Old 22-09-2010, 13:10   #106

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Many thanks
The bug is confirmed
Jean Pierre

Old 22-09-2010, 14:12   #107

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Hello,

The observation of this bug gets me to notice that if the track was present in the file gpx, it is because I have used "Export all" with the order to the manager of waypoints.

But then also what finds themselves in the tracks, are exported, he is and in the routes, themselves he is also.

It is a shortage of agility of OpenCPN. Order "Export all" must only concern the mitre which is displayed when this order being used.
Same best, rather than to "Export all", I would like to preferably export the objects that I will have selected.

Cordially,

Gilletarom

--------------
En Français :

L'observation de ce bug m'amène à remarquer que si la trace était présente dans le fichier gpx, c'est parce que j'ai "Exporter tout" avec la commande du manager de waypoint.

Mais alors, on exporte aussi ce qui se trouve dans les traces, s'il y en a et dans les routes, s'il y en a aussi.

C'est un manque de souplesse de OpenCPN.

Il faut que la commande "Exporter tout" ne concerne que l'onglet qui est affiché au moment où on utilise cette commande.

Mieux même, plutôt que d'exporter tout, je voudrais, de préférence, exporter seulement les objets que j'aurai sélectionnés.

Cordialement

Gilletarom

Old 23-09-2010, 02:16   #108

Boat: Amel Sharki
Compiling for Mac OS X

I have a problem with compiling for Mac OS X.
In chart1.cpp is the following code at lines 2900 ff.:

/* Romoved at 2.2 build 710 for testing
#ifdef __WXOSX__
// RMS Problems with 2.8.3 on the mac and Destroy toolbar
//DestroyMyToolbar();
if (0 == m_toolBar)
{
m_toolBar = CreateAToolbar();
SetToolBar((wxToolBar *)m_toolBar);
}
#else
*/
DestroyMyToolbar();
m_toolBar = CreateAToolbar();
// SetToolBar((wxToolBar *)m_toolBar);
//#endif

The code maintainer mentioned here a problem with DestroyMyToolbar(), but the code works only when SetToolBar() is commented out as above. The now missing SetToolBar() results in hidding the upper part of a chart below the toolbar. For Mac compiling the wxMac-2.8.11 package has been used.

Any hints for solving this SetToolBar() problem are welcome.
Old 23-09-2010, 14:25   #109

too far into the leading edge

I'm trying to install 2.2.918 into Debian Lenny (which is the current stable release of Debian) and I can't get it to run. The system is up to date in all the requiered packages listed, and the OS tools in general. I mean, I did apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.

1) If installing package: after installing the debian package, when I run it I get:

opencpn: /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by opencpn)

The system version of that library is 2.7.

2) if I try to compile it, I can't. After downloading the sources with git, mkdir build, cmake ../, I get that I using a version of cmake that is too old: 2.6.0 instead of the required 2.6.2.

My comment is that it should be possible to compile or install opencpn on any GNU/Linux distro that is reasonably up to date, say the latest stable minus one. Even betas, because they could become the release version very soon.

I suggest we bring the tools and libraries requirements to a more common, reasonable level.

Old 23-09-2010, 14:55   #110

Have you tried: cmake --help
This command should give you some help I guess. I am not familiar with Debian, so it is a hint only. Perhaps there is a command man cmake also in your OS.
Old 23-09-2010, 15:43   #111

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpons View Post
I'm trying to install 2.2.918 into Debian Lenny (which is the current stable release of Debian) and I can't get it to run. The system is up to date in all the requiered packages listed, and the OS tools in general. I mean, I did apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.

1) If installing package: after installing the debian package, when I run it I get:

opencpn: /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by opencpn)

The system version of that library is 2.7.

2) if I try to compile it, I can't. After downloading the sources with git, mkdir build, cmake ../, I get that I using a version of cmake that is too old: 2.6.0 instead of the required 2.6.2.

My comment is that it should be possible to compile or install opencpn on any GNU/Linux distro that is reasonably up to date, say the latest stable minus one. Even betas, because they could become the release version very soon.

I suggest we bring the tools and libraries requirements to a more common, reasonable level.

My deb packages for the betas is always build against the latest released Ubuntu. I have changed the text, so that no hint is given that this is a Debian package, although there should not be any problems with "Debian-unstable".

Your only real problem is a very old version of Cmake. The current stable is 2.8.4, the previous stable was 2.6.2 and your version is even earlier, probably from early 2008. Would there be a problem for you to upgrade?

