I take this exchange to address the problem of the item that appears when the GPS
, this item is:
Suggestion: Try closing Other Applications.
I think this explanation is no longer Verily good. There are also long since I've replaced several explanations for this explanation in the French version. For that I have considered the common questions asked about it in forums
Here's what happens if I translate the same french item in English:
is it plugged in and / or the cable from the source AIS is it connected? \n
- If you use an NMEA
multiplexer, is it connected properly? \n
- If you use a port sharing software
such as VSPE or Xport, \n
- Has there been launched before OpenCPN? \n
- Has been set correctly? \n
- Otherwise, another application is using the same port can be active. You can in this case: \n
- The close, \n
- Either change the com port number assigned to the GPS (Under Windows, using the device manager).