Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2016, 14:09   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Unhappy Trouble installing

I am not sure if this is the right place for this:After downloading the opencpn_4.4.0 set up I click to install and I get an error message that reads:
"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author to obtain a new copy.
More information at; http;//nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error"
I have done as directed and disabled my antivirus and I have attempted this 4 times deleting the download and re downloading with no affect please help I am running Windows 7 64bit.
__________________

__________________
mrkwmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 14:34   #2
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 570
Re: Trouble installing

seems like your downloaded installer file is corrupted.

the SHA256 sum of the downloaded install file should read: fe2711422821589855c122489686072bcf0eccb8bc9efbf734 6c3c539e5a42ff

Download and install a hash tool to check the downloaded file:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/qui...2.zip/download



Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkwmichaels View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place for this:After downloading the opencpn_4.4.0 set up I click to install and I get an error message that reads:
"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact installer's author to obtain a new copy.
More information at; http;//nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error"
I have done as directed and disabled my antivirus and I have attempted this 4 times deleting the download and re downloading with no affect please help I am running Windows 7 64bit.
__________________

__________________
petter5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 14:43   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Trouble installing

Quote:
Originally Posted by petter5 View Post
the SHA256 sum of the downloaded install file should read: fe2711422821589855c122489686072bcf0eccb8bc9efbf734 6c3c539e5a42ff]
Where do I go to see the sum of the downloaded file? i am not the most savy at open source, I can use a computer and for the most part make it do what I want.
__________________
mrkwmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 14:48   #4
Marine Service Provider

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 570
Re: Trouble installing

It seems that you have a corrupted download , witch might be caused by many different things, therefor I suggest to check the downloaded file. See youtube video:

https://youtu.be/4aky5N6qpko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkwmichaels View Post
Where do I go to see the sum of the downloaded file? i am not the most savy at open source, I can use a computer and for the most part make it do what I want.
__________________
petter5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 21:03   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Unhappy Re: Trouble installing

i don't have any idea what "hashing" is or how it can help me install opencpn, I'm sorry but I really am not all that savy with that kind of thing, I can install programs and run them but not able to do any type of programming .
__________________
mrkwmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:13   #6
bcn
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Location: underway whenever possible
Boat: Rangeboat 39
Posts: 2,746
Re: Trouble installing

As Petter said, this looks like a corrupt download.

And the easiest solution and first thing to try is just a second download.
The official site is this one:
http://opencpn.navnux.org/4.4.0/opencpn_4.4.0_setup.exe
__________________
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:31   #7
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 9,179
Re: Trouble installing

Mrkmicheals, hash code is a way to determine if the program file downloaded is exactly the same as the original. Checking the hash of the downloaded file actually requires a small program. The video below probably shows this.

What network service are you using? One to your home I hope?
Perhaps try using a friend's or family member to avoid this problem?
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:34   #8
Registered User
 
rgleason's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Posts: 9,179
Re: Trouble installing

BTW when using Norton sometimes after I've compiled my own version of O, Norton will try to quarentine it because it is an "unknown" program. I have to override that because Norton has gotten too agressive IMHO.
Happens with plugins too.
__________________
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 00:00   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Trouble installing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
As Petter said, this looks like a corrupt download.

And the easiest solution and first thing to try is just a second download.
The official site is this one:
http://opencpn.navnux.org/4.4.0/opencpn_4.4.0_setup.exe
Thank you all for your help I tried 2 more times to download it from this link and it finally worked, I have been downloading charts and checking routs for my moose hunt next year and planning fishing trips and so far this is working better then expected.
__________________

__________________
mrkwmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble Installing (and Running) OpenCPN jdoutt OpenCPN 2 17-02-2011 16:40
Trouble Installing OpenCPN 555051 OpenCPN 1 03-02-2011 20:46
Trouble Finding A Leak Cruise Diver Monohull Sailboats 13 25-09-2005 05:19
Eye trouble irwinsailor Health, Safety & Related Gear 2 04-05-2004 14:41



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.