Hello All Testers....
OpenCPN Beta Version 2.2.808 is now available for download and testing
12. Improve Cmake scripts to reduce build artifacts in source tree.
13. Correct fault occurring when GRIB dialog is open on application close. (FS#11)
14. Correct Mac Quitting flag inconsistency.
15. Correct Mac GPSD include file "policy_t" typedef collision
16. Correct fault on delete track/route/waypoint while RouteManagerDialog is open (FS#26)
17. Do not show route
segment rollover if the route is invisible. (FS#6)
18. Do not show chart bar context menu ""Remove this chart from quilt" unless in quilting mode. (FS#24)
19. Update celestial navigation
20. Integrate Dashboard PlugIn prototype.
21. Implement Waypoint visible/invisible toggle in RouteManagerDialog (FS#21)
22. Shift Windows build process to MS VS2008, using VC90 Toolset and NSIS installer
23. Correct file location error found using azimuth sight in celestial navigation
24. Implement Garmin
GRMN(Host) mode for waypoint and route uploading.
25. Improve Windows installer package for correct language support, shortcuts, etc. Thanks, Gunther.
26. Correct default values for GPX import
of waypoints with no symbol specified in GPX file. (FS#20)
27. Correct UserIcons load directory (FS#43)
28. Correct Route Activate in RouteManagerDialog to use "best" routepoint to start. (FS#7)
29, Correct crash when alternately deleting routes and tracks in RouteManagerDialog. (FS#10)
30 Correct crash on deleting the "virtual" mark created during Route->Activate. (FS#8)
31. Correct bug losing all tracks after deleting one route or track. (FS#9)
32. Correct mark name rendering after change in MarkProp dialog. (FS#36)
33. Correct redraw of mark after Cancel in MarkProp dialog. (FS#35)
34. Correct Toolbox->Language to allow only those languages actually available for opencpn. (FSFeature #19)
35. Correct AIS
and Route segment rollover window display near right side and bottom on screen
36. Correct Rollover multiline text rendering for MSW platforms. (FS#4,5)
General Note: Thanks to all for the Flyspray bug/feature tracker use. It makes my life easier, at least when I have a good internet
access. Note the (FS#??) notations in the Changelog.
24. The most significant feature enhancement of this Beta. If you are a Garmin
user, please see the related thread on the forum. Also please note that GARMIN native USB devices are not (yet) supported for waypoint and route uploading. This Beta supports serial
Garmin GPSs, whether or not interfaced to the PC via a USB/Serial converter. There are hundreds of Garmin models out there, and I expect quirks.
Open items for discussion:
a. Still looking for a Mac build maintainer for the project. If you are interested, let me know. The Mac port is in pretty good shape, I think, but I have no way to build, test, and upload a package for Beta download.
b. RouteManagerDialog crashes on Win7 64 bit. Dunno why. We need a developer type with VS2008 installed on Win7/64 to do some building and tracing/debugging. Anybody like to give this a try? We can walk you through it....
c. Many thanks to Gunther (Netsurfer) for taking on the Windows installer maintenance
role. He is continuing the refinement of the installer script, and managing the final build and upload of the Beta Windows installers. Thanks, Gunther!
Thanks, and good luck testing