Version 4.1.1301 Release Candidate will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
91. Correct config file location for portable (-p) operation.
92. Fix uncompensated skewed chart display. (FS#1904) Thanks Chuck.
93. Correct cm93 quilt logic in OpenGL for some especially complex situations.
94. Correct rendering of disjoint, large scale S57 cells.
95. Implement mag variation calculation at object location if WMM is available.
96. Update Authors list, adding Didier Gautheron.
97. Correct Windows Generic GDI OpenGL driver initialization.
98. Improve DUSK/NIGHT color presentation by eliminating bright decorations.
99. Correct display of very long routes (FS#1896)
100. Implement scaled icons for Settings top icons in responsive mode.
101. Handle NMEA
V4 messages with prepended tags.
102. Re-enable ability to add a single
chart to a group.
103. Improve initial responsivness of Option dialog.
104. Modify OpenGL texture logic to support non-compliant MSW "GDI Generic" driver.
105. Implement ScaledVectorGraphics (SVG) interface for tools and icons.
This Beta is a Release Candidate. Only very minor changes are anticipated before the Production Release of O4.2.
Please check your favorite corner cases without mercy. Break it if you can. Submit crash reports if you find them.
Also, don't forget to have a look at the international translations provided generously by all the crowdin project
Finally, lets keep in mind always that there are many thousands of O4 users in the wild, and many will eventually upgrade to O4.2. We want no serious regression problems, and want the upgrade to be as smooth and intuitive as possible. So think like a relatively in-experienced user as you put this RC through its paces. Is it less satisfying in any way? Is any part of the User Experience a step backwards?
Thanks, and Good Luck