opencpn 2.1.0 Beta 415 is ready for download.
40. Improve quilt alogorithm for highly under-zoomed quilts.
41. Correct cm93 cell offset logic. Warning....
42. Correct Makefile.am for new language support.
43. Correct logic for Delete Active track with RouteManager control...again...
44. Correct Down-Arrow key behavior
45. Correct error on logfile rename if no logfile is present.
46. Correct crash on right-click in blank area of quilt.
47. Correct quilt logic to preclude reentrancy/recursion on SENC build.
48. Load Bells sound files on demand only.
49. Tidy up CVS files. Requires build procedure change....
50. Improve small scale viewport algorithms, especially cm93 and chart outlines.
51. Correct BSB
chart bug concerning corrupt embedded line index on some charts
52. Correct COG Up mode on MSW build
53. Modify RouteManagerDialog for basic functionality.
54. Move "DeleteAllRoutes/Tracks" from context menu to RouteManagerDialog
55. Correct for AIS target speed > 102.2 Kts.
56. Correct ASI Query dialog for case where erroneous AIS transponder reports MMSI=0.
57. If AIS port is "None", do not show AIS tool in toolbar.
58. Implement ownship COG/SOG predictor length setting on Toolbox->Settings.
59. Implement basic quilting for cm93 charts.
60. Implement piotr's ideas for improved AIS icon visibility.
61. Implement AIS functionality recommendations regarding slow targets.
41/59: Some F and G scale cm93 cells contain embedded offsets. These probably came from shifted datum on the original survey
data. You can probe these by enabling M_COVR objects in Toolbox->VectorCharts->MarinersStandard->SelectAll, enable Meta objects, and then right click on cm93 chart and look at "coverage" item. Offsets are in attribute "wgsox, wgsoy". Usually zero, sometimes not....
If we apply those offsets univerally, we get the offset problems noted in the previous Beta. If we do not apply the offsets, then some F and G cells are offset in the wrong direction. This becomes clear with quilting of cm93 (item 59).
What to do? We may have reached the ultimate level of accuracy of the cm93 dataset.
Check out your favorite large scale cm93 area, looking for offsets They will be obvious, on the order of hundreds of meters......
This is a real problem, since the affected cells are simply wrong, and potentially dangerous.
Ideas and screenshots encouraged.
53. RouteManagerDialog has basic functionality now. Could do more in this dialog. Ideas encouraged.
a. Quilt for TMerc: This needs some discussion. We cannot accurately include a TMerc chart in a Mercator quilt without a costly reprojection of the TMerc chart into Mercator. On the other hand, if all the charts in the quilt are TMerc, then we can build a reasonable TMerc quilt. This will be the case in some Scandinavian areas. This needs coding...
So, how do we handle the mixed-projection case? Ideas?
b. Will (Manimaul) is designing some new icons and UI elements which look to be an improvement in usability, and some sweet eye-candy. Requires some coding to implement, coming next....
c. We could use a "WayPointManagerDialog", similar to the "RouteManagerDialog". Code template is right there. Any takers?
d. Convert to cmake build process. In parallel development/test now. Thanks to sethdart. Will be implemented by next Beta.
Thanks in advance for the feedback