On board the laptop
is connected via a multiplexer
with the plotter. I started to think that maybe the multiplexer could be responsible for the problems with the sending of nmea
sentences to the plotter. So, in the meantime, at home I bought a simple usb to serial
The results are that version 4.0.0. and 4.4.2. are both giving good results
(pictures 1 and 2 consecutively)
. Although the way the RTE sentences are differently written the routes are received and displayed correct by the plotter (see picture plotter screen)
. I have send the routes repeatedly with the same correct results. I even created a route
with 20 waypoints in OCPN and the plotter displayed this correct.
However the 4.4.0 version is still not able to do the same. Although the sentences are received in the same order every time (see last NMEA picture)
only the waypoints are visible (in the correct order) on the plotter screen
but not the route.
I made a copy of the plotter manual about the connection of the plotter with a computer. Maybe it gives some information about the way the plotter is handling the nmea sentences.
So I think the multiplexer is the culprit apart from the difficulty with version 4.4.0