Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2013, 08:06   #556

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: OpenCPN Internationalization ( i18n )

Sean...
what's the output of
Code:
locale -a
? I bet there will not be much more than English (That's how at least Ubuntu and derivates behave during installation)... In the Toolbox you can see just the languages you have locales for. To add more:
Code:
less /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED #To see a list of supported langs
sudo locale-gen de_DE #Any language you want...
sudo update-locale
@Rick...
"On Linux, you may need to install further language libraries to be able to select all languages." refers to the steps I wrote above, not important on Windows and actually not needed for people who just want to run OpenCPN in the same language they run their systems.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 09:38   #557

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

I fixed the problems mostly.. The french translation for weatherfax had everything commented out.

I have some html files with some of the plugins.. Would these be translated to separate files and then I could just load whichever one in the code manually?

Almost half of the plugin's CMakeLists.txt is devoted to translations.. Can we somehow consolidate this logic and put it in a single place it can be included?

Every plugin has to call AddLocaleCatalog in Init.. why can't plugin manager do this?

I forgot the enable internationalization in wxformbuilder for all but weatherfax plugin, and some strings changed so a second pass is probably needed to finish translations. I have

weatherfax
german french

weather_routing
german

celestial_navigation
german french

wmm -- german/french seem incomplete for the updated stuff

grib -- need updated translations (get from seandepagnier/OpenCPN master branch for internationalization fixes) grib_enhancements is now merged
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:31   #558

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Thanks Sean, very helpful. Just to be clear, I will wait until Pavel gets the grib language translations over to the "master" before doing any GIT or compile on that. Just let me know please... pavel?

I guess as time permits I can Git/compile Weatherfax, weather_routing, celestial_navigation from your repositories?

Rick
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:48   #559

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post

I forgot the enable internationalization in wxformbuilder for all but weatherfax plugin, and some strings changed so a second pass is probably needed to finish translations. I have
weatherfax, german french
weather_routing, german
celestial_navigation, german french
wmm -- german/french seem incomplete for the updated stuff
grib -- need updated translations (get from seandepagnier/OpenCPN master branch for internationalization fixes) grib_enhancements is now merged
Translations into French of several plugins are underway.

Early versions we provided are not definitive.

You must understand that these are plugins much more technical than the other plugins. For example, having never handled sextant, I must ask for help to translate the plugin celestial navigation. This translation is in progress

Such as on waether fax, I tried to understand how it works by reading the thread. But in this thread, the "bazaar". Finally, Sailor54 found the new page in the website "opencpn.org" and has indicated. There understand a little something. We can move in translation.

Weather for routing, it is equally difficult to understand by reading the thread.

In short, let us time.

In addition, if you notify us in case of changes in the pot file, we will go faster. It is not practical to have to look constantly changes in the pot files.

I hope we can finish by the end of the week but this is not certain.

Gilletarom.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 10:58   #560

Boat: Phantom 19

Quote:
Almost half of the plugin's CMakeLists.txt is devoted to translations.. Can we somehow consolidate this logic and put it in a single place it can be included?
Yes, it could be done and I've just done it - refer to https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN/c...7d499628c9318c
Quote:
Every plugin has to call AddLocaleCatalog in Init.. why can't plugin manager do this?
It certainly can, but if we do it, we can do it just for the plugins using the next version of the API - otherwise all the existing plugins would have to be modified...

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 11:03   #561

Gilletarom, Thanks. I'll hold off a bit. Take a look at Post #382 weatherfax thread in case you missed it...
Quote:
I've updated Opencpn Manual and have added a new writeup for the Weatherfax Plugin here
Plugins | Official OpenCPN Homepage
and here
Weatherfax_Plugin | Official OpenCPN Homepage

For some reason the link under Plugins does not work, but the one lower down does.
Old 21-04-2013, 11:04   #562

Hello,

Quote:
I fixed the problems mostly.. The french translation for weatherfax had everything commented out.
There are comments in the files of French language because it allows multiple translators to work successively from an initial releasefiles. We send previous version to other translator and, so, we can think quietly.

Gilletarom.
Old 23-04-2013, 02:32   #563

hello,

Here a new french version for grib plugin using the pot file that I download from here : File Thing 2.5.4 one our ago.

B.R.

