I follow the remark of carcode: actual work on dashboard is not what i expect from a dashboard. If you want i can post my actual (not fully finished) program which builds further on the polarcom concept
with some evolutions:
- secondary and easily switchable displays (e.g. difference between motoring & sailing)
- real-time gauge comparing to polars. Analog & digital.
- top compass band, which better simulates a normal chart plotter.
- configurable borderless or with border dashboard per channel.
- full triprecorder with ability to play back on the dashboard & on OCPN at variable speed.
- logbook generator
: generates logbook entry based on triprecorder loggings.
- Opencpn is automatically loaded and position and size are adaptable to dashboard. On next loading everything will pop-up again as it was.
- For those who are using VSPE: automatic loading of program and configuration. But i'm now reprogramming to avoid VSPE and redirect the NMEA data stream from my program to OCPN, which seams a logical option.
- I guess i'm forgetting things but what the heck: just plat and discover...
of course what exists in polarcom continues to exist:
- fully configurable, multi window dashboard.
- of course size can be determined per dashboard panel.
- transparancy (which is easy but doesn't add value)
- all instruments as configurable in polarcom
I won't release the source at this point, since it's work in progress...
But dashboard, triprecorder, and most of the items are now fully functional.
You can play with logbook, but this is clearly not finished.
If interested have a look at Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
Just download, place on your desktop
and play with it. Doc & helpfile still need to be written...
needed as far i know . Anyway no registry entries etc... If not interested, just delete...