Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2019, 12:01   #46

Boat: Nauticat 32
Re: Raymarine radar plugin for OpenCPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Actually here under releases
https://github.com/rgleason/RMRadar_pi/releases

Does it work? Which Raymarine units. We have few reports.
Hi Rick,

Unfortunately, it does not. I have a Raymarine 4KW 18" HD Color Radome and a C125 MFD running it.

O5.0 "sees" the radome and figured out it was in "Standby," but that was as far as it went.
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 19:10   #47

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

This plugin is old. Pavel advised it was for he thought.

Quote:
RDxxxD, like RD424D, Ethernet.
And the analog ones, if you have the E80 plotter as well.

Source is here. https://github.com/ab2nkovs/RMRadar_pi

It is possible that the one change I made to get it building was wrong.
add ::bind line 187 & 231

but I think there are other things that have changed with wxwidgets, so maybe we should archive this code somehow? So people don't waste time on it.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 18:53   #48

Boat: Kristen 52

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello all. Mucho thanks for working on this.
I have RAYMARINE RD418HD and trying to get it to run on Windows 10, Opencpn 5.
I am able to get Opencpn to see radar, I can toggle standby/transmit. The info Box shows connection, The main view indicates radar not transmitting. If I toggle to standby, main view shows standby.
I’m not that computer savvy, couldn’t even get screenshot transferred to other computer, so took photo of screen
Hope you can see it.
Download is rmradar_pi-2.1-win32
Cheers,
Chuck
Old 03-04-2020, 16:04   #49

Hi,
Now I finally managed to get the RMRadar_PI beta 2.001 working on OpenCPN 4.8 Win10, to communicate with my Ramarine MFD E120+radar. I had some unsuccesful attempts in the boat last year and now I had brought the slave repeater (second E120) home for testing and used in in simulator mode (more on that later). I tried with direct ethernet connection between PC and MFD E120 with both straight ethernet patch cable and cross-coupled but no success. Tested communication with Wireshark.
Then I brought the PC to the boat and connected the ethernet patch cable to the Raymarine High Speed, HS Switch, and then it could read the radar was present but not transmitting. When I set the Ethernet adaptor to the same IP as the radar+one on the last digit it also read the radar was transmitting, and it was also possible to get full control of the radar settings!!!
I tried with my very modest coding experience to build the RMRadar_PI with the new WXwidgets to run under OpenCPN5.0 following your guidelines and the general developers guidelines on the wiki, and after many attempts managed to build it but couldnt compile it into an executable (sorry my ignorance .
The goal would be to be able to build this plugin for OpenCPN5 under RasperryPI (openplotter 2 actually).
Hakan, I live on the same island as you, maybe we could talk about discussing the possibility to join efforts here. I have the hardware to test but not the skills to do the coding. Please give me a call, you can find me in the eniro phonebook my name is M Hassellöv, Svanesund, local nr 44843.
Cheers
Martin
Cap_Hassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 18:09   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_Hassel View Post
Hi,
Now I finally managed to get the RMRadar_PI beta 2.001 working on OpenCPN 4.8 Win10, to communicate with my Ramarine MFD E120+radar. I had some unsuccesful attempts in the boat last year and now I had brought the slave repeater (second E120) home for testing and used in in simulator mode (more on that later). I tried with direct ethernet connection between PC and MFD E120 with both straight ethernet patch cable and cross-coupled but no success. Tested communication with Wireshark.
Then I brought the PC to the boat and connected the ethernet patch cable to the Raymarine High Speed, HS Switch, and then it could read the radar was present but not transmitting. When I set the Ethernet adaptor to the same IP as the radar+one on the last digit it also read the radar was transmitting, and it was also possible to get full control of the radar settings!!!
I tried with my very modest coding experience to build the RMRadar_PI with the new WXwidgets to run under OpenCPN5.0 following your guidelines and the general developers guidelines on the wiki, and after many attempts managed to build it but couldnt compile it into an executable (sorry my ignorance .
The goal would be to be able to build this plugin for OpenCPN5 under RasperryPI (openplotter 2 actually).
Hakan, I live on the same island as you, maybe we could talk about discussing the possibility to join efforts here. I have the hardware to test but not the skills to do the coding. Please give me a call, you can find me in the eniro phonebook my name is M Hassellöv, Svanesund, local nr 44843.
Cheers
Martin

