Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 00:08   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

The Garmin HD should be working now. The release is available here:

https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/...ses/tag/v5.0.1


The Ubuntu PPA has updated yesterday, so the Linux .deb folks can download now as well. v5.0.0 for now, v5.0.1 coming up.
__________________

merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 00:17   #17
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

If you still have issues with Garmin HD, just let us know. Hope you like it! Hope you enjoy the MARPA, ARPA etc. support and the separate radar display. You can still do overlay as well, of course.
__________________

merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:34   #18
Registered User
 
Temptress's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: On the sea; Gone saiing
Boat: Jenneau SO 47
Posts: 29
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Any chance of adding support for Raymarine Quantum Wifi radars?
Temptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:46   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptress View Post
Any chance of adding support for Raymarine Quantum Wifi radars?

See Radar plugin v5.0.0 released
(#11 and #12 in this thread)
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52   #20
Registered User
 
BigAl.NZ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Boat: Hood 38 - Wauquiez
Posts: 247
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimac View Post
See Radar plugin v5.0.0 released
(#11 and #12 in this thread)
Doesnt the end result of this github thread say that there is support? https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues/79

I too would like to see it.
BigAl.NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baikal
Posts: 401
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
The radar window (PPI) can be moved anywhere on the screen. Also outside of the OpenCPN frame. So if you have extended your Desktop to a second screen the PPI can be moved to that one I suppose? The menus are moveable as well. I haven't tested but you may give it a try.
In full screen mode I suppose you've a point and you have to stand the maximized mode and the night mode disadvantages following that. If you can bring up wxWidgets to handle the docking in another way you're very welcome.
The TimeZero, as of your link, is of course also partly a useful program but somewhat another budget?
Håkan
The radar window can be placed on the second display. But it has to be stretched to the full screen by hand. There is no possibility to deploy to full screen. The top panel for dragging the window also interferes. At night, she blinded her eyes. We need a full-fledged full-screen mode without OS elements.
Wishes
- Maximize radar window to full screen without top bar
- Synchronization of the cursor on the chart and the radar window
- The radar settings menu should be part of the radar window ie. open in the radar window. Also the menu should be on top of all windows now it is always under the radar window.
- Docking the radar window with a chart

link to TimeZero as an example of the implementation of the RadarPC interface
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:53   #22
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Also, see this thread on adding Raymarine support to the plugin.



https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues/79
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:28   #23
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baikal View Post
The radar window can be placed on the second display. But it has to be stretched to the full screen by hand. There is no possibility to deploy to full screen. The top panel for dragging the window also interferes. At night, she blinded her eyes. We need a full-fledged full-screen mode without OS elements.
Wishes
- Maximize radar window to full screen without top bar
- Synchronization of the cursor on the chart and the radar window
- The radar settings menu should be part of the radar window ie. open in the radar window. Also the menu should be on top of all windows now it is always under the radar window.
- Docking the radar window with a chart

link to TimeZero as an example of the implementation of the RadarPC interface

We could do both options by adding a "allow docking" flag in the preferences. Some people get really confused by docking, some love it...
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 19:16   #24
Do… or do not
 
s/v Jedi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: in paradise
Boat: Sundeer 64
Posts: 9,475
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Navico 4G? why is only 3G listed?
sorry if I'm clueless but I thought both 3G and 4G were supported earlier?
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 19:42   #25
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: On the go. Not in Prague.
Posts: 5,179
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Navico 4G? why is only 3G listed?
sorry if I'm clueless but I thought both 3G and 4G were supported earlier?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 11.39.46 PM.png
Views:	246
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	189356  
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 21:03   #26
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 2,423
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Navico 4G? why is only 3G listed?
sorry if I'm clueless but I thought both 3G and 4G were supported earlier?
If you read the first post the list is about what's new. So now is also the new 3G supported. That is a 3G after Oct 2014. 3G before that is like a BR24 type but with another label on the shell.
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:34   #27
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,548
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Hello all...


The radar_pi plugin has been adapted to support the original Garmin HD radar scanner, and is available for download now.


https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/...ov50-win32.exe


Good Luck
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:52   #28
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Marina del Rey
Boat: Hunter 31
Posts: 740
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimac View Post
Also, see this thread on adding Raymarine support to the plugin.

https://github.com/opencpn-radar-pi/radar_pi/issues/79
The Raymarine display and control commands have been well documented and there is a plugin that works with Raymarine digital radars (or with analog radars via the E80 chart plotter). What we need is someone to take the plugin that was developed about three years ago and put it into the v5.0 format. So, not sniffing is required just some basic programming knowledge.

https://github.com/ab2nkovs/RMRadar_pi

SV Pizzazz
Pizzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:59   #29
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Harlingen, NL
Boat: KMY Stadtship 56
Posts: 269
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzazz View Post
So, not sniffing is required just some basic programming knowledge.

https://github.com/ab2nkovs/RMRadar_pi

SV Pizzazz

Our experience is that it is VERY hard to develop this if you don't have a physical radar to talk to. Just working with .pcap files just doesn't cut it to verify that it all actually works.


The current team doesn't have a Raymarine radar, nor are they likely to buy one.


So we're just patiently waiting for folks with a Raymarine, or Garmin Fantom, or Furuno, or Sitex/Koden to turn up. We'll help all we can, but the integration and testing needs to come from folks with such radars.
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:57   #30
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Marina del Rey
Boat: Hunter 31
Posts: 740
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimac View Post
Our experience is that it is VERY hard to develop this if you don't have a physical radar to talk to. Just working with .pcap files just doesn't cut it to verify that it all actually works.


The current team doesn't have a Raymarine radar, nor are they likely to buy one.


So we're just patiently waiting for folks with a Raymarine, or Garmin Fantom, or Furuno, or Sitex/Koden to turn up. We'll help all we can, but the integration and testing needs to come from folks with such radars.
merrimac,

I would happily be a test user for you and help finish developing the Raymarine code. I have the setup and a little bit of programming knowledge. What we know is that the current Raymarine code compiles and runs the digital radar quite well. So, I do not think it is necessary to go back to .pcap files which is time consuming and hard as you say. We should probably take this offline but my suggestion would be if we can take the attached two files that have the Raymarine specific code and put them in a format consistent with the v5.0 of the plugin (they were developed for v4.2 or earlier I believe) then it would be so much easier for someone like me to continue testing and identify the rest of the codes and if they are necessary. I understand that you guys are very busy and you have done great work and I have so much respect for you. My concern is that for me to translate the two control files would require me to understand the entire structure of the plugin and the internal presentation of the canvas and this is probably not necessary at this point. For testing and minor modification of the code, I think I have the time and skills and I would be happy to do that.

Please, have a look at the files. I added a .doc extension to allow upload.

Thank you,
Pizzazz
Attached Files
File Type: doc RMControl.cpp.doc (43.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: doc RMControl.h.doc (6.3 KB, 7 views)
__________________

Pizzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lease, plug, radar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Navico radar plugin v3.0 beta3 (v3.907) released merrimac OpenCPN 16 26-09-2017 10:13
Navico Radar plugin beta 3.816 released merrimac OpenCPN 21 09-09-2017 03:26
Navico radar plugin v2.0 released merrimac OpenCPN 168 04-08-2017 04:03
BR24 radar plugin Beta 2.515 released merrimac OpenCPN 14 08-08-2016 15:43
Garmin Radar PlugIn Version 1.4 Released bdbcat OpenCPN 8 20-06-2014 17:03



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.