Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2014, 16:15   #61
Marine Service Provider

Re: S-63 plug-in for OpenCPN

Hi testers...

1. Windows users having trouble with the installer:

a. More info regarding your exact configuration/setup would be useful.
b. Meanwhile, just be sure that the entire s63_pi directory (containing two files) is in the Plugin directory of your currently running OCPN 3.3.1303.

2. 64 bit linux users: We will build and upload a 64 bit version shortly. I have limited access to 64 bit hardware....

Good luck
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 19:22   #62

Boat: Valiant Esprit 37

Hi Dave!

I might be jumping the gun here, but I have a number of s-63 charts purchased through Chartworld and a userpermit for Polar Navy. Any instructions on how to get a userpermit number for OpenCPN and test using my own charts?
reflectionsv37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 20:49   #63

Good first test!!

I entered the userpermit number using the "New Userpermit" button as no dialog was requesting the user permit number. Then proceeded to import the permit.txt file as recommened. Everything appeared to load correctly and no obvious error messages were shown in the log file.

Then zoomed out to see if there were charts present and found charts in the Caribbean and England. Started to zoom in on a chart near England and OpenCPN crashed. OpenCPN wanted to send an error file which I did.

Restarted OpenCPN and went to Jamaica. Started to zoom and s63-pi log window appeared with this text:

S63_pi backchannel could not listen at the specified port !
0: Error: eSENC Key not read.
1: Error: eSENC decrypt failed.
2: Warning: Retry eSENC.
3:
4:
5: Error executing cmd: "C:\Program Files\OpenCPN\plugins\s63_pi\OCPNsenc.exe" -c -i "C:\S63 OpenCPN Test Charts\IHO S-64 [S-63 TDS v1.2]\8 Data Exchange Media\Test 8b\M01X01\B2\ENC_ROOT\GB\GB281600\1\0\GB281600.000 " -o "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\opencpn\S63SENC\GB281600.es57" -p GB2816002012123105A099B0BF53EC5805A099B0BF53EC58D2 B3BF99C67ED7F5,0,,GB, -u 66B5CBFDF7E4139D5B6086C23130 -b 49500 -r "C:\Program Files\OpenCPN\s57data"
OCPNsenc: Error...Another instance of the program is running, exiting.

I stopped the OCPNsenc process and restarted OpenCPN.

Zoomed again to the Jaimaca chart and the chart appeared. The S63-pi log window reappeared with the following text:

S63_pi backchannel server listening.
0:
1: OCPNsenc: Executing...
2: OCPNsenc: Building eSENC...
3: OCPNsenc: Cell decrypted OK.
4: OCPNsenc: Cell decompressed OK.
Object 1920/1913 197:
198: OCPNsenc: eSENC built OK: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\opencpn\S63SENC\GB281600.es57
199: OCPNsenc: Exit.

I moved the chart around some and then tried to zoom in/out on the chart. More dialog was added to the s63-pi-log window:

200:
201: OCPN Senc: Executing
202: OCPN Senc: Building eSENC
203: OCPN Senc: Cell Dycrypted Ok.
204: OCPN Senc: Cell Decompressed OK.
Object 2140/3028

At this point OpenCPN hangs. But I made it far enough to see the chart!!!

Let me know if I can help?

Gene

Forgot to mention: Still using Windows XP on desktop computer.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:29   #64
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflectionsv37 View Post
Hi Dave!

I might be jumping the gun here, but I have a number of s-63 charts purchased through Chartworld and a userpermit for Polar Navy. Any instructions on how to get a userpermit number for OpenCPN and test using my own charts?
Hi Gene,

I'm afraid, but it will not be possible to use your already existing S-63 charts for OpenCPN:
The standard defines that a cell permit/chart is issued for for ONE SYSTEM. This can be a stand-alone chartplotter or a combination PC/Software.
In this context a PolarNavy/YourPC combo is a different system from OpenCPN/YourPC and hence the cell permits are not interchangeable.

We are not able to decrypt the cell permits of PolarNavy (or MaxSea) in order to use charts issued for those manufacturers or OEMs.

We are preparing to issue UserPermits for OpenCPN at our o-charts.org site quite soon. This will allow for purchasing charts/cells from the VARs/ChartResellers as ChartWorld.
You might have a look at this document for some additional explanations:
http://o-charts.org/downloads/S-63_p..._explained.pdf

How to get prices right for all of us once the S-63 stuff is working will be a different story.

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 01:32   #65

Boat: Van der Stadt Samoa 48

Does this mean that you will have to buy two licenses if you have a packup-PC.

Regards, Lars
Taarnskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 01:33   #66
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:

Let me know if I can help?

Gene

Forgot to mention: Still using Windows XP on desktop computer.
Which XP? We know about issues with old XP Home.

It might be helpful to get a fingerprint from your Windows PC:
http://o-charts.org/downloads/f_pr_W.exe

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 01:42   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarnskov View Post
Does this mean that you will have to buy two licenses if you have a packup-PC.

Regards, Lars
Lars,

the issue of a second licence/userpermit for a backup PC or how to help if the PC is changed that much that it is considered as a different system are points we want to give a solution.

The intention is to have this possiblity and at this moment it looks likely that we will achieve it.

There are two open ends:
- the technical solution (this in our hands)
- the charts resellers

Will keep you informed
o-charts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 01:54   #68

That's interesting. I have the charts I purchased through Polar Navy from Chartworld running on 2 computers and I didn't have to pay anything extra to get that. It's been quite a while ago so I can't recalll the details, but I think the charts from Chartworld could be used on 3 computers as could the Polar Navy Software.

