Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:01   #106

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethDart View Post
Here's a patch, required to compile here (Fedora):
Psyches et al., would you perhaps consider uploading this to CVS as sf.net is full of bug reports as well..
Old 04-04-2010, 04:12   #107

Boat: Dufour 35
Dave

Have a look at the attached pic.
The cm93 chart is at 1:80.8 million and the zoom on this Z chart is 0.25. If I click on the Galapagos Islands, so they become centered and a blue raster chart-bar appears next to the yellow cm93 bar, the CM93 chart disappears and the screen becomes all gray. If I then zoom in to the next level, zoom = 0.5, the cm93 displays alright again. This is repeatable, and works the same if I test with other raster-charts in another area.
Also note the blue horizontal line just to the South of NZ.
This only shows up in the cm93 Z-scale chart, and disappears when zooming in to an A-scale chart.

Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cm.png
Views:	210
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	14724  
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05   #108

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331
Thomas,
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post

Have a look at the attached pic.
The cm93 chart is at 1:80.8 million and the zoom on this Z chart is 0.25. If I click on the Galapagos Islands, so they become centered and a blue raster chart-bar appears next to the yellow cm93 bar, the CM93 chart disappears and the screen becomes all gray. If I then zoom in to the next level, zoom = 0.5, the cm93 displays alright again. This is repeatable, and works the same if I test with other raster-charts in another area.
Also note the blue horizontal line just to the South of NZ.
This only shows up in the cm93 Z-scale chart, and disappears when zooming in to an A-scale chart.
seems to be the same problem as I reported already in my posts (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post428206 and http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...tml#post429170)

Always nice to see that people are reading and responding to reported problems.

As far as I could narrow down the problem, it seems to be
  • Windows specific (idpnd told me not having this problem under Linux)
  • CM93 specific
  • appearing only at zoom levels smaller than 0.5x
It is of little consolation that I am not the only one having this problem.

Gunther
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsurfer View Post
Thomas,

Always nice to see that people are reading and responding to reported problems.

As far as I could narrow down the problem, it seems to be
  • Windows specific (idpnd told me not having this problem under Linux)

Gunther
Great Gunther, you probably have the same problem as I have , otherwise you would have noticed that I'm on Linux.

Thomas
Old 04-04-2010, 05:30   #110

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Great Gunther, you probably have the same problem as I have , otherwise you would have noticed that I'm on Linux.
You are so right ..., just overlooked it.
Sorry for that.

So it is not Windows specific (and I am now wondering why idpnd does not have the problem?).

Any suggestions what to test or try out to limit the problem?

Gunther
Old 04-04-2010, 06:04   #111

Ehem! Apparently I never zoom out that far.

I get the following interesting result without any BSBs and with quilting turned off. If I pan about a bit, I also get a "no charts" effect (see below).

Haven't got many raster charts and no galapagos ones so can't really reproduce the blue line you got there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	14725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-1.png
Views:	188
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	14726  

Old 04-04-2010, 08:44   #112

AIS speed interpretation bug

AIS report type 1,2,3 (class A report) definition : Speed over ground is in 0.1-knot resolution from 0 to 102 knots. value 1023 indicates speed is not available, value 1022 indicates 102.2 knots or higher.

OpenCPN 1.3.6 (and later) does not interpret value 1023 correctly, displaying speed of 102.3 knots.

In this case NavMonPC shows speed of 0, Euronav Seapro3000 shows speed "invalid".

Piotr

P.S. Well, I wanted a ship moving fast through the anchorage, so I have found it . It's a real case one mile from where I am!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01   #113

Hi folks,

I can't find the explanation why the route plot on CM93/2 2009 in OpenCPN 1.3.6 is completly moved cca 0,2Nm to the west on the same charts in OpenCPN 2.1.0.

The sample is in Croatia nearby the Sukosan, the passage between Ugljan and Pasman Islands.

It seems according to the frames for more detailed plans around the passage that the background charts image is moved east in 2.1.0 ... I made the test route nearby Le Havre, France and here is no difference between 1.3.6 and 2.1.0.

For sake of good order I get the same result on desktop and the notebook ...

Any idea what can be wrong ???

Cheers
Vladimir
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CPN136.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	14730   Click image for larger version

Name:	CPN210.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	14731  

Old 04-04-2010, 17:42   #114

Boat: Phantom 19
The offset is actually 0.22 miles if it helps anything. What makes me wonder is that the G chart in Vladimir's report looks positioned well but the one with my track is offset at the same zoom level. The offset is the same for all the charts and zoom levels - the place is actually 150 miles SE from Pasman and charts probably originating from the same data.
All the raster charts I was using there were positioned correctly and there was no problem.

