Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2014, 02:36   #256
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 1,968
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
.......Hakan,

The color issue is windows specific. I think maybe you generated a cached image before I made a fix. Is this with compression caching also enabled? If so, delete the files in the raster_texture_cache directory from (wherever opencpn.log is)
Right! That's the problem. I deleted the catch and then all colours are correct.
Quote:
For the black screen.. does the problem go away without opengl?
Yes.
Quote:
Do you by any chance have this problem in the master branch as well or only this one?
No, it's only this branch. When I use .1606 there are no black squares neither with nor without OpenGl.
Quote:
What exact latitude and longitude are you at when you find this?
There are several examples. Try these two:
wpt lat="58.091200000" lon="11.800795000"
wpt lat="57.321198333" lon="11.124618333"
Håkan
__________________

__________________
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 08:09   #257
Registered User
 
rooiedirk's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Oneoff
Posts: 304
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
I have also i915 driver and I get so many strange effects. In any case.. what latitude/longitude? I am still trying to work many of these out.
Sean,
Picture is from 52 44.5N 005 16.9E, but I see the same effects all over the world.
Dirk
__________________

__________________
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 08:49   #258
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,884
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Sean...

Could you post a screenshot of the NoGL quilt problem in central Asia, cm93? I cannot reproduce...More info?

Thanks
Dave
__________________
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 11:57   #259
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,250
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

It seems like the light-sector-borders are doubled.
Compare these two dumps. First the optimized version.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR-opti.png
Views:	84
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	79681
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR.png
Views:	79
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	79682
Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 01:53   #260
Registered User
 
boat_alexandra's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chesapeake bay
Boat: bristol 27
Posts: 2,824
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

I have been at sea the last week. Hopefully I can follow up in a few days
__________________
boat_alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 06:09   #261
Registered User
 
boat_alexandra's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chesapeake bay
Boat: bristol 27
Posts: 2,824
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

I managed to pick up free wifi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
It seems like the light-sector-borders are doubled.
Compare these two dumps. First the optimized version.
Attachment 79681
Attachment 79682
Thomas
I am not sure if you posted a screenshot from master branch or not? Is the doubling from object query or something with how it is rendered?

I slightly changed how the light sectors were rendering because it was both inefficient, and very slightly actually incorrect as the arc didn't end exactly where it should have.
__________________
boat_alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 07:02   #262
Registered User
 
boat_alexandra's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chesapeake bay
Boat: bristol 27
Posts: 2,824
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Right! That's the problem. I deleted the catch and then all colours are correct. Yes. No, it's only this branch. When I use .1606 there are no black squares neither with nor without OpenGl. There are several examples. Try these two:
wpt lat="58.091200000" lon="11.800795000"
wpt lat="57.321198333" lon="11.124618333"
Håkan
Can anyone else reproduce the results of Håkan?

Håkan,

Could you please get to where you see the black squares, then press '[' or ']' to rotate the viewport? Do they stay or go away?

Also you reported it is mostly working, but before I think I remember you said you did not use opengl because it was too slow especially for raster charts. Is the performance now better with opengl for you?
__________________
boat_alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 14:19   #263
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 1,968
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
Can anyone else reproduce the results of Håkan?

Håkan,

Could you please get to where you see the black squares, then press '[' or ']' to rotate the viewport? Do they stay or go away?
Please explain -press '[' or ']'- more detailed. It could be I've missed a new shortcut, or? (If you mean the "|" key (= or in C) it has for me no function on the viewport. On my key board I've to press Alt to get that sign.)

Quote:
Also you reported it is mostly working, but before I think I remember you said you did not use opengl because it was too slow especially for raster charts. Is the performance now better with opengl for you?
Yes, that's correct. In your version zooming in/out is instantly, 0.5 sec, working. In the master 3.3.1606 the same viewport zoom takes ~8 seconds. Both using OpenGL. I would say it's a dramatic difference although I've only around ten charts loaded in your version. I,ll load all my raster charts tonight and see if it's still the same.
Håkan
__________________
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 01:51   #264
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orust Sweden
Boat: Najad 34
Posts: 1,968
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
I,ll load all my raster charts tonight and see if it's still the same.
Håkan
All ~400 charts loaded and the performance is still the same. Very good!
The charts compression is very heavy and for a future adaptation for "normal" users this may be processed in "background" to avoid a total blocking of the PC? (My laptop was turned off this morning - over heated??)

Black square, more info:
All black squares are for CM93 parts named: "CM93Charts G 1/7500"
The black square are there when the viewport scale is from around 15000 to 7500, lower or higher scales are OK.

Håkan
__________________
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 03:19   #265
Registered User
 
rooiedirk's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Oneoff
Posts: 304
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Noticed you did some coding during sailing.
Last Git 28-4 9:00. Having some strange (i915 driver ??) issues again.

