Hello testers and developers....
Here for your review is the text for the OpenCPN Version 3.0 announcement. This is intended to read like a one-page Press Release.
Have a look and let me know asap if I have missed any points or features that should be mentioned more prominently.
OpenCPN Version 3.0 is released, and available for immediate download.
The version is a major feature upgrade and maintenance
release of OpenCPN.
OpenCPN is a free and OpenSource navigation
package running on Windows, linux
, and Macintosh computers
Some features of OpenCPN include:
- Quilted Raster(RNC) and Vector(ENC) digital chart display
- Industry standard GPS
receiver interfacing, with "moving map" on-screen vessel tracking.
receiver interfacing with configurable target safety
- Integrated Route, Track, and Waypoint database, with industry standard Import/Export capabilities
- Tide and Current
prediction, with on-screen overlay of predicted data.
- Broad International Language support
OpenCPN is designed to be easy to install, configure, and use daily.
OpenCPN may be freely downloaded and installed without cost, registration
, or time limits.
New and Enhanced Features for OpenCPN Version 3.0
1. OpenGL support, for enhanced graphics performance and functionality.
2. Improved ENC
object Query interface
3. Portable execution option, allowing easy migration to new systems.
4. Upgrade to wxWidgets 2.8.12.
5. Support ENC
6. Upgrade gpsd support to Version 2.96
7. Implement enhanced PlugIn system, enabling a wide variety of PlugIn types.
8. Implement DSC
and GPS_Gate Buddy tracking.
9. Implement user defined Chart Groups.
10. Implement AIS SART transponder display and tracking.
11. Improved ENC object rendering and display.
12. Implement user definable Tide/Current datasets.
13. Full conformance for all platforms, especially including Macintosh OS X.
14. Greatly improved stability on all platforms, as a result of extended Beta testing.
15. Many, many improvements in the basic User Interface, while maintaining the ease-of-use that
OpenCPN is widely known for.
We hope you enjoy the new features of OpenCPN Version 3.0, and look forward to your continued feedback.
Download OpenCPN Version 3.0 at
OpenCPN | Free Science & Engineering software downloads at SourceForge.net
For PlugIns and other useful information, visit our support website at
OpenCPN | Official OpenCPN Homepage
The OpenCPN Development Team
Dave Register, Lead Developer