Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2019, 09:16   #91

Boat: Ovni 385
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas29 View Post
Hi,

just a short question, the doocking function is only available in the beta version?

I still have the ais rollover problem. I deinstalled all radarpi program pieces and then reinstall the actual 501 plugin from the ppa but still the same. I'll make a video the next few days.

Andreas

Andreas,
Yes, this new docking function is only in the beta version. We are working on making this the release.
I can reproduce the rollover problem. I will try to investigate this coming week. It only seems to occur when a radar window is shown.
Douwe
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:07   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas29 View Post
Hi,

I still have the ais rollover problem.

No longer. I have pushed a solution to radar_pi/master on github. A compiled version for testing (Windows only) can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzyytvttnm...ar_pi.dll?dl=0
Copy this radar_pi.dll to the OpenCPN plugins folder.

Douwe Fokkema
Old 12-06-2019, 02:01   #93
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Guys, this plug-in is really fantastic.

Radar (Navico 3G) unboxed, supplied cable attached, Ethernet plug-in goes into the PC, power-supply connected, PI enabled, PI requests type of equipment, and that's it. Running.
What a pleasure!

Thanks!

Hubert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar-PI-1.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	193730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar-PI-2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	193731  

Name:	Radar-PI-3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	193732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radar-PI-4.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	193733  

bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:27   #94

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Guys, this plug-in is really fantastic.

Radar (Navico 3G) unboxed, supplied cable attached, Ethernet plug-in goes into the PC, power-supply connected, PI enabled, PI requests type of equipment, and that's it. Running.
What a pleasure!

Thanks!

Hubert

You're welcome! It's good to give back -- I have been an avid oeSENC user so hereby returning the compliment!

Familiar lab power supply BTW!
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:15   #95

Boat: Friendship 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe Fokkema View Post
No longer. I have pushed a solution to radar_pi/master on github. A compiled version for testing (Windows only) can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzyytvttnm...ar_pi.dll?dl=0
Copy this radar_pi.dll to the OpenCPN plugins folder.

Douwe Fokkema
Hi Douwe,

thanks. I´ll get this Version from github and compile it on my raspberry. The next week I´m on the boat and then I can and I´ll test it.
Yes, the AIS roll-over prob only occurs when the radar-ppi window was shown. With a hidden ppi-window there was no AIS rollover-prob.

Regards

Andreas
Andreas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 05:30   #96

Hello,

I am having trouble making the plug-in work with my Garmin HD radar and opencpn on Mac.

As soon as the network connection carrying the radar data is connected openCPN crashes. I have tried direct connection (ethernet via thunderbolt port) and also by Garmin WiFi adapter. Via WiFi, the crash occurs as soon as I open the Radar network IP on the firewall, so it seems that it is the radar data that's the problem.

Do you have any ideas about what the issue could be?

Thanks.
danmancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 10:58   #97

Boat: Nauticat 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzazz View Post
The Raymarine display and control commands have been well documented and there is a plugin that works with Raymarine digital radars (or with analog radars via the E80 chart plotter). What we need is someone to take the plugin that was developed about three years ago and put it into the v5.0 format. So, not sniffing is required just some basic programming knowledge.

https://github.com/ab2nkovs/RMRadar_pi

SV Pizzazz
Pizzazz,

I too have an interest in this as I am purchasing a boat in Newport Beach with an existing Raymarine set up on it. I, of course, will want to integrate this into OpenCPN, and plan to do so, if possible.

I built the RMRadar_pi into O5.0 on my Mac and it indeed does load. It attempts to connect, I don't yet have the Ray system, so I can't try it to see if it works or not. But I will in a couple of weeks.

My programming skills ended in the 90's with Pascal and Fortran (how quaint haha), so I'm not much help in the programming arena. I assume the plug-in will need to be updated to interface with the newer wxWidgets and deal with some minor interface problems that plague most older plug-ins, but it is promising that I was able to get O5.0 to take it, enable it, and not complain about anything except that "There's no Radar data..."

HOWEVER, as I'm writing this, the emulator does work. So that is promising. You may be right... This isn't as far off as we think.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 10.55.29 AM.png
Views:	146
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	193887  
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 11:18   #98

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Originally Posted by Pizzazz
The Raymarine display and control commands have been well documented and there is a plugin that works with Raymarine digital radars (or with analog radars via the E80 chart plotter). What we need is someone to take the plugin that was developed about three years ago and put it into the v5.0 format. So, not sniffing is required just some basic programming knowledge.

https://github.com/ab2nkovs/RMRadar_pi

SV Pizzazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereus32 View Post
Pizzazz,

I too have an interest in this as I am purchasing a boat in Newport Beach with an existing Raymarine set up on it. I, of course, will want to integrate this into OpenCPN, and plan to do so, if possible.

I built the RMRadar_pi into O5.0 on my Mac and it indeed does load. It attempts to connect, I don't yet have the Ray system, so I can't try it to see if it works or not. But I will in a couple of weeks.

My programming skills ended in the 90's with Pascal and Fortran (how quaint haha), so I'm not much help in the programming arena. I assume the plug-in will need to be updated to interface with the newer wxWidgets and deal with some minor interface problems that plague most older plug-ins, but it is promising that I was able to get O5.0 to take it, enable it, and not complain about anything except that "There's no Radar data..."

