Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2016, 12:05   #31

Re: Raster Charts BSB3 Sweden and Finland

Thank's for giving hope Hakan.
I think I found the trouble about the installer...paid 895kr for cdf10 which is a CD and got RegKey for it.
Got a download link for cdf10r (notice r at the end)(695kr)...and tried to install from downloaded file. I have informed Göran about this incident today...hope he reads english good..I tried to write this in swedish but gave up..my swedish ain't that good.
Cheers, uffek
uffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2016, 12:18   #32

Boat: Najad 34

uffek..
First time I downloaded the bsb charts from Soltek I found it difficult to find the correct place. Your files to download for reg key CDF10 is found here:
Rastersjökort (soltek.se/rastersjokort/inloggad.html)
Scroll further down to Sjökort Finland 2016 and your charts CDF10 and download that one. If it's not the file you've got it could be worth a try. Downloading is free, you pay for the reg key.
Good luck/ Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 00:20   #33

The Soltek's website is not so clear when visiting first time.
I accidentally paid for CD and got RegKey for CD and that's why the RegKey is not working for downloaded file CDF10...what a mess..my mistake.
Let's wait for Göran's answer how to sort this out.
Cheers uffek
Old 18-07-2016, 21:23   #34

Hi I was so wrong about soltek's charts being bsb4... they are bsb3 format and fully functional with opencpn on ubuntu linux. Even the windows installer was running fine with wine and maps extracted to desired location. Trouble was the RegKey...Göran sent me another one which works like a charm. Cheers, Markus
Old 29-10-2017, 12:43   #35

roxlocal..
It's somewhat "tricky" to find the correct menus but I once tried to describe a "how to". http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1792777
I know the site is in Swedish only but it may be there will be a change for OpenCPN users in the future but meanwhile soltek.se is way for us. Make a try. If you need do come back for support and I'll do my best.
Håkan
Old 29-10-2017, 12:54   #36

Boat: Gib'Sea 402

Håkan, you shouldn't bother. As CarCode posted on another thread
Quote:
He wants money for it, see here:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2508349

That is why he is posting here.
hoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 13:07   #37

hoolie..
OK - But soltek.se still offers raster charts for Sweden. They are not for free but around 100€ for all official charts. Since not in the US we've to pay and this site is the one I use to visit. It may be others are interested as well and my old info is still there.
Håkan
Old 29-10-2017, 13:34   #38

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
hoolie..
OK - But soltek.se still offers raster charts for Sweden. They are not for free but around 100€ for all official charts. Since not in the US we've to pay and this site is the one I use to visit. It may be others are interested as well and my old info is still there.
Håkan
I'm interested in this -- I've been sailing these waters for the last 4 years, and am not very happy with the cartography I have for the extraordinarily complex waters of Eastern Sweden and the Gulf of Finland.

I wish someone would imitate Visitmyharbour and publish official raster charts of large areas for affordable prices. The usual system of distribution of charts is simply unaffordable for the careful, long-distance recreational sailor.

I always have up-to-date (updated weekly) Navionics charts in my main navigation system, but I use OpenCPN on the big screen for passage planning and really fine work, and besides that, the Navionics charts are of variable quality and extremely poor for some places. When VMH runs out on the border between the Netherlands and Germany, I have to use CM93 charts, which are hardly worse than my expensive Navionics ones, but that's not saying much. I have NV Charts raster charts for Denmark and Western Sweden and part of Germany, but I haven't found anything feasible for Eastern Sweden and points East of there. If I were to buy all the NV Chart packs to cover those places I would spend over 1000 euros and 500 euros a year to keep up to date.

I understand some Swedish, but have not been able to find "all the official charts" for 100 euros on the soltek.se site. I would do that in a heartbeat. I only found individual charts for 100 SEK each, which adds up quickly. Grateful for any tips.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 13:57   #39
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

The Baltic waters are one priority for providing charts at reasonable costs.
Investigating and talking.

Very difficult due to the conditions the Hydrographic Offices are imposing.
Denmark is revising their offerings these days but don't expect miracles.

Sweden is favoring big players with very high upfront and fixed costs for the relatively small number of sailors. Plus impressive royalties. Explanation for the price stickers you found.

Norway is giving us hope that something is moving in the field.

One alternative option, which you will most probably like, are raster charts of these waters.
The drawback are update frequencies. Yearly in most cases.
And some more infrastructure in OpenCPN will be required to make this work.

After the sailing season in Northern Europe (now) is before the sailing season (2018), so we have some leeway here.

In the Med still sailing ...

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 14:03   #40

Dockhead..
Follow my "how to" link above and see if you can find your way though the Swedish menus. What you should find is "Registernyckel sjökort Sverige CDSV" (= Registry key for Swedish see charts CDSV) The CDSV is the key for the file set containing all official charts for Sweden. Including inland canals. If you buy that and via the link on the same page download the "CDSV Hela Svenska kusten samt insjöarna, Dalslands, Strömsholms och Göta kanal 358 MB"

And as said: The web page has no direct link to each page so you've to find the way through the "complex?" menu system. Google translate may be your friend. If in trouble I'll to help you.

Swedish is not that complicated - or??
Håkan
Old 29-10-2017, 14:10   #41

Hubert..
No, we up here don't want to hear about the Med temperatures, thanks. Here's not even below zero yet, as much as 4 degr.C actually. I'm planning for a short trip tomorrow. And yes, my heater system works fine.
Håkan
Old 29-10-2017, 14:17   #42
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Håkan,

our Webasto will be revised and tested on Tuesday. Cold feet and buts are not welcome.

Hubert
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 14:36   #43

My sympathy! Your forecast is like a normal Swedish summer. Yes, you better trim your heater.
Old 29-10-2017, 14:46   #44

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Dockhead..
Follow my "how to" link above and see if you can find your way though the Swedish menus. What you should find is "Registernyckel sjökort Sverige CDSV" (= Registry key for Swedish see charts CDSV) The CDSV is the key for the file set containing all official charts for Sweden. Including inland canals. If you buy that and via the link on the same page download the "CDSV Hela Svenska kusten samt insjöarna, Dalslands, Strömsholms och Göta kanal 358 MB"

And as said: The web page has no direct link to each page so you've to find the way through the "complex?" menu system. Google translate may be your friend. If in trouble I'll to help you.

Swedish is not that complicated - or??
Håkan
I understand Swedish somewhat -- I speak German fluently.

I'll try to figure it out. But in short -- all official charts for about 1000 SEK? Is that the deal? That's more or less reasonable -- I would do that.

How about the Gulf of Finland and the Archipelago Sea?
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 15:03   #45

https://www.liikennevirasto.fi/web/e...a#.WfZPzPPkuaM
teppokurki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bsb, charts, Finland, Sweden, sweden, finland