Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2010, 01:08   #61
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norway
Boat: Alo 28, 29 feet
Posts: 13
This only happens if I have 2 screens attached.
One small internal on the laptop 1024x600 and one larger I think it was 1440x900.

I'll test some more later today.
__________________

__________________
finnarne is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 01:39   #62
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norway
Boat: Alo 28, 29 feet
Posts: 13
Tested at the office, where I use the same laptop, but with a 1600x1200 external screen.
If the laptop-screen is "top-alligned" with the external, opencpn starts fine, and displays the toolbox. But if I allign the laptop-screen with the bottom of the external, I get the bug.

Will try to look at the calculation of the toolbox later today.
__________________

__________________
finnarne is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 07:45   #63
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
I have a similar Garmin problem. My Garmin 76CSx worked fine with the last version, but can't be recognized with the new 2.3. It shows up on My Computer (Windows 7) fine (USB connection). The driver is there. Nothing has been changed. Under Tools, NMEA Data Source it just says "GARMIN" - I think before it listed the Garmin model?

Tried for 2 hours - what is the solution?

Thanks.

Russ
__________________
RussR is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 11:22   #64
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussR View Post
I have a similar Garmin problem. My Garmin 76CSx worked fine with the last version, but can't be recognized with the new 2.3. It shows up on My Computer (Windows 7) fine (USB connection). The driver is there. Nothing has been changed. Under Tools, NMEA Data Source it just says "GARMIN" - I think before it listed the Garmin model?

Tried for 2 hours - what is the solution?

Thanks.

Russ
A few users has reported this problem, and ... yes it is a bug.
It will, fingers crossed, be fixed in an upcoming bug-fix-release.

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 12:09   #65
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Until the bug is solved, where can I download an old version?

Russ
__________________
RussR is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 12:11   #66
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussR View Post
Until the bug is solved, where can I download an old version?

Russ
They are all available here: OpenCPN - Browse /opencpn at SourceForge.net.

Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline  
Old 29-12-2010, 14:07   #67
Marine Service Provider
 
bdbcat's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,877
Win7/Garmin

RussR, and others affected....

This is a problem with Win7 account permissions. Bitten again by UAC....

Quick solution: Run OpenCPN as Administrator, or Run in XP/SP3 compatibility mode.

Correct Fix: Coming in Version 2.3.1

Note: This may also affect Vista/Garmin users, as well.

Sorry for the aggravation factor....

Thanks
Dave
__________________
bdbcat is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 07:47   #68
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tortola
Posts: 700
Images: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
RussR, and others affected....

This is a problem with Win7 account permissions. Bitten again by UAC....

Quick solution: Run OpenCPN as Administrator, or Run in XP/SP3 compatibility mode.

Correct Fix: Coming in Version 2.3.1

Note: This may also affect Vista/Garmin users, as well.

Sorry for the aggravation factor....

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

Happy New Year to you.

2 questions, if I may. Firstly, I tried the fix above - no success with the hockey puck garmin, I'm sorry to report. I've yet to try it with the Garmin 60. But as the Garmin 60 appears to function pretty well, I'm inclined to leave things as they are!! Secondly, my OC Log is Huge! Pages of it! Should it all be kept? Or just the last session. I tried "blueing" a line and deleting but nothing happened. So, if I'm "allowed" to delete - is there any way of doing it?

Many thanks, Tony
__________________
bvimatelot is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 13:09   #69
Registered User
 
svpresent's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At the moment in the Spanish Ria's
Boat: Reinke, 15m, Present
Posts: 105
Happy holidays and a great new year to everybody.
My thanks and admiration for the team and Dave bdbcat in particular.

Had a nice sail yesterday from St. Georges to Clarks Courts Bay in Grenada and OpenCPN 2.3.0 under Windows 7 and with CM93 ed2 2009 led the way.

1. Look ahead doesn't work.
I noticed no difference between look ahead checked or unchecked. The boat sailed off the chart without the chart moving... Did I need to do something specific? Can I leave Chart Quilting on? I attached a screenprint. Btw, how do you insert an image. The icon only let's me specify an URL.

2. When following the route, the route manager doesn't get updated like would expect or like. Following the first leg, routemanager isn't reducing the remaining distance nor TTG. Instead it calculates the increasing distance to Wpt 1 and its bearing which isn't very interesting.

I put these in Flyspray but thought I'd put them here as well for comment.

Cheers, Len.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Look ahead.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	22380  
__________________
svpresent is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 13:20   #70
Senior Cruiser
 
idpnd's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Almerķa, ES
Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Posts: 1,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by svpresent View Post
2. When following the route, the route manager doesn't get updated like would expect or like. Following the first leg, routemanager isn't reducing the remaining distance nor TTG. Instead it calculates the increasing distance to Wpt 1 and its bearing which isn't very interesting
Hello Len, are you talking about automatic switching of waypoints? That would be nice but is not currently implemented. You have to switch waypoints manually when youre done with them
__________________
sv Libertalia
idpnd is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 13:44   #71
Registered User
 
svpresent's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At the moment in the Spanish Ria's
Boat: Reinke, 15m, Present
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
Hello Len, are you talking about automatic switching of waypoints? That would be nice but is not currently implemented. You have to switch waypoints manually when youre done with them
I guess I am.... thanks for the wake up call.
I'll remove the flyspray entry.

Cheers, Len.
__________________
svpresent is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 13:45   #72
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
svpresent
Regarding your #1
You have forgot to press "Auto Follow" (Red Boat) in the tool-bar.
This is apparent from your picture.
Thomas
__________________
cagney is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 13:53   #73
Registered User
 
svpresent's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At the moment in the Spanish Ria's
Boat: Reinke, 15m, Present
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
svpresent
Regarding your #1
You have forgot to press "Auto Follow" (Red Boat) in the tool-bar.
This is apparent from your picture.
Thomas
Thanks for the tip, Thomas, I'll remove the flyspray entry.
Well, that was a productive day...

Cheers, Len.
__________________
svpresent is offline  
Old 30-12-2010, 17:08   #74
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Comox, British Columbia
Boat: Hunter 34, Heart of Gold
Posts: 108
I down loaded the program and would really like to use it but can't seem to find compatible, free charts for Canadian waters, the West Coast in particular. Anyone know of any? Thanks, Ian
__________________
Heart of Gold is offline  
Old 31-12-2010, 02:09   #75
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: WNA
Boat: Dufour 35
Posts: 3,247
OpenCPN 2.3.1 bug fix release is out. See the new thread.
Time to close this thread.
Thomas
__________________

__________________
cagney is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wxWidgets Version 2.9 for OpenCPN (Experimental) bdbcat OpenCPN 8 06-06-2011 12:06
OpenCPN Version 2.2 Beta Test bdbcat OpenCPN 437 15-12-2010 20:17
OpenCPN Version 2.1.0 Beta bdbcat OpenCPN 1045 25-06-2010 11:09
OpenCPN Version 1.3.5 Beta Technical bdbcat OpenCPN 544 24-03-2010 11:34
OpenCPN Version 1.3.6 Release bdbcat OpenCPN 32 30-01-2010 06:07



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:14.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.