Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 14-04-2015, 16:26   #1

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
RotationCtrl Plugin

I am trying to compile Sean's new RotationCtrl plugin which seems to still have some errors when compiling with current v4.1 of opencpn.lib.

This plugin is a reasonable solution to issues we were having with the options interface during the final hours of issuing version 4.0.

Bdcat resolved the issues by removing the option of rotating charts, which was a reasonable call at the time given that feature was not a high priority for many users.

However I believe it is a feature that could be very useful for some, provided it did does not confuse new users and logjam development.

To that end, Sean has made a RotationCtrl Plugin which was paired with an Opencpn pull request.

I have not been able to find Sean's pull request on github.com in either Sean's pull requests or under outstanding Opencpn repository pull requests (still learning). This leads me to believe that the pull request was merged but I have not found it yet.

1. Has Sean's pull request been merged with the current 4.1 Opencpn?
2. If so, I am getting this error when I compile rotationctrl with the current v4.1 opencpn.lib.

--It is possible I have overlooked something.

Code:
Build FAILED.

"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (3) ->
(Link target) ->
  rotationctrl_pi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall opencpn_plugin_113::OnToolbarToolDownCallback(int)" (?OnToolbarToolDownCallback@opencpn_plugin_113@@UAEXH@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  PreferencesDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall opencpn_plugin_113::OnToolbarToolDownCallback(int)" (?OnToolbarToolDownCallback@opencpn_plugin_113@@UAEXH@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  rotationctrl_pi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall opencpn_plugin_113::OnToolbarToolUpCallback(int)" (?OnToolbar
ToolUpCallback@opencpn_plugin_113@@UAEXH@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  PreferencesDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall opencpn_plugin_113::OnToolbarToolUpCallback(int)" (?OnToolb
arToolUpCallback@opencpn_plugin_113@@UAEXH@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  rotationctrl_pi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdeclSetCanvasRotation(double)" (?SetCanvasRotation@@YAXN@Z) referenced in function "
public: virtual void __thiscall rotationctrl_pi::OnToolbarToolCallback(int)" (?OnToolbarToolCallback@rotationctrl_pi@@UAEXH@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  rotationctrl_pi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool__cdeclGetSingleWaypoint(class wxString &,class PlugIn_Waypoint *)" (?GetSingleWaypoint@@YA_NAAVwxString@@PAVPlugIn_Waypoint@@@Z) referenced in function "public: void__thiscall rotationctrl_pi::OnTimer(class wxTimerEvent &)" (?OnTimer@rotationctrl_pi@@QAEXAAVwxTimerEvent@@@Z) [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]
  C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\Debug\rotationctrl_pi.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals [C:\Data-Dart\Up-Soft\Navigation\o-plugin\rotationctrl_pi\build\rotationctrl_pi.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    7 Error(s)
========

PS:
I just found Sean's pull request for Plugin API 1.13 here
https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/pull/242
initial functions for plugin api 1.13 #242

I guess it has not been merged yet.

Correction: Sean closed the pull request, and it appears to have been "commited".

Does anyone have any suggestion to compile this?
Old 18-04-2015, 07:12   #2

Boat: bristol 27
Re: RotationCtrl Plugin

I had to rebase because of more changes.. basically pull requests go stale once changes get commited that conflict with them before they are merged.

https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/pull/264

Otherwise you could just pull my opencpn repository and use that to test this plugin.

https://github.com/seandepagnier/OpenCPN

Tags
plug, rot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: