Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2010, 07:52   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfjoe View Post
3. Add green conical(nun) buoy symbol to Presentation Library.
--> As you can see in the attachement, there are some more buoys which are not shown correctly (cylindrical, barrel, super-buoy, spherical, <one undefined>, conical)
This point could be related to this bug : s52plib .
I have no mean to check this for now but I will as soon as possible.

Did you try to compare the rendering of these charts with another software (MaxSea, for example) ?

Jean-Pascal
Old 30-03-2010, 09:13   #32

Boat: Najad391
Thanks for the new update
Installed on a computer with Windows7 and no problems
but
installed on a laptop with OS, XP home and the program will not start and all ends with the pop up to give MS an error message. Have to go back to 1.3.6 and all work again. Anyone have an idea what to do next?

Quilting and CM93 is a problem. This is why openCPN will crach, se above.
Old 30-03-2010, 09:37   #33

Boat: Dufour 35
No problem in latest CVS to creat SENC:s with gpsd running.
Consistent crash, however, when trying to create SENC files with quilting on(S57 and CM93 ticked, but not raster).
Same thing if I hit F9 while converting in non-quilt mode.
Tested both with gps/gpsd running, and without, no difference.
For true quilting with S57 the user must be sure that all charts are initialized (SENC:s created), seems to me that this calls for an option of batch-conversion.

PS. I like the anchor watch function. Thanks Pjotr. Showing meter in the measurement tool, if distance is below 1 cable is also very useful.

Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enc1.png
Views:	230
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	14579  
Old 30-03-2010, 10:00   #34

Boat: vd Stadt 44, Ben the Boat
Great TTG for the route in the route manager! Would it be possible to calculate the estimated time on the leg?

Feature request. Define the plan speed per leg
Old 30-03-2010, 10:38   #35

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 331
Hi,

first of all thanks for the new version - a step forward is always a good thing!

I have tried to install the build 328 (didn't compile from CVS - would be great, if someone could write a brief tutorial, how to do this ).

First problem:
OCPN crashes on startup. I had to remove the old settings from /AppData/Roaming/opencpn (Win 7 32Bit).

Second problem (no quilting activated):
When zooming out (to zoomlevel 0.25x) and trying to move the map by holding down the left mouse button, things went terrible wrong (see screenshot).

Another thing that came to my attention is that the cool 3D effect of the toolbar buttons has gone.

Routemanager:
The routemanager does (nearly) not work at all. I have tried to import a short route that I have created with the previous version (1.3.6) and exported. When opening the RM the only button which is enabled is the import button. So I imported the route. Sometimes it is shown on the map - sometimes not (couldn't figure out yet what it depends on). But still only the Import button is enabled, even when closing and reopening the RM. Needs some further investigation.

Zoom in:
Map is loosing the center position when zooming in. Sometimes it is very hard to find the desired position espacially at higer zoom levels.

MOB:
An icon for the MOB function is still missing - it's a shame!
And one of the points most user from the German community complain about.

CPA/TCPA Alerts:
AFAIS the is no sound (wav file) selected by default, although you can check the 'Play sound on ...' checkbox.
I think there are some other features in the config-section which have to be (or should be) en-/disabled depending on other config settings.

That is only my first impression after a short/ quick view at the new version.

BTW: Does anybody know if this version is compatible with the current version of wxWidgets 2.9.0 or does it still need version 2.8.0?

Gunther

I have only CM93 charts used for testing without any of the quilting options checked.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ocpn2.1.0_001.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	14580  
Old 30-03-2010, 11:08   #36
Marine Service Provider

Initial Crash on Windows

Netsurfer....

Trying to debug your first issue...
Crashing on previous opencpn.ini file:

If I understand correctly, the last opencpn.ini file created by Version 1.3.6 under Win7 causes 2.1.0 328 to crash immediately on the first run after installation. Is this so?

If so, could you recreate the problem by re-installing 1.3.6, running it for a bit, and then installing 2.1.0 and verifying the crash? Then, if possible, please send me the opencpn.ini which causes 2.1.0 328 to crash, and I will investigate with debugger.

Kind of fiddly work, but I will appreciate it...
Thanks
Dave
Old 30-03-2010, 16:03   #37

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
Hi Dave ,

Great version , thanks for that

My first tests
1) With XP on a net book Aton N270
when enabling quilting and selecting CM93 , opencpn crashes
This doesn't occur with Vista
2) at small scale , quilting seams not working : see screen shots attached . The two are different only by a small chart moving to left/right
3)when using CM93 (without quilting) opencpn do not save scale when exiting and restart at the smaller scale available (1/20000000)
If quilting enabled (only possible with Vista , see point 1) it's OK
Jean Pierre
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cpn1 (Custom).bmp (365.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: bmp cpn2 (Custom).bmp (365.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 30-03-2010, 17:03   #38
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Mine has been on constantly for the last 30 hours and 108 slllllow miles into 25 to 30kts headwinds up the Gulf of Suez.

