Version 2.1.0 Beta Build 527a is ready for download:
Note the new link:
132. Correct Depth
unit indicator in quilt mode.
133. Correct for chart skew values of both polarities.
134. Update chart info window for S57 ENCs.
135. Implement NMEA
136. New Icons, thanks Will.
137. Correct quilt logic in Course-Up mode.
138. Correct StackUp/StackDown tool logic for quilting.
139. Correct for "Meters and decimeters" display
140. Correct RouteManager "To" field contents update.
141. Final icons
142. Add "Start/End" tags to GPX route/track output files
143. Save "viz/inviz" tag on GPX Routes and Tracks
144. Switch back to low definition on Course-Up chart rotation.
145. Implement CourseUp/NorthUp toggle by clicking on compass
146. Implement support for newest gpsd library functions in linux
---Release Beta 527a---
144. We needed to switch back to low-res rotation model for performance reasons, especially for toolbar access. This is an opportunity for improvement.....
145. Standard north-up icon is blue in color. Derived from the red icon. Course-up mode or skewed charts
show the previous red icon, rotated appropriately. Clicking on the icon itself toggles between Course-up and North-up (or natural-up for skewed charts
users now have the most modern gpsd libary support. If the library is available, the config process will detect it and link appropriately. Please test if you can. I think we will have some version dependency problems to iron out.
cmake: linux users are encouraged to move away from automake/autoconf tools and toward cmake. Auto-tool scripts will not be maintained on CVS after this release, and will be removed in due course.
i18n: Final .pot and .po files are available on CVS server. Please email
your updates to me directly, email
address in the toolbox->authors tab. I'll integrate is I get them checked in. With the new cmake process, I plan to remove the .mo files from the CVS server, since they are a make product.
debian: linux users are encouraged to build and test the .deb package from the cmake scripts. $make package I plan for this .deb package to be the one uploaded to sourceforge for general download on this release. I suspect there may be dependency problems yet on this......
This is really the last call for annoying but easy to fix bugs. I consider Build 527a to be a Release Candidate.....
Thanks for all your interest and feedback