Version 3.1 Beta Build 1328 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
168. Correct Track start Timestamp calculations.
169. Improve default "Send to GPS" context menu shortcut behavior with no port defined.
170. Increase Tide icon selectable point radius to improve selectability.
171. Implement multi-selection capability for RouteManagerDialog lists, especially "Delete"
172. Remove "Export All" button from RouteManagerDialog
173. Further improve Dashboard text rendering
174. Correct crash on delete Dashboard as parent of Preferences dialog.
175. Implement improved Serial
port detection for linux/Mac.
176. Revert #166, libtinyxml dependency. Now at 2.6.2
177. Correct for Mark Info html links with embedded spaces on linux
178. Correct partial hang on Windows when no network interface is available.
179. Correct crash on Mac when large logfile is restarted.
180. Add sorted Datastream priority to options->Connections list.
181. Update some translatable strings.
182. Implement Route
Print function. Thanks to "registry" for the patch.
176. If you are running Debian Squeeze and want to install OpenCPN from the distribution.deb package, you will need to install with something like this in order to satisfy install dependencies related to libtinyxml:
$sudo dpkg -i --force-depends opencpn_3.1.1327-1_i386.deb
This is a Release Candidate.
What is left to do:
a. Test the new features of this Beta (169, 171, 177, 180, 182).
b. Regression test everything we can think of, especially Datastream oriented.
c. Complete and submit the last language translation files.
d. Review once more the last few Flyspray issues, either closing or deferring any remaining open tasks.
e. Include final documentation
f. Change the Version number, and publish it.
We are down to the final tests for this official release.
...No more feature additions will be entertained.
...Only serious (i.e. crashing or erroneous/dangerous nav information) bugs will be considered.
...No more changes to embedded original English
text strings will be entertained.
I plan to let this Candidate sit for at least a week, and try to get some users who might be afraid of the term "Beta" to load and run it. Please help with this idea if you can. Call it a Release Candidate. Tell your friends.
Really, it is ready to go....I think.
Thanks, and good luck testing.