide This Chart". However, no amount of gesturing, long pressing, tap, double tab, swiping, or what-have-you would bring up anything that said "Add this chart to quilt". UNTIL:

2) I plugged a mouse in, disabled Touchscreen interface and Scaled Graphics interface. THEN, I found that when I right-clicked on a chart bar button with a red X, it said "show this chart" (unlike what the manual says).

So, I figured it out, and hopefully this will help someone else who has this trouble, and hopefully it will help those who are updating the documentation.

The next time I ask a question, I will be sure to specify that I RTFM first.

Come see our latest projects at The Yacht Barn!
ac0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 04:19   #4

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Arthur, thank you for the detailed solution. Perhaps we should be adding this to the documentation?

but I think the Tablet version needs some interface improvements so the mouse is unnecessary.

Do you have any thoughts about that that could be posted on tracker?
Sorry, about my suggestion, yes you did say you were using a tablet. I did not know you''d read the manual.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 06:23   #5

Boat: Dufour 35

ac0rn

When you read the manual....did you notice this page?
Touch Screen Tablets | Official OpenCPN Homepage

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts