Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2012, 08:33   #31

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Bug?
In "Route Properties" - "Departure time"
It seems like i can't set a departure time... When I open properties for the route, the field is empty even if I set it before pressing OK.

Date format: m/d/y h:m eg. 05/25/2012 17:00
Tried other variants like: 5/25/12 5:00

Is this a bug or just a user error?
At first I could replicate your problem.
After some testing, I think that the key is to hit the "Enter" key, after entering a date.
It is not enough to just press "OK".

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 10:29   #32

Boat: I Wish
Send a message via Skype™ to sbfreddie

Bob:
I believe I have found my problem, it appears that I do not have a complete app bundle. This is a snapshot of the app bundle I built last night:
Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=OpenCPN app 1723.png Views: 99 Size: 128.0 KB ID: 41470" style="margin: 2px" />
You may notice that its missing the dylib PO files, and plugins.
How do you create a dmg file, what commands are you issuing to build it? I think that is the step I am missing.

TIA,
Freddie
sbfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 12:24   #33
Marine Service Provider

Freddie....

Good progress.

To make the .dmg, I do:

Code:
$ cmake -DPREFIX=/Users/dsr/tmp ..
            ignore warnings
$ make
$ make install
$ make create-dmg
I did find a crash bug in the latest Beta on Mac. Looked a bit like your crash. This might be your problem. I'll have a new upload shortly.

Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 13:35   #34

Bob:
I built as you directed and received the same crash, the log looks the same. But I looked at the build log in detail and found on page 26 of the pdf this:
Quote:
-- fixup_bundle
-- app='/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app'
-- libs='/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libdashboard_pi.dylib;/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libgrib_pi.dylib'
-- dirs=''
-- fixup_bundle: preparing...
--
warning: cannot resolve item '/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libdashboard_pi.dylib'

possible problems:
need more directories?
need to use InstallRequiredSystemLibraries?
run in install tree instead of build tree?

warning: target '/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libdashboard_pi.dylib' does not exist...
/usr/bin/otool: can't open file: /Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libdashboard_pi.dylib (No such file or directory)
otool: can't open file: /Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libdashboard_pi.dylib (No such file or directory)
--
warning: cannot resolve item '/Users/freddie/Desktop/tmp/bin/OpenCPN.app/Contents/PlugIns/libgrib_pi.dylib'

possible problems:
need more directories?
need to use InstallRequiredSystemLibraries?
run in install tree instead of build tree?
It looks like problems with the build script, I don't know anything about cmake though.
Also on page 40 I found these errors:

Quote:
created: /Users/freddie/Desktop/opencpn/rw.OpenCPN_2.6.1723.dmg Mounting disk image... Mount directory: /Volumes/OpenCPN_2.6.1723 Device name: /dev/disk4
Running Applescript: ./AdiumApplescriptRunner "/var/folders/kj/kjkpuCysGVu+jNw hyrq+VE+++TI/-Tmp-/createdmg.qYAN68QP" process_disk_image "OpenCPN_2.6.1723" 2012-05-25 13:08:02.636 AdiumApplescriptRunner[8515:903] Error loading /Librar y/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Codec: dlope n(/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Code c, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/Xvi D_Codec: mach-o, but wrong architecture 2012-05-25 13:08:02.796 AdiumApplescriptRunner[8515:903] Error loading /Librar y/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Codec: dlope n(/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Code c, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/Xvi D_Codec: mach-o, but wrong architecture 2012-05-25 13:08:04.193 AdiumApplescriptRunner[8515:903] Error loading /Librar y/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Codec: dlope n(/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Code c, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/Xvi D_Codec: mach-o, but wrong architecture 2012-05-25 13:08:04.218 AdiumApplescriptRunner[8515:903] Error loading /Librar y/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Codec: dlope n(/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/XviD_Code c, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/QuickTime/XviD_Codec-r58 (Intel).component/Contents/MacOS/Xvi D_Codec: mach-o, but wrong architecture Done running the applescript...
I appears that since I am running a system capable of building and running 64-bit code that maybe there are some FLAGS that need to be set?????
What do you think?

TIA,
Freddie
Old 25-05-2012, 13:39   #35

Bob:
By the way here is the build log:

Term output from building OpenCPN1723.pdf

Thanks,
Freddie
Old 25-05-2012, 14:02   #36

I have been following the progress of Opencpn.. Great work everyone involved I love it. I have been downloading the beta to do testing like others.
I am new to this forum so please be gentle
I have found an issue in 1723. Or should I say I noticed it more by looking at the attachment. I have rolled back to 1624 and the same applies however the text is very small.
When on full detail (position) level five or with the ENC text on I get the output below. I believe this info is coming from the infom attribute for an object feature class dismar

I hope this makes sense. If not then please help me explain it better so I can help.

I am also aware that you guyshave been working on text resizing. However I have noticed that waypoint text does not resize when zoomed out.

Colour reduced to upload image.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp enc on.bmp (307.7 KB, 72 views)
Ocean_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 14:11   #37
Marine Service Provider

freddie....

The build errors you show relate to PlugIns, and should not prevent normal operation of OpenCPN. PlugIns won't be found, and O will carry on happily.

Try this:
$cd ~/Library/Preferences
$rm opencpn.ini

This will force O to start with a new default config file, in standard (DC) mode. Load some charts, play around, and take note of any crashes. Try OpenGL mode, with fingers crossed.

I imagine that vector charts will be more likely to crash on the Mac....

Good Luck
Dave
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 15:12   #38

Boat: Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean_master View Post
I have been following the progress of Opencpn.. Great work everyone involved I love it. I have been downloading the beta to do testing like others.
I am new to this forum so please be gentle
I have found an issue in 1723. Or should I say I noticed it more by looking at the attachment. I have rolled back to 1624 and the same applies however the text is very small.
When on full detail (position) level five or with the ENC text on I get the output below. I believe this info is coming from the infom attribute for an object feature class dismar

I hope this makes sense. If not then please help me explain it better so I can help.

I am also aware that you guyshave been working on text resizing. However I have noticed that waypoint text does not resize when zoomed out.

Colour reduced to upload image.
For a new user that is a very useful and well described problem report :-) !
Enc:s sometimes requests very large font, and I have been working to keep the size more on a sane level. 1624 had an earlier version where I simply limited the font size to a certain number, but then all texts come out the same size. Now I am trying to get the texts appear different, but not gigantic.

Obviously not perfect yet....

It would be helpful to know which chart you are using, and the position. Then I could reproduce the problem.

/j
JesperWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 15:23   #39

Quote:
No, and that is by design actually. Placing marks is a good way of getting those place names that are important to you to show up even when you are zoomed out to where names are no longer shown.
/j
Old 25-05-2012, 15:35   #40

jesper we
thanks for that
I believe the inform text for class dismar should not be diplayed at all under ENC display

However location is 051 30.3216N 001 06.2958E (thames estuary) true scale 38400. greater zoom inform not displayed.

We are also getting a similar issue with TSSLPT the ENC info should only be the first two lines not the whole of the INFORM information.
Old 25-05-2012, 15:40   #41

Smile Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperWe View Post
No, and that is by design actually. Placing marks is a good way of getting those place names that are important to you to show up even when you are zoomed out to where names are no longer shown.
/j

Does make my picture of the world a little cluttered when zoomed out all the way but I have a request to add to request thread at some time..
Old 25-05-2012, 16:16   #42

Quote:
jesper we
thanks for that
I believe the inform text for class dismar should not be diplayed at all under ENC display

However location is 051 30.3216N 001 06.2958E (thames estuary) true scale 38400. greater zoom inform not displayed.

We are also getting a similar issue with TSSLPT the ENC info should only be the first two lines not the whole of the INFORM information.
Well for the TSSLPT text I have a patch pending that we decided to not take for 3.0, since 3.0 is in feature freeze.

The distance marks with INFORM are a first, I have never seen INFORM on those in any other places. However the original S57 rules we have specifies that the INFORM should be displayed for those if it exists.

And with the above mentioned patch they will be better formatted graphically.

What confuses me is this gigantic text you're getting, I cannot reproduce that, I get the small text. Is that the only text that appears in this large font?
Old 25-05-2012, 16:27   #43

One thing that occurs is that the rules are requesting a very small font for the DISMAR INFORM, 6pt size. Maybe it is some font size rendering confusion going on. Could you try changing your ChartTexts font in the Fonts tab of the settings window to some other font and see if you still get these very large texts?
Old 25-05-2012, 16:31   #44

I am local to that area so at the moment this is the only gigantic text I am getting.
For ref any errors I get I check them with looking around chesapeak bay in the states for comparison just in case it's me being a numpty.
Old 25-05-2012, 16:37   #45

Quote:
I am local to that area so at the moment this is the only gigantic text I am getting.
For ref any errors I get I check them with looking around chesapeak bay in the states for comparison just in case it's me being a numpty.
Living in the sandbanks :-D ?

OK, If I could ask you two make two tests:

1. Change the font used for vector charts, as per the message above, and see if the texts stay gigantic.

2. Go to your s57data folder, and in the file chartsymbols.xml, line 22514, replace the text

;TX(INFORM,3,2,2,'14106',4,0,CHMGD,21)

with

;TX(INFORM,3,2,2,'14109',4,0,CHMGD,21)

...and again, see if the texts stay gigantic?

(And btw, if you remove the whole of that instruction above, the texts will go away...)

What OS are you running under?

Does the big text come under OpenGL or normal mode or both?

Tags
opencpn