Status 5/16 0300GMT:
1. Gaea crash: duplicated, problem found. This happens if you try to quilt in an area where there are no charts available at all. Easy fix, requires rebuild
and new Beta.
Workarounds: a. Stay in single
chart mode unless there is at least one chart available as indicated by the chart bar.
b. Add cm93 charts, so that there is always a small scale backup chart available.
c. or, add a very small scale world (or Europe) BSB
chart to your chart directories as a backup. Anybody got a nice one?
Brings up an old idea: Anybody want to try to download and convert a low resolution version of BlueMarble to a BSB
2. Gilletarom: The small red symbol indicates that the chart is skewed with respect to north-up.
3. Ptizef Crash Post 443: Cannot reproduce yet. Added protection code anyway....Have you seen it again? I did reproduce it if I clicked on a chart bar while the database rebuild
was actually in process. I fixed this....
4. idpnd Post 430: Cagney is correct. Tmerc and Merc charts cannot quilt together without reprojecting one or the other.
I'm beginning to think that we may have to abandon TMerc quilting for this release. There are significant fundamental cartographic problems here.
Also, please amplify on your comment: "It doesn't seem to quilt at all under BSB". Quilting of Mercator BSBs seems to be working elsewhere.....
5. Cagney Post 432: Rotation: I was afraid of this. We are trying high fidelity rendering on the rotation to course-up, and it takes a lot of CPU bandwidth. I'll look at this some more....
6 Cagney Post 434: "In quilt mode your options when right clicking on a mark are limited. The option "Remove this chart from quilting" in quilt-mode, replaces the three options "Delete Mark", "Mark/Wpt properties" and "Delete all Waypoints" in normal mode. A bug I suppose...?" This is probably a georef problem on the chart clicked. The mark is not being found under the cursor. Does it always happen, on all charts?
7. Ptizef Post 433: Crash after moving a waypoint, then RouteManager route
delete, and then right-clicking near where the route was. Exactly right circumstances, easily repeatable. Fixed.
8. Toolbar Tracking icon does not show selected state correctly. Yep.... Fixed.....
I plan to collect and fix a few more bugs before another quick Beta in a couple of days.
Here is a question for Windows users:
Is the toolbox display slow to appear? We have had some reports of up to 25 second delay....I think it may be due to the fact that by default we now look for up to 32 Windows COM ports
on entry to the dialog. This may be slow on some machines.
This parameter can be adjusted by config entry:
I am curious if this has any sensible affect.
Now is the time to get your ideas about basic functionality into the mix, because we are coming to Feature Freeze very soon now.
That's my day's work.....
Thanks a lot, guys!
p.s. can someone point me to the discussion regarding Austrian ENCs with multiple layered .000 files (or something like that). I lost
my notes on this...