Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 10:45   #886

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptizef View Post
Hi

I noticed this problem , following the opencpn.org user's manual procedure :
When the mark is just under the boat , the context menu don't propose "Set Anchor Watch" . I have to move the point to a certain distance from the boat to get this menu
shot AW-1 : The Anchor mark is just under the boat : No menu "Set Anchor Watch"
shot AW-2 : I have moved the mark to a certain distance but still no menu
shot AW-3 : I have moved the mark a little bit far away : now I have the menu and I can set the Anchor Watch

A request : Could it be possible to have a function key (Ctrl/a or Ctrl/w ? ) to create directly a special mark just under the boat as the "man over board" but with Anchor as icon and a default value for the distance ?

regards
Jean Pierre
The anchor watch can for sure be improved.
I can't repeat Ptizef's error, I wonder if this is a Win problem. As soon as I can see part of the mark under the boat and can put the cursor on it, the "Set Anchor Watch" item comes up in the menu.

Thomas
Old 15-06-2010, 11:11   #887
Marine Service Provider

Jpiebrig....

Are you using gpsd? libgps? serial port? linux/windows?

Thanks
Dave
Old 15-06-2010, 11:18   #888

Dave,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04, gpsd 2.94-2, libgps19 2.94-2 and a USB/serial interface (2303 Prolific).

Jean-Pierre
Old 15-06-2010, 11:29   #889

I can add that I have the same "problem" as Ptizef with anchor alarm : if the mark is under the boat there is no "Set anchor watch" in the menu. The mark need to be more or less far from 10 m of the boat (overzoom to see) to see "Set anchor watch" in the menu.
Sure it is a little lack, but I will never put less than 10 m of chain to anchor...

I agree with him for a special mark.

Jean-Pierre
Old 15-06-2010, 12:01   #890
Marine Service Provider

jpiebrig....

This seems to be a problem with libgps. We are still looking into this issue.
It seems that libgps does not correctly report the GPS status when unplugged. Opencpn follows the recommended protocol for libgps....

We are looking for an open source program that uses the most modern libgps for comparison.

Dave
Old 15-06-2010, 12:20   #891

Boat: Flush Poker, 8.25m (Point Barre)
AIS Target Rollover enhancement

A new one for today:

The AIS Target Rollover can barely be seen. The only visible info is ShipName&Type if available, MMSI elseway.

Here's an enhanced version: up to three lines are displayed, if appropriate, depending on availability of data.
1st: ShipName MMSI CallSign
2nd: SOG COG
3rd: CPA TCPA

Note: The vessel type is not displayed but it was with the previous version. I can add it again if required.

Technical:
The background is semi-transparent (alpha blending) Dave, I took the RoutePoint:rawTransparentBox from src/navutil.cpp:1028 but slightly changed for better transparency. It might be mixed in a single function/library

You can revert to simple gray background, I left that code in my patch. Then the AlphaBlending is no more required.

The AISroWin class is defined in src/chcanv.cpp & include/chcanv.h it might be moved to include/ais.h & src/ais.cpp to cleanup the code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opencpn-aistargetrollover.png
Views:	729
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	17082  
Attached Files
File Type: doc opencpn-aistargetrollover.diff.doc (7.6 KB, 65 views)
Old 15-06-2010, 12:26   #892

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpiebrig View Post
I can add that I have the same "problem" as Ptizef with anchor alarm : if the mark is under the boat there is no "Set anchor watch" in the menu. The mark need to be more or less far from 10 m of the boat (overzoom to see) to see "Set anchor watch" in the menu.
Sure it is a little lack, but I will never put less than 10 m of chain to anchor...

I agree with him for a special mark.

Jean-Pierre
With real over zooming, I find the same thing as you, somewhere just under 10, and the anchor watch is not in the menu anymore.
Consider this a basic built in safety measure, maybe this should be increased.
Probably Pjotr have had some problems with other boats on a to short scope!!

Thomas
Old 15-06-2010, 13:34   #893
Marine Service Provider

Sethdart....

Nice code patch, and maybe we can include something like it on the 2.1.2 Maintenance release in a few weeks. I consider 2.1.0 to be Feature Frozen....

If you can remember, please resubmit your patch after the 2.1.0 release. It will get lost this week....

BTW, the reason for the limited info in the rollover is this:
IMHO, all you really need in real time is the name of the target in order to make the radio call for passing agreement. The rest is interesting, but busy.

