Version 2.4 Beta Build 523 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version.....
Source is available now on sourceforge git repo.
89. Implement fine scale vector chart zoom in/out by CTRL+ and CTRL-
90. Improve toolbar positioning alogrithms (FS#441, FS#446))
91. Correct toolbar mouse event memory leak Thanks, Pavel
92. Improve current
station parsing and rendering. Thanks Thomas
93. Correct occasional partial "red" rendering of cm93 area objects.
94. Correct cm93 rendering with autofollow on at low speed (FS#449)(FS#470)
95. Correctly clean include/version.h (FS#443)
96. Implement F6 dimmer for linux
97. Correct Blue Paddle for AIS
Base stations (FS#453)
98. Correctly show ATON name in AIS
target list. (FS#447)
99. Correctly handle VDO messages in AIS stream. (FS#448)
100. Improve COG report on AIS target rollover (FS#425)
101. Implement selectable toolbar transparency at Toolbox->Etc.
102. Improve responsiveness of zooming quilted ENCs under Windows (FS#454)
103. Re-enable tide/current master station constituent cacheing in station_mru.dat
104. Remove unuseable entries from tide/current HARMONICS.IDX
105. Correct occasional crash on chart drag ab initio. (FS#405)
106. Increment PlugIn API version to 1.5
107. Correct occasional crash with cm93OffsetDialog open on program close. (FS#440)
108. Correct certain overzoom cm93 quilt scenarios (FS#461)
109. Refine F9 quilt toggle logic (FS#455)
110. Improve AIS AtoN data reporting. (FS#467)(FS#465)
111. Refactor source and build tree to enable build options like "cmake -DUSE_S57=OFF .." (FS#437)
112. Implement improved lat/lon parser (FS#462) Thanks Pavel
113. Considered and rejected (FS#331), AIS Buddies patch. Should be a PlugIn....
114. Correct typo error on AIS Ship type (FS#472)
115. Correct some memory leaks
on S57 ENC
ingest. (FS#476) Thanks, Gunther
116. Implement improved lat/lon display patch (FS#468) Thanks Pavel
117. Apply patch to allow user selectable colours for routes and tracks (FS#445), again Pavel
118. Implement new "Wheel-Zoom-to-Cursor" algorithm.
119. Correct AIS CPA logic for ownship COG undefined (FS#458)
120. Correct toolbar toggle states update (FS#485)
121. Implement full translation of AIS target information (FS#480)
122. Rework CMake script for Grib PlugIn to use system BZip2 libraries on linux
123. Implement AIS AtoN Extended name decoding (FS#466)
124. Prevent "Jump To" AIS targets in target list with invalid positions. (FS#464)
125. Refine AIS report format, removing "Recent Report Period" (FS#487)
126. Ensure ownship is drawn atop close AIS targets. (FS#431)
Release Beta Version 2.4.523
96. F6 dimmer support for linux uses xcalib utility.
Sorry about the flashing on increase of brightness.
This is due to the limited set of xcalib command line options.
Correct solution will require porting the guts of xcalib into OCPN.
101. Also, please note that on linux, if you want transparent effects on the toolbar
then you must install and enable some form of window manager compositing system.
106. All PlugIns will need to be rebuilt against the 1.5 API.
There is no functional change, just a version uptick for proper load verification.
113. Here is an opportunity for a PlugIn developer....
118. Latest iteration on WZTC. Try it....
Special thanks this time to Marco, for all his AIS exercising.
The AIS module is becoming pretty capable, thanks to his assistance (and persistence).
I also append the BSB4 Plugin, rebuilt for API 1.5.
Thanks, and Good Luck