Gilletarom.
Attached Files
File Type: doc French_file_language_grib_pi_Version_02.zip.doc (4.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 23-04-2013, 05:02   #564

Gilletarom, Sean,

I recall that these language files Ocpn Grib and Weather_routing are the most recent ones, just before Dave (bdcat) did the merge of grib_enhancements to the origin/ 'master'. My download location Ocpn Grib and Weather_routing Will the Language Directory there be ok to use for the language files or should I update them?

Sean perhaps I should update the files at that location? Would I just GIT from
the "master" repository https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN
the newest Grib_pi and Opencpn code by issuing:
Quote:
git fetch -all from opencpn-git directory
git checkout origin/master (to set the branch)
git branch -a (to see all the remotes and which branch it is on).
git remote -v (Nohal's whats-what command for path names)
git pull origin master (Just to be sure I have all the files, and because I am not programming yet and don't mind overwriting any files that I have changed!)
Then change directory to plugins, delete the weather_routing_pi directory,
and issue the GIT command
Quote:
git clone git://github.com/seandepagnier/weather_routing_pi.git
to download the most recent version of the weather routing plugin.

Then I would change directory to opencpn-git/build and compile as normally
Quote:
cmake .. (two period)
cmake --build . (one period)
Then open MSVC, pick opencpn.sln project and Rebuild DEBUG and Release.

Then upload the necessary files, so others can download the most recent grib_pi and weather_routing and opencpn.exe, etc so they can test the plugins?

Sorry for the verbose writing, I would like others to learn too.
Now I need to know how to make a 'Package' that will install, to make it easier for others to install, or should I wait for Nohal to put that 'testing' version on the website downloads?
Old 23-04-2013, 05:47   #565

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Gilletarom, Sean,

I recall that these language files Ocpn Grib and Weather_routing are the most recent ones, just before Dave (bdcat) did the merge of grib_enhancements to the origin/ 'master'. My download location Ocpn Grib and Weather_routing Will the Language Directory there be ok to use for the language files or should I update them?

I'm not a developer but only a translation of the language files of OpenCPN (and plugins). It is always the "bazaar" regarding the best place to put a language file.

For example Konni (LogBookKonni), everything is done on the thread. but sometimes this is done by mail because we communicate a lot with him in this way.

When I translated a file from a plugin that manages Pavel, I often send him mail too.

In the case of SaltyPaws there are three son and it's never the same thread that is active. Impractical.

For celestial navigation, weather fax, weather routing, grib, there are several plugins and therefore more thread. And I can never find my way out in the thread. I find normal, as Carcode did, to all translations of the I18n thread. Left to put another post on the thread of the plugin in question. I do not know why, but it seems to me like I18n thread safe where you can always find it easily.
Old 23-04-2013, 06:34   #566

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello,
For celestial navigation, weather fax, weather routing, grib, there are several plugins and therefore more thread. And I can never find my way out in the thread. I find normal, as Carcode did, to all translations of the I18n thread. Left to put another post on the thread of the plugin in question. I do not know why, but it seems to me like I18n thread safe where you can always find it easily.
Don't forget to add climatology to the list.

You can communicate with me via email if you prefer, or just post in this thread.

Posting the translations on those threads things get lost since mostly the discussion is not related to translation.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 13:27   #567

Gilletaron,
How about keeping the language files here
OCPN Download -Weather_Routing Files, etc.

I can give you and others the same user & pass so that you can add directorys and download and upload language files (language files only please) others will be deleted from that directory.
Old 25-04-2013, 06:32   #568

It would be helpful if someone could augment the documentation for internationalization for plugins, because it gets a little complicated. We need some simple directions to visualize the plugin process for language. For Opencpn it seems pretty straightforward.

Internationalization | Official OpenCPN Homepage
Old 29-04-2013, 04:19   #569

I think Pavel had a great idea. Why not register and sign up for a github account and create a repository for Opencpn/Language? You can use that to store all the program and plugin language files in one place, have dialogue and notices for updates etc. I think it might be a better process if others doing the conversions could get familiar with it.

I have signed up (not difficult) and would "Watch" and "Star" that topic...
Old 06-05-2013, 12:51   #570

Hello,

Here a french translation po file for the plugin AIS-Radar.

Delete ".doc" and unzip.

Best regards, Gilletarom
Attached Files
File Type: doc French_language_file_opencpn-aisradar_pi_V_096.zip.doc (3.2 KB, 78 views)