RC(2) 4.1.1317 plots waypoints at wrong positions on polyconic chart after switching quilting off.
Set up the condition.
1. Run OpenCPN
2. Turn quilting off
3. Turn OpenGL off.
4. Center View on 42 35.5 N and 82 47 W.
5. Select US chart 14853_23.KAP.
6. Place some waypoints:
sea buoy (Clinton River "CR") at right side of chart,
start of dredged channel (Clinton River R "2"),
and drop some more waypoints at turns in the river.
7. Center the chart and zoom out enough to just show the left and right
8. Shut down OpenCPN.
Steps to reproduce.
9. Start OpenCPN. Screen
should look like the first screenshot.
10. Use F9 key to toggle quilting on. Only the background chart with waypoints will be displayed like the second screenshot. I think this behavior is to prevent quilting of non-mercator charts
in DC mode.
11. Use F9 key to toggle quilting off. The right-most chart on the chart bar is selected. Select chart 14853_23.KAP. It should be at the left end of the chart bar. Now the waypoints are displayed at wrong places on the chart
as seen in the third screenshot.
12. Panning (left-click-hold and drag) will move the chart and waypoints by different amounts. It appears that the chart is displayed (and panned) at one scale and the waypoints are displayed (and panned) at a different scale.
13. Shut down OpenCPN with OpenGL off and quilting off.
Steps 9 through 13 can be repeated as needed. Step 12 is optional.
This problem seems to have started with Beta 4.1.925. My builds with commits between 8/10/2016 and 9/23/2016 don't have this problem.
There was a slightly different problem reported in the CF at the end of June (also Flyspray #1810). At that time the problem was with incorrect placement of waypoints on a quilted polyconic chart.
Polyconic quilt gone wrong
I found this new problem this morning when I was about to delete my test waypoints on the Clinton River.