v 2.2.1124 beta, Windows Vista
Excercised the GARMIN/USB interface w/ GPS
1. The synchronization with NMEA
source on power up and power cycle down/up is OK - it never failed.
2. After physical disconnect of USB resync never succeeded, also after setting GPS=none, then GPS=GARMIN. Restart of OCPN necessary.
GPSUtility also does not survive this, even app restart does not help.
EasyGPS works OK.
Sigh... Serial/USB converters usually allow easy reconnecting.
3. Sending routes/WPs to GARMIN
in Host mode over USB does not work for me (no errors signalled, but rte/wp does not arrive to GPS).
does crash often on program exit (reminds me of the crashes I could not reproduce in 1111 after missed resync). Some likely scenarios (but none 100% reproducible):
i) clean install, set charts
, set GRMN/HOST mode, set GPS=GARMIN, set GPS=none, import
, send to GPS
mode, set GPS=GARMIN, exit
ii) if the above will not crash, restart OCPN, delete the still visible route
iii) a couple of times it was enough to set GPS=GARMIN, set GPS=none, set GPS=GARMIN, exit
resync always OK, crash occurs on exiting (logfiles attached)
case ia) was: clean install, set charts
, set GRMN/HOST mode, import
a route, send to GPS in GARMIN mode, set GPS=GARMIN, exit
Other GPS/USB related observations:
- when I set the NMEA
source to "none", the log shows "AIS(shared)", after shutdown/restart OCPN comes back with "AIS(shared)", not "none" as selected
- attempted transfer of data to GPS over USB looks very slow, compared to how other software
- uninstall not always removes the link on the Desktop
- GPS 72H does not work across an octopus USB hub
- NMEA stream window does not work with GARMIN/USB connection
Thanks for the Beta! I look forward for the release!