Here's some information that is returned from the Chartworld Screen
when you attempt to "register" with Chartworld through Polar Navy. It clearly says you are able to use the Chartworld charts on multiple computers.
- Users of PolarView trial version may register one computer per account.
- Users of activated PolarView version may register multiple computers per account.
- Any charts you order will be available for use only on registered computers.
- Once computer is registered, registration
can not be changed, canceled or transfered to another computer.
- Purchased charts do not expire and can be used for as long as they remain installed on your computer.
- Time period reflects for how long you are able to download ordered charts and any chart updates. Once the time period is over, you will no longer be able to download these charts. A good backup is strongly recommended.
- You can not use account registed on ChartWorld website with PolarView online download. If you have an existing ChartWorld account, contact them directly to move it to this system or contact Polar Navy support for additional information.
Here is a link to an outdated FAQ for Polar Navy that discusses using Chartworld charts on multiple computers. They have now embedded routines to purchase
charts directly within Polar Navy.
Buying and installing S63 charts from ChartWorld | Polar Navy Co
I just checked both computers that are running Polar Navy with the same S63 charts and both computers have the same Chartworld User ID and even more interesting, they have the same user permit number!
If I remember correctly, when I installed Polar Navy on the second computer, I had already copied over the S63 chart directory. I went to the chart page, clicked the register button and entered my Chartworld User ID and email
address. I can't recall
, but I may have also entered the User Permit number. I clicked register and then used the import
charts function in Polar Navy and all the charts were accessible.
At this same time I had a friend I was trying to help get Polar Navy installed and purchase
charts from Chartworld. We were doing it via email
and he was confused and went to Chartworld's site and purchased charts directly from Chartworld. They wouldn't work in Polar Navy. He contacted Chartworld via email and they changed the registration
of the charts so they worked with Polar Navy.
Perhaps Chartworld is more flexible with the implementation of the standard and is allowing multiple installations. I would assume, that if I contacted them, they could switch my charts from Polar Navy to OpenCPN, or would at least be receptive to that.
I don't have another computer available to try another installation
of the Polar Navy and Chartworld charts. Maybe I can find someone who will let me attempt to install it on their computer.