When zooming and/or panning, The boat and grid are moving. chart, waypoints and route remain in there old position.
Only when I move the cursor above the active chart in the 'chart bar', the chart etc are updated.
Only in OpenGL mode, and OGL options don't make any difference.

I can see you did some changes on the extended light sectors, but this is not much of an improvement. See pict
Dirk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ExtLightSectorGL3.png
Views:	60
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	80182  
__________________
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 04:34   #266
Registered User
 
rooiedirk's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Oneoff
Posts: 304
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

A small CmakeList.txt problem.
I had to change line 740 from:
Code:
ADD_DEFINITIONS( " -msse -DSQUISH_USE_SSE=2")
into:
Code:
ADD_DEFINITIONS( " -msse2 -DSQUISH_USE_SSE=2")
to have it compiled with sse2 instructions.
Dirk
__________________
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 19:51   #267
Registered User
 
boat_alexandra's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chesapeake bay
Boat: bristol 27
Posts: 2,824
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
All ~400 charts loaded and the performance is still the same. Very good!
The charts compression is very heavy and for a future adaptation for "normal" users this may be processed in "background" to avoid a total blocking of the PC? (My laptop was turned off this morning - over heated??)

Black square, more info:
All black squares are for CM93 parts named: "CM93Charts G 1/7500"
The black square are there when the viewport scale is from around 15000 to 7500, lower or higher scales are OK.

Håkan
At first I made it generate the cache the first time the chart was loaded, but I found this very annoying because it is very slow at first. Maybe it could run in the background though, to allow using the program at the same time (although at the speed without the cache)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooiedirk View Post
Noticed you did some coding during sailing.
Last Git 28-4 9:00. Having some strange (i915 driver ??) issues again.

When zooming and/or panning, The boat and grid are moving. chart, waypoints and route remain in there old position.
Only when I move the cursor above the active chart in the 'chart bar', the chart etc are updated.
Only in OpenGL mode, and OGL options don't make any difference.

I can see you did some changes on the extended light sectors, but this is not much of an improvement. See pict
Dirk
Hmm... sounds like a buggy driver. I assume you never had this problem before? You have this issue for vector and raster chart all the time, even when zooming in and out?

The light sectors.. thanks for the screenshot. Obviously I have a bug here, so I can revert things, or fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooiedirk View Post
A small CmakeList.txt problem.
I had to change line 740 from:
Code:
ADD_DEFINITIONS( " -msse -DSQUISH_USE_SSE=2")
into:
Code:
ADD_DEFINITIONS( " -msse2 -DSQUISH_USE_SSE=2")
to have it compiled with sse2 instructions.
Dirk
Ok, but why do you need sse2 instructions? Does your cpu not support sse? For this particular application I don't think the sse2 is much benefit, but maybe (time how long it takes to generate the cache)
__________________
boat_alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 04:39   #268
Registered User
 
rooiedirk's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Oneoff
Posts: 304
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Hmm... sounds like a buggy driver. I assume you never had this problem before? You have this issue for vector and raster chart all the time, even when zooming in and out?
Yes indeed, never before and raster and vector and also when zooming.
Quote:
Ok, but why do you need sse2 instructions? Does your cpu not support sse? For this particular application I don't think the sse2 is much benefit, but maybe (time how long it takes to generate the cache)
If I don't than I get next error during compiling
Code:
In file included from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd_sse.h:31:0,
                 from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd.h:34,
                 from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/clusterfit.h:32,
                 from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/clusterfit.cpp:27:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.7.3/include/emmintrin.h:32:3: error: #error "SSE2 instruction set not enabled"
In file included from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd.h:34:0,
                 from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/clusterfit.h:32,
                 from /home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/clusterfit.cpp:27:
/home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd_sse.h: In function 'squish::Vec4 squish::Truncate(squish::Vec4::Arg)':
/home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd_sse.h:163:57: error: '_mm_cvttps_epi32' was not declared in this scope
/home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd_sse.h:163:59: error: '_mm_cvtepi32_ps' was not declared in this scope
/home/dirk/Development/OpenCPN_optimised/OpenCPN/src/texcmp/squish/simd_sse.h:165:2: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
My processor
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 28
model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz
stepping : 10
microcode : 0x107
cpu MHz : 1799.970
cache size : 512 KB

This one is supposed to include sse2 instructions.
Dirk
__________________
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 01:16   #269
Registered User
 
boat_alexandra's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chesapeake bay
Boat: bristol 27
Posts: 2,824
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

I think I have fixed the issues with the light sectors (which also fixed other potential problems)
__________________
boat_alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 01:58   #270
Registered User
 
rooiedirk's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Oneoff
Posts: 304
Re: Optimized Opencpn: Testers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
I think I have fixed the issues with the light sectors (which also fixed other potential problems)
Only a quick test, but looks indeed OK now
__________________

__________________
rooiedirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opencpn, enc

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:49.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.