Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 29-01-2010, 10:14   #31

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
What have I done wrong?? I got release 1.36 to work fine on an initial install on another XP laptop....
You have probably not done anything wrong. I suspect the "dll hexx" syndrome, which Dave feared wen changing the the installation on win. I'm sorry that I can't help out much in this area, but it would be interesting to have a look at your log file. For location of your log file, check this link Installing OpenCPN |.

Thomas

Old 30-01-2010, 05:53   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Boatless Again
I looked at the log file and solved my problem--turns out it sometimes takes more than one mouse click on the netbook before the program responds, and I really hadn't added my C93 charts to the directory...

Still commissioning the boat, but have been succesfull with the charts and the AIS inputs. Did find a slight problem with the CM93 tide stations around Trinidad not showing up on Opencpn, and reported that on sourceforge. Should be able to give the program a real workout soon when we get underway.

Old 30-01-2010, 06:07   #33
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Quote:
Originally Posted by donradcliffe View Post
Still commissioning the boat, but have been succesfull with the charts and the AIS inputs. Did find a slight problem with the CM93 tide stations around Trinidad not showing up on Opencpn, and reported that on sourceforge. Should be able to give the program a real workout soon when we get underway.
I spotted your SF post, AFAIK the tide stations are not part of CM93, they are provided by xtides, which suffers from limited data due to the lack of generosity of some governments Hackoon has provided a method and file for introducing the wxtides data into opencpn, but it seems to be of limited value - either the wxtides data is wrong or the integration method.. You may wish to give it a try and report back on the accuracy of the data.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: