Well, I have tried the Beta software
Good and bad news:
1. The program ran. No incompatibility issues.
2. The XML file seems to me still inaccessible. It is in an writable folder where I have moved it according to a.m. advice. I have even amended the data in the file with a file editor. However, the calculation runs with a basic data set which (so it seems to me) resides elsewhere.
e.g. - the setup file comes with a mono boat
with 400 sq.ft sails
I have amended the file to boat
type <2> and 800 sq.ft sails
. Directed the configuration to this amended file and got results based on boat type <1> and 400 sq.ft sails.
These also are the parameters when I open the file for edit, when directed to my already amended file.
3. The route
does not show on the map. I do see the various statistics and route
characteristics through the commands of the WR window, but the isochrones and route are not to be seen.