Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2010, 04:17   #16

Boat: Dufour 35
I agree, no bug..
..and if you want to exclude charts, for example the SHOM charts sailorF54 was talking about, just right click on the chart, or the button in the chart bar, and press "Remove this chart from quilt". Do this for all the SHOM charts and only the Google chart and CM93 will quilt.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 07:28   #17
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I agree, no bug..
..and if you want to exclude charts, for example the SHOM charts sailorF54 was talking about, just right click on the chart, or the button in the chart bar, and press "Remove this chart from quilt". Do this for all the SHOM charts and only the Google chart and CM93 will quilt.

Thomas
This is exactly what I have to do in Nobeltec if it chooses to quilt a different set of charts than my sensitivities think should be chosen.

But Nobeltec will NEVER quilt vector and raster together. The fact that OpenCPN will use CM93 along with raster is actually an added bonus.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2010, 09:31   #18

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
What you describe is a feature, this is how quilting rastercharts works. There is no "background chart" as such, but CM93 is used in areas where there isn't any other coverage.
Of course this is not set in stone, and can be changed. You may want to consider a feature request in the Tracker.
Thomas
Thanks for pointing out that the exact location in the doc. Mind you, I didn't describe it as a bug. As least in France, the problem is that the er ... 'available' .kap SHOM charts are way less up to date than the CM93 (they are nicer to look at though...)
There may more pressing needs though...
sailorF54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 10:39   #19

Boat: Dufour 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
Phiggins, et al....

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Staniel Cay....

As a simple test, we may increase the chart stack limit in chartdb.h

Code:
#define     MAXSTACK          20
Modify this line, to something like 30, and recompile.

Is it a bug? Yes, I think so. In the US, with all NOAA ENCs, RNCs, cm93, and pilot charts, we can clearly exceed 20 charts in the stack. The limit of 20 was established early on to safely bound the stack size, and facilitate array bounds checking. Nothing magic about 20.

ktcanuck....
re your problem, I cannot find any obvious problem from the logs you kindly sent. So, count the chart selection bar boxes. Are there 20 showing when you exhibit the problem?

Bandwidth challenged, but loving the latitude....
Dave
I tested with MAXSTACK set to 40 and loaded a double set of Pilot Charts in an overlap area + some wx charts. It works, but my box slowed down quite a bit. I can't remember why, so it must be a memory issue

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote