worked faultlessly for several years in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (long term stable), very happy with it, so made big investment in s63 charts
- Then did routine bare metal upgrade of o/s on same computer to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (newest long term stable)
- Did a new install via .ppa of Opencpn
4.4.0 build 2016.5.31, s63 plugin 1.4 ; went off without error, drama
- made no changes to vanilla install
- used chartloader to bring in all US s57 charts
. All fine and usable.
- s63: first obtained new permits, installed them - both 'test ok'
imported all my s63 charts, updated cell permits, scan & rebuild
- verified chart files physically in place
- when exit & re-enter opencpn, all charts are there in outline, s57 and s63
- only the s57 functions; zoom in on the s63 outline and there is no response, no detail, blank
- only one error message in log:
08:48:51 BST: Chart cache purge
08:48:51 BST: Initializing Chart /home/jules/.opencpn/s63/s63charts/49/9C301267.os63
08:48:51 BST: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart /home/jules/.opencpn/s63/s63charts/49/9C301267.os63... return code 2
08:48:52 BST: ***GPS Watchdog timeout at Lat:46.3751 Lon: -8.5318
08:48:52 BST: Initializing Chart /home/jules/.opencpn/s63/s63charts/49/9C301267.os63
08:48:52 BST: OpenChartFromStack...Error opening chart /home/jules/.opencpn/s63/s63charts/49/9C301267.os63... return code 2
- scanned/rebuilt database (=no change)
- re-installing the s63 charts (=no change)
- re-installed completely opencpn (=no change)
- shrieked (=brought wife running)
Is there anything....?