Also, check Antonm & Hamish efforts to develop a "proper" Debian version.
Remember thar 918 is a "bleeding" edge beta.
In a very short time we have in this forum seen posts about building problems in Puppy Linux, Fedora 13 and Debian Stable. I see this as good news,....we need users from as many distros as possible to sort out possible problems, and hopefully have binary packages for more Linuxes available.

Thomas
Old 23-09-2010, 15:55   #112

Compiling for Mac OS X

Thomas,

if you are one of the code maintainers can you please tell me who has inserted this lines in chart1.cpp and is responsible for?

/* Romoved at 2.2 build 710 for testing
#ifdef __WXOSX__
// RMS Problems with 2.8.3 on the mac and Destroy toolbar
//DestroyMyToolbar();

I really want to remove this bug.
Old 23-09-2010, 20:46   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
My deb packages for the betas is always build against the latest released Ubuntu. I have changed the text, so that no hint is given that this is a Debian package, although there should not be any problems with "Debian-unstable".
Too bad, I guess I won't be able to test betas.

Quote:
Your only real problem is a very old version of Cmake. The current stable is 2.8.4, the previous stable was 2.6.2 and your version is even earlier, probably from early 2008. Would there be a problem for you to upgrade?
The problem is the old infinite dance of missing dependencies. Even after I tricked all the CMakeList.txt to accept my version of cmake (2.6.0), I had other dependency problems. And you know that phukin around with GLIBC versions ends up always in tears.

Quote:
Also, check Antonm & Hamish efforts to develop a "proper" Debian version.
Remember thar 918 is a "bleeding" edge beta.
In a very short time we have in this forum seen posts about building problems in Puppy Linux, Fedora 13 and Debian Stable. I see this as good news,....we need users from as many distros as possible to sort out possible problems, and hopefully have binary packages for more Linuxes available.
Yet they will only tell you which ones fail to compile, not how it runs in their distro.

I don't know, maybe I'm outdated, but a big mantra for me was always to remove distro/version dependencies in sources. I'm also in the dark on why we use cmake instead of good old simple and reliable make, but I guess there must be a reasoning behind it.

Regards,

Diego
Old 24-09-2010, 07:15   #114
Marine Service Provider

Carcode.....

Lets work on the Mac question....Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac, so this will have to be a dialog.

First, is there a build problem if the comments are removed from

Code:
//DestroyMyToolbar();

??

Or is it a problem with

SetToolBar() ??

Or is it a runtime problem?

I know you have posted some dumps of the runtime crash. Lets look at that again, with more focus.

Thanks
Dave

Old 24-09-2010, 07:30   #115

Thanks Dave for the reply,

as you know I try to make a running Mac version. The user Mousse had make some usefull hints for me. He found the remarks about problems with function DestroyMyToolBar() in the source of chart1.cpp for Mac OS. But this function seems to run. What is crashing the executable was the function SetToolBar(), so it was commented out for Mac OS to be able to have a running Mac executable.

That means: Function DestryMyToolBar() is OK for Mac compiling but SetToolBar() is not.

Regarding and examining the sources further on, I found that function DestroyMyToolBar() was correctly declared in the sources but for SetToolBar() function I cannot find anything.

Could you please investigate the sources about SetToolBar() and give me some hints?

CarCode
Old 24-09-2010, 09:25   #116
Marine Service Provider

Carcode...

SetToolBar() is part of wxWidgets library. It is a standard system function existing on all platforms of wxWidgets.

So, it seems that the Mac version of wxWidgets crashes internally on SetToolBar().

Do you get any kind of crash log?

Dave
Old 24-09-2010, 10:56   #117

Dave,

there is no function SetToolBar() found in the wxWidget Mac version 2.8.11 which I have used. It might be an outdated function which is replaced by another function in later wxWidgets versions. But which one is a replacement?

I have checked the sources of wxWidgets for Mac and there is nothing about SetToolBar().

CarCode
Old 24-09-2010, 11:15   #118
Marine Service Provider

CarCode....

Hmmmm.....

I see in wxWidgets 2.8.8 source tree:

Code:
include/mac/carbon/frame.h:    virtual void SetToolBar(wxToolBar *toolbar);
That is the function declaration. Does your wxWidgets include files include anything like this at all?

Dave
Old 24-09-2010, 11:41   #119

Dave,

have had not found it with a quick grep.
Now this is the point to start debugging for me.

CarCode
Old 24-09-2010, 17:37   #120

2.2 Beta Build 918 install issue

Had an issue under windows 7 where 2.2 Beta Build 918 would not run after install. Nor would it run after deinstall and reinstall. It took deleting the remaining contents of the previous beta from the x86 opencpn directory. Seems 2.2 Beta Build 918 wants a completely clean install.

kk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: