8 May, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Development Team is proud to announce the release of OpenCPN
OpenCPN Version 3.2.2 is available for immediate download.
This version is a maintenance
release and update of OpenCPN Version 3.2.
It corrects several non-critical operational faults and special case configurations.
OpenCPN is a cross platform electronic navigation
system (ECS) supporting a variety of cartography standards and harware interface protocols. Versions are available for linux
, Windows, and Macintosh computer architectures.
Some features of OpenCPN include:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC) digital chart display
- Industry standard GPS
receiver interfacing, with "moving map" on-screen vessel tracking.
receiver interfacing with configurable target safety
- Integrated Route
, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current
prediction, with on-screen overlay of predicted data.
- Broad International Language support
- PlugIn architecture allowing on-going third-party functional enhancements.
OpenCPN is released under the GPLV2 license
. The executable program and its source code are available for immediate, free, and unlimited download from sourceforge.net.
As a successor to OpenCPN Version 3.0, OpenCPN Version 3.2 contains a many new features and enhanced functions. Among them are:
- Complete update of user Options dialogs and context menus, incorporating modern graphics and uniform styles.
- Significantly enhanced navigation
instrument input and output options, including extensve network connection capabilites supporting TCP, UDP, and GPSD data sources.
- New User Interface theme support, with OpenCPN traditional as well as two new low profile themes.
- Enhanced clipboard support, including interfaces to external KML data sources.
- Enhanced Tide and Current
dataset support, including modern fully binary datasets.
- Various improvements in the display and tracking of AIS
- Automatic Great Circle route
- Significant enhancement of the Dashboard PlugIn, including new user interface options and a variety of stylish, new instruments.
- Improved sound system support for linux
- Major update to embedded Users Manual.
- Measurably improved performance and reliability
over all supported platforms.
We hope you enjoy the new features of OpenCPN Version 3.2.2, and look forward to your continued feedback.
Download OpenCPN Version 3.2.2 at
OpenCPN | Free Science & Engineering software downloads at SourceForge.net
For PlugIns and other useful information, visit our support website at
OpenCPN | Official OpenCPN Homepage
The OpenCPN Development Team
Dave Register, Lead Developer