Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2019, 18:21   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Route timing is off by 12 hours

I just created a route in opencpn 5.0 and checked the ETAs and every single waypoint is ETA is off by 12 hours except the first one.

I tried on mac and windows with exactly the same result.

Am I doing something wrong?
__________________

lordlefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 21:48   #2
Moo
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 307
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlefrog View Post
I just created a route in opencpn 5.0 and checked the ETAs and every single waypoint is ETA is off by 12 hours except the first one.

I tried on mac and windows with exactly the same result.

Am I doing something wrong?
Timezone issue? Where are you?
__________________

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 21:56   #3
Moderator
 
JPA Cate's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: aboard, cruising in Australia
Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Posts: 15,445
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Start using a 24 hr. clock for doing your work, this sounds like an am/pm mix-up.

Ann
__________________
Who scorns the calm has forgotten the storm.
JPA Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 09:34   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Start using a 24 hr. clock for doing your work, this sounds like an am/pm mix-up.

Ann
Thanks! That did fix it!
lordlefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 09:57   #5
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

.and what is this, tis speed, 63488. 60 times faster than speed of sound....



Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 10:12   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,072
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Erroneous user input, if you ask me without any further information.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 14:07   #7
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Erroneous user input, if you ask me without any further information.


Erroneous user input, yea, must be. definitely.....








Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 14:08   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,072
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

What are the pictures attached trying to describe?
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 14:26   #9
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
What are the pictures attached trying to describe?






Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 14:28   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,072
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

What are the pictures attached trying to describe?
I could obviously see their content without the arrows as well, but that tells me zero about how you managed to get it to that state and how to reproduce.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 14:57   #11
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
What are the pictures attached trying to describe?
I could obviously see their content without the arrows as well, but that tells me zero about how you managed to get it to that state and how to reproduce.


How I got to this "state". very simple, created route, when wonted to check route, clicked on properties and that is it, no need for nuclear scientist.

see, again....


Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 15:05   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,072
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruz View Post
How I got to this "state". very simple, created route, when wonted to check route, clicked on properties and that is it, no need for nuclear scientist.

see, again....


OK, can't reproduce, of course.

Your OS is Windows 10, right?
Locale settings?
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 15:40   #13
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
OK, can't reproduce, of course.

Your OS is Windows 10, right?
Locale settings?

windows 10

US measurement US









same with UK and measurement in metric








Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 15:58   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,072
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Still unable to reproduce. Anything interesting about your system?

Anybody else seeing this?
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 16:47   #15
cruiser

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 106
Re: Route timing is off by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Still unable to reproduce. Anything interesting about your system?

Anybody else seeing this?

Same system that I am using for the last few years. (windows 10 professional 64 bit) did not had problems or anything like this with previous OCPNs installed.
__________________

Gruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
route

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Injection Timing - What Factors Determine Timing? Wotname Engines and Propulsion Systems 39 22-08-2018 22:23
Vancouver to Auckland - Route / Timing? mattplowman Monohull Sailboats 8 24-01-2013 16:39
First Trip to Exumas - Route and Timing Advice gene80 Atlantic & the Caribbean 35 27-02-2012 00:52
Good timing, bad timing. Erik C Dollars & Cents 14 01-03-2008 08:10
Route Timing Bill Balme Europe & Mediterranean 7 03-10-2005 05:33



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.