The program works fine on Win7

But there is an annoyance in that Nicolle lets the computer sleep or hibernate sometimes and the track doesnt continue, plus the previous track then comes up in purple not red. I like the red as the purple is the same color as a shipping lane.

I would like an option to have the track permanelty on.

I don't have a good internet connection so can't send you a screenshot now.

BTW the track before I upgraded is a really thick solid red line zoomed out and looks great! New track is thin again

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 30-03-2010, 17:09   #39
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Mine has been on constantly for the last 36 hours and 108 slllllow miles into 25 to 30kts headwinds up the Gulf of Suez.

The program works fine on Win7

But there is an annoyance in that Nicolle lets the computer sleep or hibernate sometimes and the track doesnt continue, plus the previous track then comes up in purple not red. I like the red as the purple is the same color as a shipping lane.

I would like an option to have the track permanently on.

BTW the track before I upgraded is a really thick solid red line zoomed out and looks great! New track is thin again

Some people doing long cruises would love to have their complete track. I know some doing circumnavs love the idea of it. A whole globe with one nice red line around it.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 30-03-2010, 20:56   #40

Boat: Formerly Fuji 32 Ketch
AIS display of anchored vessels

GREAT NEW FEATURES!THANKS!!!

I've been doing some testing of the AIS display while in my berth (the boat's .. not mine ).

With the AIS settings shown in ais0.jpg I get the display with anchored boats having a blue 'ball' (but shouldn't it be black?),

However there are some that are anchored and the 'ball' doesn't appear as shown in ais1.jpg and ais2.jpg.

Terry

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ais0.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	14605   Click image for larger version

Name:	ais1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	14606  

Name:	ais2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	14607  
Old 30-03-2010, 21:00   #41

Boat: Privilege 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla View Post
[With the AIS settings shown in ais0.jpg I get the display with anchored boats having a blue 'ball' (but shouldn't it be black?)
That blue dot actually indicates Class B AIS. Not sure about what an anchored boat should look like, as I haven't tried out the new version with AIS yet.
Old 30-03-2010, 21:10   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotte View Post
That blue dot actually indicates Class B AIS. Not sure about what an anchored boat should look like, as I haven't tried out the new version with AIS yet.
Didn't have that information and made an assumption.

But then we have another problem. As shown on the image ais3.jpg this is a Class A vessel as well as the others (ais1.jpg and ais2.jpg).

Terry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ais3.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	14608  
Old 30-03-2010, 21:18   #43

Now with the settings shown in ais4.jpg (I've checked the box "Suppress anchored/moored targets", there are anchored vessels that get displayed, as shown in ais5.jpg.

Tweaking time
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ais4.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	14609   Click image for larger version

Name:	ais5.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	14610  

Old 31-03-2010, 00:16   #44

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef
tests ongoing ...

Hi Dave
1)back to my post #37 point 1
this process works without crash
: open toolbox tab settings , select CM93 and enable quilting , go to charts tab WITHOUT EXITING , then click "OK"
2)route manager doesn't work properly :
-No function available for the routes
-Tracks and routes are blended
see screen shot :

regards
Jean Pierre
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	opencpn.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	14613  
Old 31-03-2010, 00:22   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

I would like an option to have the track permanently on.

Some people doing long cruises would love to have their complete track. I know some doing circumnavs love the idea of it. A whole globe with one nice red line around it.

1. Red vs. purple part of the track. As implemented before and now, OpenCPN records only a single segment (contiguous part) of a track. So if the track is stopped/restarted it will be a new track, i.e. the current part will be red, all previous parts - purple. While implementing importing of multi-segment tracks, I was considering making the same for recorded tracks. It can (and probably should) be done, but it needs adding more interaction, and I wanted to keep the changes in OpenCPN to minimum, especially not to let grow the user interface. I would say - yes, let's implement full multi-segment tracks.

2. Round-the-world-track. This is recorded in the opencpn.log as LOGBOOK lines. They are easy to extract with a grep/text editor, and can be converted to GPX file. A half-hourly interval is more than adequate for this purpose. And it can be even made red (or green or blue), if one sets the right <sym> attribute .

Piotr
Closed Thread