Is there a github repository for this? I’d give it a try.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:51   #51

Hi,
I used this latest beta release from rgleason:
https://github.com/rgleason/RMRadar_...tag/2.1001beta
Cap_Hassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:13   #52

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Subbed
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 10:43   #53

Raymarine radar plugin for OpenCPN

Quote:
Hi,

Yeah, that was abandoned a while ago. No one is working on it since the new Radar_pi was introduced. And Raymarine isn’t included in it’s development, so those of us who don’t have any programming ability (or time or both) aren’t able to help develop it with our existing RM systems.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:33   #54

Boat: Najad 34

For info...
We've successfully built the RMradar_pi linked above and it's also tested positive on a Raymarine E-series. There's now a ongoing attempt to include applicable code from RMradar to radar_pi. When this is ready for test we may need help from more testers.
Please stand by for further info in the radar_pi thread.
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 11:57   #55

Boat: Riva 48

Awesome. I now have access to E80 and to an Axiom with the new Quantum II radar you test. Thank you guys for picking this up.

SV Pizzazz
Pizzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:00   #56

Boat: Najad 34

Pizzazz..
Did you test the RMradar_pi on your RM system? Was it working?
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:11   #57

Boat: Riva 48

The RMradar_pi worked fine on the E80 connected to an analog radar. I had to make two changes to the code, adding some proper variable addressing :: somewhere and also changing some of the headers to compile under Windows. It worked fine with an older version of the radar plugin, before you changed the structure to split it into more files for easier maintenance. Both display and control worked fine, the plugin would sometimes crush on exit.

The Quantum II is on my neighbors boat and I connect to it via WiFi. I have not tested with the old plugin. At this point if I were to go back to testing the old plugin I need to install Open CPN v4.2 and the respective plugins, Shark, etc. Whatever you need me to test, let me know. I can confirm that the control codes in the original plugin work with the E80.

Also (if that helps) at some point I had connected an E80 with an analog radar, Open CPN and a more recent Raymarine a65. Even though Raymarine says the two are not compatible, once I started controlling the radar with the plugin, I say the radar picture also on the a65. Thus, I can confirm that up to Lighthouse II, Raymarine uses the same display routines and control codes. May be also for Lighthouse III.

SV Pizzazz
Pizzazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 13:10   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
For info...
We've successfully built the RMradar_pi linked above and it's also tested positive on a Raymarine E-series. There's now a ongoing attempt to include applicable code from RMradar to radar_pi. When this is ready for test we may need help from more testers.
Please stand by for further info in the radar_pi thread.
Håkan
Fantastic News! Thanks for the efforts at bringing this up to speed with the rest of Radar_pi!

For the record, I have a C125 controlling a older RD418HD Digital Radome. I run O5 on a Mac Mini with OSX Catalina. I'm happy to test out whatever I can!

Steve
Old 20-05-2020, 13:45   #59

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Cap, this build is using wxWidgets 3.1.2 so it should work with Opencpn v5.0, but apparently you have not had much success. Sorry, I found the plugin and gave a try at updating it. I think it would be better to focus on radar_pi and getting that working with raymarine radars.

Perhaps I should remove this? Will do so if that is the general consensus.

Quote:
Hi,
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2020, 08:23   #60

Boat: Ovni 385

Support for Raymarine radar.

I am currently working on the integration of the RMradar_pi into radar_pi. Supported Raymarine radars are the analog radars working through an Raymarine C/E Series Classic display (plotter). When finished, all features of radar_pi such as true motion images, true and relative trails, separate dockable radar window and full 100 target ARPA and MARPA will be available to users of these radars. In the current stage of development some hands-on testing would facilitate the development. Is there someone that could make such a radar temporarily available for this development? Or provide me access to his radar for testing in the Netherlands?

Douwe Fokkema
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, marine, opencpn, plug, radar, raymarine