Just returned from 3 weeks at sea (North Sea Netherlands-Norway vv)
Tested the current
2.1.0 Build 624 release under Windows XP-SP3 with CM93 2010 chart set.
1) when ship is in *center* position the ship moves over the chart.
Ship should stay fixed in center and chart should move
(The look-ahead mode works fine)
2) If the Windows taskbar is set to*locked*, the GRIB Dialog function
does not show when the grib button is clicked. Instead of the dialog
function showing up the upper top bar (light blue) swithches from light
blue to blue.
3) Leg/Route info is not showing days if trip or leg last over 24 hrs.
Dampening of data is also required here as our 350 mile trip lasted
anything from 2 to 6 days (or rather 48 - 144 hrs, not countin minutes)
4) Blue top bar (Windows uses this for the program name only I think) does
not change clolor when in night view. This top bar radiates far to much
light at night.
5) When changing watches (specially at night) you need the actual time.
This could be displayed in large font in the top bar of OCPN between the
HELP icon and the GPS
icon. I am happy with any program feature that
assists me in not having to look for my glasses ;-)
OCPN worked very good. The AIS feature in the shipping
lanes was of great assitance to our safe navigation
Thanks a lot to all the program wizzards.