The 4.1.909 Beta Test release of OpenCPN
for Android is available for download now.
45. Implement Google
46. Integrate World Magnetic Model (WMM) PlugIn
47. Move data storage
48. Implement Fullscreen (immersive) mode.
49. Implement mouse wheel
50. Implement standard OCPN help files.
51. Many and varied UI tweaks for small devices.
You will probably do best to un-install any previous Beta before installing this one. Your private OCPN data (navobj.xml, custom icons, etc.) will be deleted in this process, so please save any critical data safely before proceeding.
Maps is sure fun, but sure eats up bandwidth.... Access by the OCPN Android Basic menu.
46. The World Magnetic Model PlugIn gives the user Magnetic Variation automatically. By default, the live toolbar icon is disabled. Be assured that the PlugIn is working away in the background, however. The live toolbar feedback may be re-enabled by Expert Settings->Plugins->WMM Preferences.
47. Once more we move the app data storage
location, to conform to Android design rules, and hopefully remain compatible with Google's future versions. I think that this is the last move. Due to the nature of Android/linux symbolic link behaviour on different platforms, you may find it necessary to poke around a bit to find your logfile, config file, etc. You may always look at the OCPN help tool to get a direct readout of the locations.
48. This may be viewed as a "partial" immersive Fullscreen mode. We retain the OCPN Action Bar, because we need it to fully operate OCPN, and to exit FullsScreen mode when desired. Swipe from the top or bottom screen
edge to temporarily show the Android navigation
and status bars.
49. Please try your mice, either BT or OTG cabled flavor.
50. I have integrated the standard OCPN help file set, graphics and all. Some is of course not relevent to Android, but most is. It does make the APK significantly larger.
51. Some of the Expert Settings dialogs were tweaked. Also Route/Track/Waypoint properties dialogs.
This is probably the last Beta before a Release Candidate.
As always, feedback is appreciated.