Pavel
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cmap_offset_210.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	14733  
Old 05-04-2010, 00:10   #115

Interesting! I get an offset of approx 0.2 nm west at certain zoom levels - see below for levels. It also occurs one zoom level above the offset one ("0.64x scale 68600"), but never when zooming out further that than, and certainly not at the overzoom levels as with nohal above..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot-2.png
Views:	241
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	14739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-3.png
Views:	180
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	14740  

Old 06-04-2010, 06:46   #116

Boat: 10.50 mètres
Hello,
OpenCPN 2.1.331

I speed the button to center up the boat.
Using the chart ENC USA 1GC09M.000, I place the boat by 25° 00,000 N and 81° 00,000 W.
I use now the chart: BSB U.S.A. RNC411411.1.KAP The boat moves light. And then, if I place the cursor on the white point which is at the center of the boat, the position of the cursor is then: 24° 59,088 N and 81° 00,170 W

However, according to this BSB chart it is in WGS 84 datum 1983.

Why this difference of L and l ?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33   #117

Boat: Flush Poker, 8.25m (Point Barre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
Psyches et al., would you perhaps consider uploading this to CVS as sf.net is full of bug reports as well..
I uploaded a patch to SF.net a few minutes ago (unified diff, thanks HamishB) and replied to the opened bug report.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:19   #118

As far as I can see, OpenCPN now only handles gps receivers with a baud rate of 4800 or 38400 (nmea.cpp). If a receiver has a different rate it defaults to 4800. This doesn't always work. There is a need to handle 9600 as well as there seems to be some gps receivers that are rigidly set to this value. Se this post for example.

Thomas
Old 06-04-2010, 10:30   #119

Boat: Tartan 30 - Bluegrass
Send a message via Yahoo to Psyches Send a message via Skype™ to Psyches
Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
idpnd, SethDart, I'll try to put in cvs as soon as I can - may be a few days still...haven't had much time to track the forum, nor upload latest source, and I need to do it from home in the 30 min I have between work and bed :-)

Mark

P.S. SethDart, can you PM me with your sf.net post? The only one I see has locale build changes, not core code changes that idpnd was referring to.
Old 06-04-2010, 16:24   #120
Marine Service Provider

331 Bug Reports

Hello all testers!

Safely arrived Beaufort on passage from Bahamas. Underway, I used Build 331,quilted and rotated, with new rtofs gribs. Stable so far....

Lots of discussion to catch up on. I'll hit some of it here:

1. cm93 quilting: Please understand that cm93 quilting is UNIMPLEMENTED so far. cm93 without any raster charts present in quilt mode looks and acts just like single-chart-mode (SCM). On my list for this release. Still designing....

2. cm93 buoy symbology: Many specific buoy types are symbolized as generic symbols taken from S52 Presentation Library standards. Its fiddly work to design and code symbology for different ATONs, and low priority for now.

3. Down arrow bug: acknowledged, thanks.

4. Bug on Delete Track from TrackProperties dialog: I will investigate. Changelog #38 was supposed to fix this. Sigh...

5. SENC crashing on quilting fixed: Oops, this fix fell off the Changelog. I think it was part of #30.....

6. Bad Makefile.am for new Russian and Czech language support. Acknowledged. I sometimes move too fast for my own good. I'll fix this ASAP.

7. if I select <AIS INPUT=NONE>, the ShowAIS icon should not be visible anymore. Agreed. Thanks, Pjotr.

8. Route Properties dialog, especially under Windows, is clearly broken. On the list...Any windows programmers out there?

9. NetSurfer comments on GPX import (#90): I believe generic GPX Track and Route import from the Toolbar works OK now, with reasonable defaults specified for the opencpn extensions if not found. Could interested users test this again, please? Do we need to change the default selection for waypoint icons? If this is OK, we will move on to RouteProperties debug....

10. More comments on Will's "North-Up" icon? (#103). Looks nice, but I dunno...I had to really search to find it. Seems a little too subtle for me....Comments?

11. cm93 Z scale at very high underzoom has some problems. Acknowledged. Will research...

12. cm93 offset at some locations, some scales. This is related to Changelog #31. I will look at the locations mentioned in the Forum. Thanks.

13. AIS target speed/status discussion: I await a concensus. PjotrC, could you drive this ahead, please, perhaps as a separate thread?

Well, that's enough for now. Thanks again for all your test efforts. We're getting better all the time....

I should be online fairly steadily now that I am back in the "old country". Thanks for your patience while I was out playing around.....

Dave
Closed Thread