Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 19:48   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
Plugin for Victron equipment?

Victron, makers of inverters/chargers/solar controllers etc. has an open SW interface. Has anyone with their instrumentation thought of making a plugin?

Their latest line of equipment can connect via BT or USB cables.

There is a thread about someone who has made a dedicated controller/display, and specifically NOT made it for phone/computer with the idea that he just wants to see the info on a display, not connect and have another device.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ay-198613.html

OTH, if one already has a device with opencpn running, then having the data show up in opencpn would be great.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 20:11   #2
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter
Re: Plugin for Victron equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
Victron, makers of inverters/chargers/solar controllers etc. has an open SW interface. Has anyone with their instrumentation thought of making a plugin?

Their latest line of equipment can connect via BT or USB cables.

There is a thread about someone who has made a dedicated controller/display, and specifically NOT made it for phone/computer with the idea that he just wants to see the info on a display, not connect and have another device.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ay-198613.html

OTH, if one already has a device with opencpn running, then having the data show up in opencpn would be great.
For signalk there's already an older app using usb -
https://github.com/sbender9/vedirect

Work being done now making a signalk app which will take a wifi UDP feed so a few dollars on a ESP8266 board will have a victron bluesolar talking to signalk over wifi.

This is what you can get from a raspberry pi running signalk with victron bluesolar data -

conachair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:30   #3

Boat: Hanse 348
Re: Plugin for Victron equipment?

Thanks. Glad to see this. But I am just a user, I did program about 100k of Fortran 35 years ago, but now all I can do is format your hard drive...

I don't really want to build up a pi, keep it going , attach to it, etc.

It is nice to see data in this format, but I was hoping for something that would run directly on my windows computer running opencpn.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, men, plug