Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 12:18   #16
Senior Cruiser
 
colemj's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Presently on US East Coast
Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Posts: 10,049
Images: 12
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

This is probably a problem on my end, or with my internet connection, but when I download the 25.2MB Mac version, it arrives looking like a valid 25.2MB dmg image, but will not open. I get "not recognized" as an error.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Mark
__________________

__________________
www.svreach.com

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:19   #17
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Wrong...
Seems we should probably update the INSTALL file. Nobody touched it for 4 years...

Pavel
Stranger things have happened...

What are, where are the configuration options for tesselation?

Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21   #18
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
This is probably a problem on my end, or with my internet connection, but when I download the 25.2MB Mac version, it arrives looking like a valid 25.2MB dmg image, but will not open. I get "not recognized" as an error.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Mark
Possibly related to unexpected end of file result when extracting the .tar.gz file?
__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:07   #19
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,880
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Wrong...

Wow, that is a really old file...

Anyway, the only tess option happens if the cmake script does not find any OpenGL library support on your system. It then automatically reverts to internal tesselation, as noted.

See CMakeLists.txt, around line 257.
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_GLU_TESS)

Without this definition, the internal tesselator is used. This has not been tested in a while, and I would not be surprised at regression problems.

Good luck
Dave
__________________
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:08   #20
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 9
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
This is probably a problem on my end, or with my internet connection, but when I download the 25.2MB Mac version, it arrives looking like a valid 25.2MB dmg image, but will not open. I get "not recognized" as an error.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Mark
Same issue here. Tried to download twice, but can't install. Will try again later.
__________________
Joaquin
jmg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:16   #21
Registered User
 
SailRedemption's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Orleans
Boat: Kaufman 47
Posts: 778
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Right on guys! Congrats on the fresh build!

- Ronnie...on the geaux
__________________
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:22   #22
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Wrong...

Wow, that is a really old file...

Anyway, the only tess option happens if the cmake script does not find any OpenGL library support on your system. It then automatically reverts to internal tesselation, as noted.

See CMakeLists.txt, around line 257.
ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_GLU_TESS)

Without this definition, the internal tesselator is used. This has not been tested in a while, and I would not be surprised at regression problems.

Good luck
Dave
CMake Warning:
Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

USE_GLU_TESS

Must I remove OpenGL libraries first for this to work?

Thanks.
__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:29   #23
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,880
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Mark...

Not your fault. The file on sourceforge had a broken upload, and was incomplete.

New file uploaded just now, sourceforge will have it ready for download shortly.

Sorry, but that's wifi for ya.

Dave
__________________
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:32   #24
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,880
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Mark...

Mac dmg download just tested, OK now.

Dave
__________________
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:36   #25
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,880
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Wrong...

You would be better to simply remove this stuff from the CMakeLists.txt file (temporarily), to avoid possible other systems problems.

Code:
FIND_PACKAGE(OpenGL)
IF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)

    SET(wxWidgets_USE_LIBS ${wxWidgets_USE_LIBS} gl )
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})

    MESSAGE (STATUS "Found OpenGL..." )
    MESSAGE (STATUS "    Lib: " ${OPENGL_LIBRARIES})
    MESSAGE (STATUS "    Include: " ${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DocpnUSE_GL)
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_GLU_TESS)

ELSE(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
    MESSAGE (STATUS "OpenGL not found..." )
ENDIF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
But I did not test this myself recently...

Dave
__________________
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 13:46   #26
Senior Cruiser
 
colemj's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Presently on US East Coast
Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Posts: 10,049
Images: 12
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Mark...

Mac dmg download just tested, OK now.

Dave
Got it now and all works. Thanks,
Mark
__________________
www.svreach.com

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 14:39   #27
Registered User
 
Wrong's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,702
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Wrong...

You would be better to simply remove this stuff from the CMakeLists.txt file (temporarily), to avoid possible other systems problems.

Code:
FIND_PACKAGE(OpenGL)
IF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)

    SET(wxWidgets_USE_LIBS ${wxWidgets_USE_LIBS} gl )
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})

    MESSAGE (STATUS "Found OpenGL..." )
    MESSAGE (STATUS "    Lib: " ${OPENGL_LIBRARIES})
    MESSAGE (STATUS "    Include: " ${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DocpnUSE_GL)
    ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_GLU_TESS)

ELSE(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
    MESSAGE (STATUS "OpenGL not found..." )
ENDIF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
But I did not test this myself recently...

Dave
Compilation & installation o.k. per your instructions above. But, there's still an 'ownship' problem, resolved by reinstalling a binary I generated for 3.3.1618.

Something changed along the way, and it's not my configuration...
__________________
Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:10   #28
Senior Cruiser
 
sailorF54's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perros-Guirec, France
Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36
Posts: 829
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

A French Mac user reports he is stuck at this stage using OSX 10.6.x
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_d’écran_2015-01-09_à_00.16.50.png
Views:	160
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	95194  
__________________
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:57   #29
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Hi all and thanks too for the update. But...
Just tried installing on Mac Powerbook Pro Snow Leopard and the installation locks up at the first run welcome message and no warranty etc. Any suggestions.
Will
__________________
willduiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:05   #30
Senior Cruiser
 
sailorF54's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perros-Guirec, France
Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36
Posts: 829
Re: OpenCPN Version 4.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by willduiker View Post
Hi all and thanks too for the update. But...
Just tried installing on Mac Powerbook Pro Snow Leopard and the installation locks up at the first run welcome message and no warranty etc. Any suggestions.
Will
Welcome to the club... See my previous message...
EDIT
The French User is using Mac OX 10.6 Snow Leopard, like you. Now this version is NO longer supported by OpenCpn...
End of the story...
__________________

__________________
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.814 Released bdbcat OpenCPN 185 14-09-2012 08:43
OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.802 Released bdbcat OpenCPN 158 14-08-2012 11:07
OpenCPN Beta Version 3.1.714 Released bdbcat OpenCPN 91 01-08-2012 18:08



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.