I'll do some research to see how I was able to do that but I thnk the information was obtained from Polar Navy FAQ's or their forum. I'll post another message when I figure out which steps I took to do it.

And I'm running Windows XP Media Edition which I believe is basically XP Professional.
Old 15-01-2014, 02:36   #69

Quote:
That's interesting. I have the charts I purchased through Polar Navy from Chartworld running on 2 computers and I didn't have to pay anything extra to get that. It's been quite a while ago so I can't recalll the details, but I think the charts from Chartworld could be used on 3 computers as could the Polar Navy Software.

I'll do some research to see how I was able to do that but I thnk the information was obtained from Polar Navy FAQ's or their forum. I'll post another message when I figure out which steps I took to do it.
Yes, this is the case with PolarNavy (and others). That's why we are confident to find a similar solution as well. But this it not settled yet.

Quote:
And I'm running Windows XP Media Edition which I believe is basically XP Professional.
Anyhow, a fingerprint would come handy..
Old 15-01-2014, 02:40   #70

Here's some information that is returned from the Chartworld Screen when you attempt to "register" with Chartworld through Polar Navy. It clearly says you are able to use the Chartworld charts on multiple computers.

Important Information
- Users of PolarView trial version may register one computer per account.
- Users of activated PolarView version may register multiple computers per account.
- Any charts you order will be available for use only on registered computers.
- Once computer is registered, registration can not be changed, canceled or transfered to another computer.
- Purchased charts do not expire and can be used for as long as they remain installed on your computer.
- Time period reflects for how long you are able to download ordered charts and any chart updates. Once the time period is over, you will no longer be able to download these charts. A good backup is strongly recommended.
- You can not use account registed on ChartWorld website with PolarView online download. If you have an existing ChartWorld account, contact them directly to move it to this system or contact Polar Navy support for additional information.

Here is a link to an outdated FAQ for Polar Navy that discusses using Chartworld charts on multiple computers. They have now embedded routines to purchase charts directly within Polar Navy.
Buying and installing S63 charts from ChartWorld | Polar Navy Co

I just checked both computers that are running Polar Navy with the same S63 charts and both computers have the same Chartworld User ID and even more interesting, they have the same user permit number!

If I remember correctly, when I installed Polar Navy on the second computer, I had already copied over the S63 chart directory. I went to the chart page, clicked the register button and entered my Chartworld User ID and email address. I can't recall, but I may have also entered the User Permit number. I clicked register and then used the import charts function in Polar Navy and all the charts were accessible.

At this same time I had a friend I was trying to help get Polar Navy installed and purchase charts from Chartworld. We were doing it via email and he was confused and went to Chartworld's site and purchased charts directly from Chartworld. They wouldn't work in Polar Navy. He contacted Chartworld via email and they changed the registration of the charts so they worked with Polar Navy.

Perhaps Chartworld is more flexible with the implementation of the standard and is allowing multiple installations. I would assume, that if I contacted them, they could switch my charts from Polar Navy to OpenCPN, or would at least be receptive to that.

I don't have another computer available to try another installation of the Polar Navy and Chartworld charts. Maybe I can find someone who will let me attempt to install it on their computer.
Old 15-01-2014, 02:48   #71

Quote:

Perhaps Chartworld is more flexible with the implementation of the standard and is allowing multiple installations. I would assume, that if I contacted them, they could switch my charts from Polar Navy to OpenCPN, or would at least be receptive to that.
In theory a VAR/reseller can issue the permits for a migration (or re-issue the cell permits on base of a different UserPermit).

And as asking does not cost anything....
Old 15-01-2014, 03:01   #72

Just sent you the fingerprint fiile from my computer.

I'll happily email Chartworld to see if they can transfer my charts to OpenCPN.

I'm not sure how to deal with the OpenCPN side. If you can give me information on where I would enter my Chartworld User Id and current/new user permit number we can try it.

I'll send them an inquiry type email to ask if it is possible and see how they reply. We can move forward from there!
Old 15-01-2014, 03:04   #73

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello Dave,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Gilletarom....

Obviously some problem with the installer.

The installer looks into the registry to find the most recent OCPN full install, and uses that to establish the PlugIn install directory.

Can you tell us more about your OCPN directory structure? Old versions installed, locations, etc?

Thanks
Dave
Sorry for shooting too fast .... As Thomas said with humor, "speedy Gilletarom ---->

As for my PC, I too test with multiple versions of OpenCPN for it to be "clean". In opencpn_3.3.1303 record, he was there to install the 331303 but I replaced the file OpenCPN 331,303 opencpn3313031 a file provided by hakan in the context of optimization (Sean work) tests.
Just before reading your post I remove installations 3.2.2 and 3.3.1303 using your software "uninstall".

I'll reinstall with all the latest S63 plugin and I'll talk again later.

Best regards Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 03:09   #74

Quote:
Just sent you the fingerprint fiile from my computer.

I'll happily email Chartworld to see if they can transfer my charts to OpenCPN.

I'm not sure how to deal with the OpenCPN side. If you can give me information on where I would enter my Chartworld User Id and current/new user permit number we can try it.

I'll send them an inquiry type email to ask if it is possible and see how they reply. We can move forward from there!
Gene,

it's just the case that we can't deal with other UserPermits than our own for OpenCPN. So until we don't issue UserPermits from the shop our users will only be able to test with the S-64 test sets.

If you come to a solution with Chartworld we can have a look how to generate your OpenCPN UserPermit "out of order".
ChartWorld is able to generate sets for OpenCPN. And those work...

Renate
Old 15-01-2014, 03:31   #75

Great!

I'll get an email off to them and will post the response as soon as I receive it!

Gene

Tags
enc, opencpn, plug