Thanks
Dave
Old 15-06-2010, 13:40   #894

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Ais target rollover patch

Hi SethDart

The patch for AIS Target Rollover enhancement doesn't work for me
(see shot attached)
regards
Jean Pierre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ais-1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	17087  
Old 15-06-2010, 14:47   #895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptizef View Post
The patch for AIS Target Rollover enhancement doesn't work for me
I just tested with a clean CVS version. It works for me:
Code:
$ patch -p0 <../opencpn-aistargetrollover.diff.doc 
patching file include/chcanv.h
patching file include/ais.h
patching file src/chcanv.cpp
patching file src/ais.cpp
Are you in sync with the latest CVS? I see a 0 (zero) in your command that should not be here (at least if patch behave the same on windows)
Code:
patch -p0 0<aistargetrollover.diff
should be
Code:
patch -p0 <aistargetrollover.diff
Old 15-06-2010, 14:50   #896

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
I've taken the liberty of proposing an opinion survey for AIS rollover data
Old 15-06-2010, 14:57   #897

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Nice code patch, and maybe we can include something like it on the 2.1.2 Maintenance release in a few weeks. I consider 2.1.0 to be Feature Frozen....

If you can remember, please resubmit your patch after the 2.1.0 release. It will get lost this week....
Fine, I'll do so. Then I'll focus on bugfixes. Did you fix the empty chartdir bug I found a few days ago (confirmed by Thomas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
BTW, the reason for the limited info in the rollover is this:
IMHO, all you really need in real time is the name of the target in order to make the radio call for passing agreement. The rest is interesting, but busy.
Well the info shown in my patch comes from a screenshot of another application (I don't even remember witch one) The basic was about adding a background, either a solid colour or this AlphaBlending version. This make the info easier to read on a busy chart location. While thinking about it, IMHO the MMSI & CallSign can be usefull as well (MMSI for DSC call, CallSign are sometime used as well)
Old 15-06-2010, 15:36   #898

i18n not working

Now that we've switched to cmake, changing language doesn't work anymore. I talked about this here: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post439759

cmake install mo file as locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES/opencpn.mo
but OpenCPN tries to load locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES/opencpn_$lang.mo

So either change in CMakeLists.txt:489
Code:
- INSTALL(FILES ${_gmoFile} DESTINATION ${PREFIX_DATA}/locale/${_lang}/LC_MESSAGES RENAME ${PACKAGE_NAME}.mo)
+ INSTALL(FILES ${_gmoFile} DESTINATION ${PREFIX_DATA}/locale/${_lang}/LC_MESSAGES RENAME ${_poBasename}.mo)
Or in src/chart1.cpp:1032
Code:
- wxString loc_lang_filename = _T("opencpn_") + loc_lang_canonical;
+ wxString loc_lang_filename = _T("opencpn");
I vote for #2 to match Unix standard behavior but I guess it breaks Windows ability to use locale files.
Old 15-06-2010, 15:52   #899

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Ais target rollover patch

Hi SethDart

Patch finally worked
Built without problem , run fine
result in shots attached with some small problems (course unity , not visible if target near side of the screen)
If applied , would need some minor improvements
regards
Jean Pierre
Old 15-06-2010, 16:39   #900

Quilting issue

Hi,

Using RC613a there is still an issue with quilting, if I turn it on viewing C93 charts, then go to NZ23 (which is mercator projection, not transverse mercator..at least it's labelled as such) then go back to CM93 quilting is off.

This appears to happen whenever I switch from vector to the NZ georeferenced converted LINZ charts.

One question, what happened to the text display, top right, of the Chart name you were viewing? Also there used to be a graphic preview window open when you hovered over one of the chart buttons at the bottom, now there's just a box giving text details?

And one last thing...I know this isn't the place for it but it might get more visibility here..a fervent plea for a user selectable console window showing lat/lon, SOG, COG, Eta to waypoint and TTG. I know the mission for OpenCPN is a simple uncluttered display, but not all of us have other nav instruments displaying this info. I used to have a big cat with a full nav setup, OpenCPN would be fine as it is on that, but now I have a small yacht and the only nav instrument apart from a compass is my laptop running OpenCPN. NavmonPC isn't the solution as it's clumsy to have to move between two windows, surely a user selectable console (with size, font selectable) would be a great addition for those of us with simple setups? The info at the bottom of the screen is just too small to be easily seen..nav information at a glance is key when helming........

Here's hoping....
Closed Thread