HOWEVER, as I'm writing this, the emulator does work. So that is promising. You may be right... This isn't as far off as we think.

I can build it for ov50 Windows, give me a couple of days. Nereus32, I had collage fortran and pascal 100 years ago it seems (50?). So trying to read C++ is not my forte.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 13:04   #99

Boat: Nauticat 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
I can build it for ov50 Windows, give me a couple of days. Nereus32, I had collage fortran and pascal 100 years ago it seems (50?). So trying to read C++ is not my forte.
Wow, I really dated myself! hahaha. I'm 53 (ouch), so it was "that" long ago.

Just for reference, I downloaded the repository and built it on the Mac. There was no pkgproj.in file or buildosx folder structure in the repository. I copied one over from the radar_pi and changed the name, so the build would complete just to see what happened. Surprisingly it built and installed. It was a programming hack, but it worked... Could it really be that easy?

Can't wait to get my Raymarine installed boat, so I can get started on setting it up and working with it.
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 17:50   #100

Well I am almost 2 decades older.... I am afraid this will not be as easy.

travis did compile ok -->https://travis-ci.org/rgleason/RMRad...m=notification

but not Appveyor ---> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rgleason/rmradar-pi

Quote:
C:\project\RMRadar_pi\src\socketutil.cpp(187): error C2451: conditional expression of type 'std::_Binder<std::_Unforced,int &,sockaddr *,unsigned int>' is illegal [C:\project\RMRadar_pi\build\rmradar_pi.vcxproj] C:\project\RMRadar_pi\src\socketutil.cpp(231): error C2451: conditional expression of type 'std::_Binder<std::_Unforced,int &,sockaddr *,unsigned int>' is illegal [C:\project\RMRadar_pi\build\rmradar_pi.vcxproj]

11 Warning(s)
2 Error(s)
socketutil.cpp

Quote:
if (setsockopt(rx_socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, (const char *)&one, sizeof(one))) {
error_message << _("Cannot set reuse address option on socket");
goto fail;
}

if (bind(rx_socket, (struct sockaddr *)&adr, sizeof(adr))) { <---LINE 187
error_message << _("Cannot bind UDP socket to port ") << port;
goto fail;
}
and

Quote:
if (server == INVALID_SOCKET) {
wxLogError(wxT("BR24radar_pi: cannot get socket"));
return INVALID_SOCKET;
}

if (bind(server, (struct sockaddr *)&adr, sizeof(adr))) { <---LINE 231
wxLogError(wxT("BR24radar_pi: cannot bind socket to loopback address"));
closesocket(server);
return INVALID_SOCKET;
}
Error C2451

Perhaps you have a solution in mind?

BTW this is completely the wrong thread for this!!! Lets move to the correct one next post.
HERE! https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rgleason/rmradar-pi
Old 15-06-2019, 01:11   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmancs View Post
Hello,

I am having trouble making the plug-in work with my Garmin HD radar and opencpn on Mac.

As soon as the network connection carrying the radar data is connected openCPN crashes. I have tried direct connection (ethernet via thunderbolt port) and also by Garmin WiFi adapter. Via WiFi, the crash occurs as soon as I open the Radar network IP on the firewall, so it seems that it is the radar data that's the problem.

Do you have any ideas about what the issue could be?

Thanks.

It is hard debugging this here, I don't run on Mac and I don't have a Garmin radar. But:
- can you try to run your radar with the plugin on a Windows computer?
- on your Mac, in the OpenCPN.ini file, make VerboseLog=13 (transmit+receive+verbose). Run OpenCPN with radar until crash, and put the OpenCPN.log file here on the forum.

Douwe Fokkema
Old 15-06-2019, 04:50   #102

RMradar link

Quote:
BTW this is completely the wrong thread for this!!! Lets move to the correct one next post.
HERE! ---
Sorry had the wrong link. HERE is the correct one.
Raymarine Radar Plugin for Opencpn

Let's post any issues for this Raymarine Radar plugin under this thread! Not this OpenCPN Radar_pi thread. It is a completely different plugin!
Old 16-06-2019, 04:31   #103

RE: RMradar (Cruiser's Forum Thread)
That problem is fixed now, I think.

Douwe, how difficult would it be to take the RMradar code and back port into radar_pi, rudimentary as it may be? - I suppose you would want someone available and willing to provide wireshark reports, in any case?
Old 16-06-2019, 09:03   #104

Boat: Najad 34

Rick..
For info; what's discussed for this topic so far:
https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues/79
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 01:32   #105

Quote:
RE: RMradar (Cruiser's Forum Thread)
That problem is fixed now, I think.

Douwe, how difficult would it be to take the RMradar code and back port into radar_pi, rudimentary as it may be? - I suppose you would want someone available and willing to provide wireshark reports, in any case?

It might seem simple, but it will still be quite a job. And as we have seen with the other radars, getting it to work and getting it right is difficult, inefficient and a slow process without having the real radar at hand.

Douwe Fokkema

Tags
lease, plug, radar