Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24   #31

Boat: Fantasia 35
Re: Swedish Style Charts for Upcoming Release 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
Neither! It's just a recompile of 3.0 with a hack to convert aa ae oe to åäö in CM93 charts.
/j
So there are now two opencpn.exe filess with version labels of 3.0.0 available. Isn't that considered a no-no? Shouldn't changes to OpenCPN be coordinated with Dave?

Viking Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:08   #32

Boat: Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Sailor View Post
So there are now two opencpn.exe filess with version labels of 3.0.0 available. Isn't that considered a no-no? Shouldn't changes to OpenCPN be coordinated with Dave?
This is not a change to any official release. It's just me being nice to those who want Swedish characters, but don't have the know-how or energy to set up their own build environment. Is that a problem to you?
/j
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:17   #33

Boat: Fantasia 35

Quote:
This is not a change to any official release. It's just me being nice to those who want Swedish characters, but don't have the know-how or energy to set up their own build environment. Is that a problem to you?
/j
Jasper,

Not a problem for me. I think it is great that you are a nice guy for providing this feature. And, what's done is done. I just wanted to bring to your attention that if developers start adding features to mainline code and Dave later rejects these changes feelings could get hurt. Also, users might not like losing their favorite custom features when upgrading because these features are part of the release code base.

Anyway, enough said.

Best regards,

Viking Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05   #34

Boat: Najad391

Quote:
For those of you who are on Windows, I have a build of 3.0 with the åäö patch at http://journeyman.se/opencpn/opencpn.zip. It is just the new opencpn.exe file, you should rename you old .exe to some backup name, and install this one instead.

/j
Thank you very much, work like a charm
BR
Jan
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:24   #35

Boat: Maxi 909 - Adalanta

Quote:
For those of you who are on Windows, I have a build of 3.0 with the åäö patch at http://journeyman.se/opencpn/opencpn.zip. It is just the new opencpn.exe file, you should rename you old .exe to some backup name, and install this one instead.

/j
Just did it and it works in most places..
On some places I get the names twice, with å,ä,ö and with aa,ae,o. On other places it is not transladted into å, ä, ö.

BR

Sven
b_syrsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21   #36

Boat: On the Hard

OPCN on Ubuntu 12.04 cm93 vs2 2011....works fine. Make it look really nice. The only change I noticed is that at level 3 detail it takes longer to render with OpenGL turned on. Have not tested it with OpenGL turned off.

I forget but is there a way to click on the panel to have the detail slider appear on the screen. It used to work that way....but cant seem to find the right combination of mouse clicks to bring it up in 3.0

Best regards and many thanks

/ch
sailias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_syrsa View Post
Just did it and it works in most places..
On some places I get the names twice, with å,ä,ö and with aa,ae,o. On other places it is not transladted into å, ä, ö.
Only "_texto" objects are converted in this patch. OBJNAM labels for example are not. That is why this is happening.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailias View Post
OPCN on Ubuntu 12.04 cm93 vs2 2011....works fine. Make it look really nice. The only change I noticed is that at level 3 detail it takes longer to render with OpenGL turned on. Have not tested it with OpenGL turned off.

I forget but is there a way to click on the panel to have the detail slider appear on the screen. It used to work that way....but cant seem to find the right combination of mouse clicks to bring it up in 3.0
There is no way that the change of config files can impact performance. Must be an illusion or caused by something else.

Not sure about the detail slider, it has been moving around a bit in previous releases...
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46   #39

Boat: Dufour 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailias View Post

/ch
It comes up in the right-click menu if you are in single mode.
So, try F9 + rightclick->"Enable CM93 detail slider"

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 06:28   #40

Boat: On the Hard

Wow thats pretty slick...even brings up the CM93 chart outlines....so many cool features. Guess Im going to have to read the manual at one point. Thanks Thomas. All is good.

/ch
sailias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 11:46   #41

@JesperWe
If I use your exe file to fix åäö. Then I can not change the size of my ownship in the ini-file.
//Jan
Old 13-06-2012, 12:51   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp391 View Post
@JesperWe
If I use your exe file to fix åäö. Then I can not change the size of my ownship in the ini-file.
//Jan
Does it work in the stock 3.0 exe? I have a hard time seeing the patch affecting that functionality...
Old 13-06-2012, 13:11   #43

Quote:
Does it work in the stock 3.0 exe? I have a hard time seeing the patch affecting that functionality...
If I use the original exe file then I can adjust the boat size with the extra lines under settings in the ini file, (Lines taken from the manual) but not in the "swedish" exe file and the size of the boat is a little to big
Old 13-06-2012, 13:36   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp391 View Post
If I use the original exe file then I can adjust the boat size with the extra lines under settings in the ini file, (Lines taken from the manual) but not in the "swedish" exe file and the size of the boat is a little to big
Sorry but I don't know what to say to that one. The change from 3.0 in the "swedish" exe is minimal. There is nothing in the patch that can have that effect. I am assuming of course that you are renaming the swedish .exe to opencpn.exe and not any other name?
Old 13-06-2012, 23:16   #45

Quote:
Sorry but I don't know what to say to that one. The change from 3.0 in the "swedish" exe is minimal. There is nothing in the patch that can have that effect. I am assuming of course that you are renaming the swedish .exe to opencpn.exe and not any other name?
Yes it is renamed, will try on another computer. Thanks for now

Tags
charts