Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2012, 02:00   #46
Registered User
 
Gilletarom's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Boat: 10.50 mètres
Posts: 2,295
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorF54 View Post
Pavel
Unless I got you wrong, I'm surprised.
2.5 and 2.6.1511 work nice without S52RAZDS.RLE on Vista.
Here is the relevant part of the log with CM93 loaded

The raster or Google view kap charts are fine...
I confirm that Sailor54 noticed. Can not display correctly S57 of Southeast Asia.

Gilletarom.
__________________

__________________
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 18:47   #47
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: São Luis, Maranhão, Brazil
Posts: 223
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Problems i found in 2.6.1511

Grib files, see attachments.

Release 2.5.0 - No problems
2.6.1310 - Labels almost not visible
2.6.1511 - No echo of the information to the Chart, info is there see Grib box.

Zooming.

Release 2.5.0 - generate an OverZoom message at a modest zoom level.
2.6.1310 - Warning gone
2.6.1511 - Warning back again.

Last attachment, more deep zoom level and warning disappear again.

As far my results testing 2.6.1511, on Windows XP Professional, Brazil Portuguese edition.

Regards,
CeesH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grib 2.5.0 okay.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	38788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grib 2.6.1310 labels bad visible.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	38789  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grib 2.6.1511 invisible.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	38790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom 2.5.0 wrong.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	38791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom 2.6.1310 okay.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	38792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom 2.6.1511 wrong.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	38793  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom more deep okay.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	38794  
__________________

__________________
CeesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 19:07   #48
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,884
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Ceesh....

Could you please post a copy of the GRIB file you used to generate the previous post?

Also, were you using OpenGL mode? (Toolbox->Settings->Use OpenGL ticked?)

Thanks
Dave
__________________
bdbcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 19:20   #49
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: São Luis, Maranhão, Brazil
Posts: 223
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Ceesh....

Could you please post a copy of the GRIB file you used to generate the previous post?

Also, were you using OpenGL mode? (Toolbox->Settings->Use OpenGL ticked?)

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

GRIB File in attachment.

OpenGL ticked.

Regards,
CeesH
Attached Files
File Type: doc grib_120130_213857_gfs.grb.doc (72.4 KB, 34 views)
__________________
CeesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 08:46   #50
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West coast of Sweden
Boat: Najad391
Posts: 155
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

I have a problem to use the new chart groups.
I have set up a group of BSB maps covering a specific area. Also created 4 different groups with different cm93 versions. The differences of the cm93 charts is the datum.
When I try to select between the 4 cm93 groups I get black display of some of this charts. BSB is ok.
If I remove all charts and groups and start from the beginning and load just one of the cm93, then it is ok, even if that version was black before. All version of cm93 is working if I load them just one by one and have just one version in the library.
But when I try chart groups again then I get the same result as before.
I think I have tried "everything" so I need some hint to get this to work
__________________
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 10:04   #51
Registered User
 
LeaseOnLife's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: out cruising again
Boat: Sailboat
Posts: 1,047
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp391 View Post
I have a problem to use the new chart groups.
I have set up a group of BSB maps covering a specific area. Also created 4 different groups with different cm93 versions. The differences of the cm93 charts is the datum.
When I try to select between the 4 cm93 groups I get black display of some of this charts. BSB is ok.
If I remove all charts and groups and start from the beginning and load just one of the cm93, then it is ok, even if that version was black before. All version of cm93 is working if I load them just one by one and have just one version in the library.
But when I try chart groups again then I get the same result as before.
I think I have tried "everything" so I need some hint to get this to work
I think you have two issues:

  1. the black display happens when there is only one entry in the chart group. It's a bug, mentioned early in this thread. For now, just add a second entry, I use some pilot charts.
  2. CM93, multiple versions: I have tried the same and I think Opencpn does not support more than one CM93 directory. I am not sure about the logic when two CM93 chart directories are selected. When the group "all active charts" is selected, it then should show more than one brown square in the chart selector bar, one for each set of CM93 directories. But it doesn't....
    I think this is more of a feature request than a bug. But I would like this feature a lot, older CM93s have more detail in some areas. Newer CM93s seem to have better geo-referencing, but some of the small scale charts have disappeared. Being able to switch between the sets would be best of both worlds.
Dirk
__________________
LeaseOnLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 10:36   #52
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West coast of Sweden
Boat: Najad391
Posts: 155
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Maybe this is already covered but Grib files don't work in 2.6.1511 but is ok in 2.5.0
I downloaded from this site
Get Grib Data
__________________
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 10:40   #53
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West coast of Sweden
Boat: Najad391
Posts: 155
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaseOnLife View Post
I think you have two issues:

  1. the black display happens when there is only one entry in the chart group. It's a bug, mentioned early in this thread. For now, just add a second entry, I use some pilot charts.
  2. CM93, multiple versions: I have tried the same and I think Opencpn does not support more than one CM93 directory. I am not sure about the logic when two CM93 chart directories are selected. When the group "all active charts" is selected, it then should show more than one brown square in the chart selector bar, one for each set of CM93 directories. But it doesn't....
    I think this is more of a feature request than a bug. But I would like this feature a lot, older CM93s have more detail in some areas. Newer CM93s seem to have better geo-referencing, but some of the small scale charts have disappeared. Being able to switch between the sets would be best of both worlds.
Dirk
I do support multiple versions of cm93 if this is restricted in 2.6.1511 on above reasons.
__________________
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 13:16   #54
Registered User
 
LeaseOnLife's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: out cruising again
Boat: Sailboat
Posts: 1,047
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp391 View Post
Maybe this is already covered but Grib files don't work in 2.6.1511 but is ok in 2.5.0
I downloaded from this site
Get Grib Data

uncheck "Use opengl" and gribs should work, let us know

Dirk
__________________
LeaseOnLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 13:33   #55
cruiser

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: São Luis, Maranhão, Brazil
Posts: 223
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaseOnLife View Post
uncheck "Use opengl" and gribs should work, let us know

Dirk
Works with OpenGL unchecked

!!!! Also transparent Icons work again !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grib 2.6.1511 OpenGL unchecked visible.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	38825  
__________________
CeesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 14:07   #56
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West coast of Sweden
Boat: Najad391
Posts: 155
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaseOnLife View Post
uncheck "Use opengl" and gribs should work, let us know

Dirk
Yes with Open GL uncheck the Grib file is working
__________________
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 01:26   #57
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Boat: Seamaster 700
Posts: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to balp
pirate Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

I have two functions i work on a bit to make a localized swedish version much better. At least for me. Fist when rendering CM93 charts, Swedish names are in the charts as Goeteborg, not Göteborg this makes reading the charts hard.

That patch is rather finished, for swedish but need a much better design to work wither other non-english languages if they have similar problems.

Thats the convert swedish branch. https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/tree/convert_swedish

Then i have added a work in progress to make the grin plug in show windspeed in m/s, at the moment the windspeed and current is in m/s but for to be familiar with the data, windspeed should be in m/s and current in knots.

Thats in the grin-metric tree https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/tree/grib-metric

Test builds, so far for Ubuntu linux 11.10 only at githug:
https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/downloads
__________________
balp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 01:28   #58
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Boat: Seamaster 700
Posts: 96
Send a message via Skype™ to balp
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
In ubuntu 11.04, ctrl-G doesn't do anything for both opengl on/off, but gives this output to terminal:

Code:
execvp(xcalib, /tmp/Itt2oh) failed with error 2!
You need the xcalib package installed.

Code:
sudo apt-get install xcalib
__________________
balp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 02:38   #59
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: West coast of Sweden
Boat: Najad391
Posts: 155
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by balp View Post
I have two functions i work on a bit to make a localized swedish version much better. At least for me. Fist when rendering CM93 charts, Swedish names are in the charts as Goeteborg, not Göteborg this makes reading the charts hard.

That patch is rather finished, for swedish but need a much better design to work wither other non-english languages if they have similar problems.

Thats the convert swedish branch. https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/tree/convert_swedish

Then i have added a work in progress to make the grin plug in show windspeed in m/s, at the moment the windspeed and current is in m/s but for to be familiar with the data, windspeed should be in m/s and current in knots.

Thats in the grin-metric tree https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/tree/grib-metric

Test builds, so far for Ubuntu linux 11.10 only at githug:
https://github.com/balp/OpenCPN/downloads
Will there be a version for Windows also? please.
__________________
janp391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 07:29   #60
Registered User

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 847
Re: OpenCPN Version 2.6 Beta Build 1511

Windows 7, using C-Map charts

If I select Open GL the cursor becomes one of those green arrows that normally appear at the edge of the screen to let you pan the chart, and nothing works. If I shut down OpenCPN and restart then OpenGL is working and everything looks great - except that the none of the text labels appear, clicking the text button on/off makes no difference. If I uncheck OpenGL the labels are back.

Totally repeatable 100% of the time.
__________________

__________________
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opencpn

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OpenCPN Internationalization ( i18n ) bdbcat OpenCPN 872 16-11-2017 10:14
OpenCPN On Tablet Computer prroots OpenCPN 93 15-05-2012 08:57
Trying to Build Mac Version AuroraGH OpenCPN 48 12-05-2012 00:54
OpenCPN 2.5.0 Win 7 problems jimbim OpenCPN 19 14-03-2012 05:09
440: Lagoon 440 Owners Version Modifications Lagoon4us Lagoon Catamarans 4 04-03-2012 19:03



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:18.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.