Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2012, 20:15   #1

Toolbar Buttons / Toolbox Format

I heard great things about OpenCPN and downloaded it to my laptop earlier today. However, my set up has gone less than perfect - The toolbar shown in the on-line user manual has 18 icons, and my toolbar that was downloaded to my PC only has 15 icons. But the real problem is the ToolBox on my program. It is totally different than the one described in the manual. I find that I cannot load charts into my program because the instructions in the OpenCPN manual describe and show tabs and buttons that do not exist in my ToolBox. For example, according to the manual, when you open the ToolBox you should see icon tabs, like a computer monitor, a connection cable, a chart, etc for display, connections, and charts. However, my ToolBox only has 5 tabs that are just descriptions, like an Excel spreadsheet. So I cannot follow the directions given in the users manual to set up my program because the tabs and the buttons in the program don't exist!!! I downloaded the program right from the main OpenCPN page - it is Version 3.0.2 Build 2012-07-07. Can someone help me with this situation? Thank you very much.
Gregg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 21:21   #2

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Toolbar Buttons / Toolbox Format

The online version describes the upcoming version, which is clearly state in the beginning of the documentation.

Click the blue "?" and then the Help tab and you will access the documentation, that is included in the install.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote