Version 2.6 Beta Build 1718 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on sourceforge git repo.
230. Improve S57 Object Query dialog layout and color management
231. Correct ENC
thumbnail display (FS#793)
232. Update AIS
SART target alarm
233. Correct build rules related to USE_GARMINHOST (FS#792)
234. Correct AIS
Alert dialog flashing on XP/OpenGL (FS#786)
235. Show AIS target brg "unavailable" for targets with Lat > +/-85 deg. (FS#674)
236. Correct runtime errors when no PLIB is available.
237. Modify GRIB PlugIn toolbar tool behavior. (FS#789)
238. Correct F6 dimmer on Windows, non-openGL mode.
239. Correct Active route
status window (Console) visibility.
240. Add some new HotKeys. Thanks jesper
241. Improve AIS dialog font selection logic. jesper...
242. Implement S57 Query Dialog font face selection capability.
243. Allow track merging by multiple selection. jesper again...
244. Correct some rotated vector symbols (esp. traffic lanes), add a few new or tweaked symbols. jesper...
245. Implement double-click for selection of AIS targets. jesper....
246. Implement some more new single-stroke hotkeys (FS#798)
247. Correct error on colorscheme change with non-OpenGL vector charts
248. Implement patch to improve some sort algorithms (FS#796) Thanks to smitten...
249. Implement various code quality improvement patches (FS#795)(FS#797) Thanks, smitten...
250. Implement improved Object Query results formatting, especially LIGHTS. Thanks jesper...
251. Correct backport to libgps19.
252. Improve debian packaging rules/files. Thanks Pavel
253. Implement two more single
254. Improve ENC
Text font and sizing. Thanks jesper
255. Improve OpenGL anti-aliased line rendering on ENCs.
256. Update embedded documentation
and Help files. Thanks Thomas (cagney)
257. Correct GPS
datum name match function, add Hermannskogel Datum (FS#752) Thanks h_jessen
258. Correct AIS alert logic to not alert on AIS_ATON class CPA incursions.
232. Change logic to generate Alert dialog on receipt of SART Msg 3 (Position) only. If there is a related Msg 14 text, it's contents will be shown on the Alert dialog.
237. GRIB file selection dialog will be shown/hidden according to the state of the toolbar tool.
KML PlugIn needs modification to make UI similar for all PlugIns.
240. New Hotkeys:
All affecting Vector charts
only, and only in Mariners Standard display category.
'L' - Toggle LIGHTS display
'R' - Toggle generic "rocks" display, including UWTROC, OBSTRN, and WRECKS
'S' - Toggle SOUNDG display
243. The RouteManagerDialog track tab allows multiple track selection (CTRL + lift
click). Selected tracks can be merged using a context menu (Right Click) pick.
246. Ctrl-M places the WP at cursor's position.
Enter places the WP at boat's position.
Space places the WP at boat's position.
251. Developers note: libgps API changed significantly between libgps19 and ..20. We require the libgps20 API and include files to build OpenCPN, and a "version skew" warning will be produced if thay are not found. The libgps interface will not function correctly if OpenCPN is built with libgps19 include files.
253. New hotkeys: 'T' Toggle ENC text
'O' Toggle chart outlines
255. Opinions solicited. Are the rendered lines too heavy, or too light on your hardware
256. Please take a look at the toolbox->Help tab, and review the embedded help files and images
. Comments appreciated.
This Beta Release should be considered to be a Release Candidate.
In our context, this means that features are frozen, and all show-stopping bugs eliminated.
What is left to do, theoretically, is:
1. Update international language translations. (pot files have been updated in this Beta)
2. Finalize embedded documentation
2. Change the Version name from Beta 2.6.1718 to OpenCPN Version 3.0
one can hope.....
Anyway, time for translation updates. Send them to me directly, please. That will be a much more reliable way of ensuring that they make it into the Release.
In the home-stretch....
Thanks, and enjoy