Version 3.3 Release Candidate 2430 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at: https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN
449. Correct skewed chart/course-up mode ViewPort angle calculation.
450. Improve Options dialog layout regarding Transparent toolbar and Play Shipsbells.
451. On AZERTY (French) keyboard, suppress "_" key for zoom out, accept "-" for same.
452. Disable "\" chart rotation keys unless enabled by hidden config entry
453. Add "WGS_84" and "WGS-84" as aliases to "WGS84" chart datum.
454. Correct physical display size logic for rotatable devices.
455. Update embedded documentation
. Thanks cagney
456. Disable automatic sending of Windows CrashReports, except by config option.
This is the first Release Candidate of O4.
What that means is that this image, with one simple change to the displayed version number, becomes the actual OCPN 4.0 Release article.
It is an important milestone. We may elect to defer minor changes in appearance and wording from this point on, in the interest of stability.
Significant updates here include:
1. Major update to the embedded documentation
. Many, many thanks to Thomas (cagney) for pulling extra duty over a busy Xmas season.
2. All final international translations included.
3. Automatic Windows Crash Report email
is disabled, but may be enabled by the user in the config file:
Crash Reports are saved in the OpenCPN config directory, i.e. where the log file is stored now. End users may occasionally be asked privately to send these reports to a designated recipient.
Reason for change: My mail server for capturing CrashReports will be overwhelmed if we get a systematic crash scenario in the field. If this scenario happens, we will handle it as a special case.
Folks, I literally am done with my list for O4. We should make every effort to test this RC as extensively as time allows. Assuming no serious flaws, we can expect to ship O4 in about 4-5 days.
Thanks, and good luck